/mpv/ - the Sup Forumsreatest media player

Other urls found in this thread:

pidgin.im/
sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/
github.com/jb-alvarado/media-autobuild_suite
imouto.my/tutorials/watching-h264-videos-using-compute-unified-device-architecture-cuda/#checklist
imouto.my/download/lav-filters-megamix-x64/
imouto.my/download/lav-filters-megamix-32-bit/
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/1400
github.com/donmaiq/mpv-filenavigator
github.com/rossy/mpv-open-file-dialog
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/Applications-using-mpv
twitter.com/AnonBabble

NGU when?

to watch blacked.com videos in?

NNEDI3 is better even with 16nn.

Don't forget that madshi doesn't want to share his algorithm. It's normal because madVR 1.0 version will release soon and will be a paid release.

Madshi and haasn are the same person.

A retard said that weeks ago and you still believe him.

When THE guy will dump and decrypt the madVR shaders. I suspect him to wait for complete NGU.

Have any comparison?

Anyone else having problems streaming with youtube-dl on lachs0rs new build? It works on youtube but not for other sites.

Is there a way to make panning shots look less choppy, but keep the rest of the video looking good without interpolation artifacts?

>look less choppy
>interpolation artifacts
huh?

Try updating youtube-dl

Panning shots in chinese cartoons look notoriously terrible.

tscale=oversample?

I can see a slight improvement but it's nothing to write home about.

Thanks anyway.

Thats the first thing I tried...

The first step toward greatness is being able to accomplish basic functions like seeking faultlessly. Let us know when MPV can do that.

So That Trash Dove meme that's flying around the net reminded me of that old chat client, pidgin.im/ Anyone remember this ?

n cycle-values sigmoid-slope 6.5 10.0

in input.conf
and see for yourself with this pic.

Cool, nice improvements.

Is this comfy?

Use TVs smoothmotion (like LG)

Windows builds: sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/
(Please disable your ad-blocker, it really helps the project keep going!)

have you stopped removing the new OSC from your builds, you faggot

It's a big buggy but it's still probably the best GUI frontend for mpv

>Anyone remember this ?
It comes pre-installed on hundreds of Linux distros so yeah, I'm pretty sure people "remember" shit they literally have installed on their system as we speak.

I am glad he does this, bottombar looks like fucking garbage.

>have you stopped removing the new OSC from your builds, you faggot
Can't you just edit mpv.conf, you autismal fucker?

Just installed mpv.

What settings should I put in my mpv.conf for best anime viewing experience?

lachs0r or shinchiro builds?

profile=opengl-hq
hwdec=auto
scale=ewa_lanczos
interpolation
video-sync=display-resample
keep-open
slang=en,eng
sigmoid-slope=10.0

lachs0r

shinchiro has the best builds and are much more up to date.

profile=opengl-hq
hwdec=no
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossoft
deband-iterations=2
deband-range=12
video-sync=display-resample

the only real difference is how up to date they maintain them.

So, whatever you want.

>no hwdec (no point not to use it)
>useless cscale=ewa_lanczossoft
>no interpolation
>lanczossharp - ringing artifacts all over the place
5/10

Build it yourself. It's incredibly easy with this: github.com/jb-alvarado/media-autobuild_suite

Thanks!

hackaday is pretty nice

Try other tscale values, like mitchell. It's basically interpolating every frame whereas oversample only compensates judder (as far as I understand). Although it's a pretty polarizing effect.

have you tried setting up a 48Hz or 72Hz mode for your monitor?

Enough with this meme, interpolation is more than just eliminating judder. Setting the refresh rate is a shitty solution, and many monitors do not support such rates.

I would expect most monitors support 50hz, 48hz is not much of a stretch.

there's a difference between "full" interpolation (like svp) and frame blending. what mpv and madvr do is simple frame blending, which has no additional benefit over just trying to emulate a perfectly matching refresh rate.

either you like the "video look" introduced by stuff like svp, or you don't. in case you don't, the best solution is to use a proper refresh rate match and to disable frame blending. only if the monitor doesn't support the native refresh rate of the source (or an even multiply), frame blending should be used. frame blending will approach the look of a perfect refresh rate match, but not completely reach it, because frame blending will cause minor blurring/ghosting.

many old computer monitors only support 60hz. not sure how many newer models support other refresh rates. probably all gaming targetted models will, but monitors aimed at work/business might not.

most tvs support all typical refresh rates these days, which is 23.976, 24.000, 50.000, 59.940 and 60.000, but often 25hz, 30hz, 48hz and 72hz are not supported by tvs. tvs are pretty picky. gaming monitors are probably much more flexible there.

some new tvs (many samsung models) judder with 24fps sources, even though they do accept 24hz input. so sometimes frame blending done by mpv or madvr can actually look superior to sending 24fps natively to the display. so i'd always recommend to compare both and use what looks better.

Maybe for tscale=oversample, but tscale=mitchell definitely does more than compensating judder and blends all frames. This results in very smooth panning, much more than you'd get with 24Hz output, but it also looks blurrier overall.
I like it, personally.

Windows users should use the lavfilters megamix installer!
Less issues, more performance, meme filters and so on.

The main webpage:
imouto.my/tutorials/watching-h264-videos-using-compute-unified-device-architecture-cuda/#checklist

Direct download links:
imouto.my/download/lav-filters-megamix-x64/
imouto.my/download/lav-filters-megamix-32-bit/

Maybe for shitty asian animes because with real action movies mitchell is terrible, it makes everything blurred as hell.

>doom9fag
Would "native" CUDA decoding require a backend in the video renderer?
I tried it with mpv and it seems to give me by far the lowest overhead on both GPU and CPU, compared to copyback modes (on Linux too, btw.).

>nevcairiel
Yes, it would. If you want absolutely minimal overhead then DXVA Native is your only choice.

wow, so turns out it was my ytdl-format setting that was messing things up. Changed it best and now it works.

oh, ok. i've only ever used oversample so far. i like things sharp - but also smooth. may give mitchell a try, although i don't really like the idea of *every* frame being blended.

How do I get mpv to play youtube playlists?

The same way you use to watch a video.

It only plays the first video. I thought it was a youtube-dl issue, but I have the newest version.

It's working normally for me.

Sorry, it seems I mistook "playlist" for "mix", e.g. the automatic playlists generated by youtube. Not supported as of yet unless manually entered, it seems: github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/1400

is there a way, from Lua, to open up a file picker for mpv? That's the only thing I'm missing compared to other players.

github.com/donmaiq/mpv-filenavigator
Might be what you're looking for.

What does sigmoid scaling do? Can someone link me comparisons?

Honestly this sucks.
If you're on windows there is this script
github.com/rossy/mpv-open-file-dialog
It doesn't look like there is anything for other platforms, but it might not be too hard to make.

When haasn will produce something better than haasnsoft?

Why would he?
He's probably the only person in the world who uses it, so if he's happy with it, I don't see why he would bother pursuing mythical scaling dragons.

But I use it too.

Then perhaps you should ask yourself when you became an autistic german weeb.

How exactly am I supposed to install the dependencies for building mpv?

Kind of, but has the right idea. Thanks to both of you.

Though I'm using GNU plus Linux. I'll look into translating that into something I can use.

i wish instead of simply opening a file with my file manager i had to open mpv first then open a smaller worse version of my file manager and then double click a file. please implement this feature soon mpv devs it is essential.

kek, I don't get it either.

You could always use a frontend like mpc-qt.
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/Applications-using-mpv

I'd like my player to open a file dialog at the latest place I used it in, with a nice history showing me what I recently watched. I think it's convenient, anyway.

Never mind:
0 upgraded, 111 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 43.2 MB of archives.
After this operation, 204 MB of additional disk space will be used.
>111 packages and 204MB of bloat just so you can build mpv
Fuck this.

>1GB hard drive

But why?

I missed some dev headers, so:
>installing 150+ packages just to build three packages (ffmpeg, libass, mpv)
It doesn't add up.

whats going on here?

how to?
Lachs0rs builds if you are looking for stable releases, and sourceforge if you want the newest features.

how do i disable scroll seek MY BIRD KEEP STEPPING ON MY TRACK PAD

in input.conf add
MOUSE_BTN3 ignore
MOUSE_BTN4 ignore

User script that does chat overlay from twitch like this in mpv when?

are you building a full blown ffmpeg?
do you realize how much stuff ffmpeg supports?

What's the button to jump to the beginning of a video?

input.conf