Old Thread: Post your simple/small/stupid questions here
take at least 10 seconds to google first

Other urls found in this thread:

tips.fbi.gov/
aftenposten.no/
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Recommended_software
madrid.gaycities.com/bars/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Questions that dont deserve their own threads.
FTFY

what does the little light at the bottom of my kindle paperwhite mean? It was orange so I assumed that meant the battery was low and it became green when I charged it. Now the battery actually looks low and the light is still green

RTFM

Though computer was freezing, turns out it has something to do with my devices and nothing about the disk was freezing itself.

>Mouse stops working.
>Keyboard stops working.
>Logitech G13 keeps flashing like I'm plugging it in and out real fast over and over.
>Internet USB stays on somehow.
>Sound interface stays on as well.

I just went to Power Options in the advanced section and disabled "USB selective suspend setting," but I'm not sure if that's what it is since I just turned the computer back on and Googled what I could possibly do. Posting this before they probably shut off again.

update your drivers

Hello, my laptop (hp pavilion dv6) has several issues with it. Number one is the kepboard. I didnt spill anything on it but it doesnt work properly, only L types L and everything else is mapped to other keys or doesnt work. What could be the cause?

Additionally the Fan operates way too loudly. Its working like a piece of shit please help.

If I leave my X220 plugged in while it's powered off, would there be any risk of damage to the battery?

>light at the bottom of my kindle paperwhite mean?

is mITX retarded? I feel like ATX is shitty and big with lots of wasted space

what sort of a question is this?

Are you retarded? You answered your own question.

it depends entirely on what you need. if your needs can be attained in an mITX form factor, don't let faggots on the internet shame you over it. just keep in mind possible upgrade plans

Is there any 8-inch Windows 10 tablet with decent specs that you could recommend, and not Chuwi?

chrome won't let me deactivate flash anymore
tried fixing it with a reboot but that didn't work

What was the name of the browser that blocks but clicks ads?

pic related is how it's supposed to look like with the blue text under each plugin

Disabling selective suspend kept it on long enough for me to update everything and shut it down, which is longer than they were staying on before. Here's to hoping both suggestions fixed it. Thanks.

you mean browser ADDON, AdNauseam, but that shit didnt seem to work for me.

just checked and I had a standalone version of flash installed
I'll reboot and see if uninstalling that fixes it

Yeah, that one, for some reason I thought they just forked Firefox for that.

I just got ssh access to a VAX-11/785 system running OpenVMS 7.3, how do I log in? The normal ssh user@address isn't working. They provided a UIC as well, do I need to use this to login somehow?
Also what should I do with it?

it didn't

safemode then reinstall

I require a mixer, but for an unusual purpose: I have two computers that I use for different things, and I want to listen to audio input from both on one set of cans. It would need to be small, be stereo, and harm audio quality as little as possible.
Are there any particular brands or models Sup Forums could recommend for this?

I need new phone number not connected to my name for the next few weeks. what's the cheapest way of doing this, just getting new sim card with some kind of pay as you go service, and stick it into my normal phone?

I'd rather not have to buy a new phone just to do this and I don't want to have to give a fake name to someone irl.

and before someone asks this is for importing illegal stuff so I need there to be no connection to myself.

woulkd pic related be what I'm looking for? or is there a need to buy a new phone altogether?

tips.fbi.gov/

Does anyone have the Sup Forumss programmer challenge roll picture?
You know the one with a list of fun projects etc etc

if your phone is not locked, yeah

I want to have a dedicated exit node, what would be the best thing to use at a budget?

Almost any general purpose computer. raspiss zero would work. So would a chroot on an old Android phone.

Is it worth buying a used Seagate 1TB HDD from some random dude for 30 bucks instead of about 50 new? Dude seems kinda dodgy, not prone to lemme check sectors and stuff.

If saving $20 is worth the additional risk to your data then go for it

>exit node
Prepare your anus for legal hell

>Why are epub files html/css so messy and broken.

Can't they just decide on a single format, it needs rules.
I can fix most of the ones I've come across but what the fuck.

Eyes should not be a third of your head size

How can I tell if a FLAC file is from a web source or CD source if I don't have a .log?

thanks but that didn't fix it either

Thank you, autist.

Since when do cartoons have to be anatomically correct?

Got new setup cause old one was fried from surge, when I turn my new pc on (Asrock b250 k4 mobo, GTX1070 G1 gigabyte, i5 7600 kay) it just says Cmos time/date not set press f1 to go into bios or f2 to continue but when I try press anything my keyboard isn't recognised and can't launch at all

You're right, they should be much bigger.

USB keyboard? Try different USB ports or a PS/2 keyboard if you have one.

Did you just build it? Did you make sure to plug in the front usb to the mobo?

Also make sure your keyboard doesn't have F-key lock

Windows Server 2016, Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB, or Windows 10 Education N?

What are the essential addons for Firefox on Android?

Are all article images on this site broken for everyone or just me?
aftenposten.no/

Can't see them on either Firefox or Chromium.

how come ctrl+shift+esc doesn't work since I bought a new (much better) keyboard? (win7)

Is it possible to install Kubuntu via command line or through a text-based installer? The nouveau drivers that the default installer uses cause freezes within only a couple of minutes on my system when used with KDE's window manager, so it's impossible to complete the installation.

LTSB

None

Just install ubuntu server then throw KDE on there

>And before someone asks this is for importing illegal stuff
Step One:
DON'T POST YOUR INTENTIONS ON A NORTH KOREAN FINGER PUPPET FORUM.

anyone?

It won't have the same out-of-the-box polish that Kubuntu would in that case.

BS

So Firefox Android without uBlock Origin is better than with?

Firefox has its own adblocker, but whatever floats yer boat

I failed to produce a simple script that connects a PC to a TCP/IP printer on Windows 7. I know you can just easymode it with the Add-Printer command on W10, but how about 7?

I'm not trying to do illegal shit, my own personal one

I fiddled around with the font settings in Firefox and now I have the problem that bold fonts have errors when showing arabic numbers (see pic related).
I have tried resetting the settings but it doesn't seem to work and now I feel retarded because I fucked it up (apparently).

The fonts I use are Source Sans Pro, Source Serif Pro and Source Code Pro, but they have no problem producing numbers in Word

So, I got my hands on 10 atom computers that would've went to trash. Is there anything I can do with them? I was thinking of using them as a single server/ seedbox/htpc kind of thing.
Is cluster computing what I'm looking for? As I understand, a cluster is only useful for multi-threaded tasks, which wouldn't be of any use in my case, correct?

Without netstat and only dstat, how do I check which ports the localhost is listening to?

give me a good torrent client that isn't deluge or qbittorrent

utorrent 2.2.1 works fine but I cant search my torrent list using it (wtf)

>has its own adblocker
Let me guess. It allow "non-intrusive" ads and can't be configured?

I need a new HDD for backup (1tb). Nowthe question is:

Whats more reliable, an external 3.0 usb 2.5" or an internal 3.5"?

The price difference is 2 bucks so that doesnt worry me. I recently became a hoarder and I need to start getting real about it.

qbittorrent

>S t a l l i n g
no thanks

wot?

sorry but I don't want to use your meme stalling torrent client

works on my machine

elin

qbittorrent is objectively the best one tbqh senpai.

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Recommended_software

it's the glitchiest one I've ever dealth with and takes an eternity to start
>best
lol even 2.2.1 is better despite its flaws
>halite
>transmission qt
thanks fmapailam

If you don't want pic related then go ahead.

Get rutorrent or something which hasn't been updated in years and is riddled with security holes.

best gay bar in Madrid?

madrid.gaycities.com/bars/
yw

Blamp

I have to share a PC at work, tough I primarily use it.
There are different accounts, I am an administrator, but When I edit something on my desktop the other accounts' desktop changes too.

Should I change the location of the desktop to another location or is there an easier way?

Best way to transfer files from one PC to another over wifi?

Pushbullet

Internal, harder to knock over.

So, Telegram requires phone number to work. Any way to opt out of it? If not, how do I bypass it?

Sometimes when I am gaming or watching a video, my screen stutters BSOD-like. (Screen freezes, mouse included, and the audio stutters like a bitch). It lasts a short time (longest was 1 second) and scares me like a bitch.
Any idea what could cause this?

Doesn't occur often enough to troubleshoot.

Running a 4770k at 4GHz (lowered from 4.2, I thought this was the cause), and dual 780.

My laptop reached 100% just then and turned of. I wasnt even doing anything

If you weren't doing anything, there's no problem. Ticket closed.

Does anyone have the picture of the naked Pajeet with "Microsoft certified solutions engineer" written underneath? Please post it, I somehow deleted it.

Thanks f a m

100C i meant. I wasnt doing anything

Why was your computer on if you weren't doing anything? That's weird.

you know what i mean, it was just idle with nothing open

Ask /ptg/, they must have it

Searched and seen some commands online, but none seem to work.

Just installed bunsenlabs (offshoot of debian) and I'm installing several things in order to start learning linux and coding. The only thing I'm having issues with is with installing ruby on rails. I can't seem to make my main user a superuser under postgress.

I've tried ALTER USER myusername WITH SUPERUSER and ALTER USER myusername CREATEDB

I'm not an expert here, but I guess pretty much anything simple from a reputable brand like picrelated would perfectly fit yor purpose. Perhaps best if it has a headphone level out too, unlike this which has line out only.

ah this one apparently has mono out, but sure there are some that do stereo. Just browse through what some decent brands have, there sure should be something that fits you

What is the best GBA emulator on Android? I was thinking My Boy! Seems to have the best reviews and work the best.

I really like the look of GBA4iOS but I don't think there is anything similar on Android.

Anyone have a favorite open source speech-to-text program? I am cheap and also don't trust the reviews next to the downloads sections bc everyone says the one they chose is good

Is there any reason to keep an old sim card around? After I've had my number changed to a new one and new phone, it's 100% useless right?

if i install a clean copy of windows 8.1 on a computer that came with windows 8 will it automatically activate or whatever or do i need to find a windows 8 iso and install it and then upgrade to 8.1?