Public transportation in your country

What is the public transportation system like in your country or city? In DC, they are likely to shut down major parts of the subway system for repairs that have not been addressed for two decades per this article:

washingtonpost.com/local/trafficandcommuting/metro-chief-to-unveil-plan-friday-for-fixing-rail-systems-woes/2016/05/05/24c54772-12e4-11e6-8967-7ac733c56f12_story.html?hpid=hp_local-news_metro437pm:homepage/story

I'm sure the euros don't have to deal with this but I'm nonetheless curious what you guys/gals experience with public transportation

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m0EVxyjrgR0
youtube.com/watch?v=D_EanDp_Qmk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We have buses and old trains.

Contrary to what the memes say , public transport works quite well in Sao paulo and Rio de janeiro , you can get around safely using the subway and to a lesser extent the bus.

Metro in Moscow

it actually looks well planned. when was it built?

Garbage in Quebec city bike is faster than the bus 80% of the time

Some stations will be opened in this year, the rest will be ready in 2019-2020.

Also, on pic is current plan of metro.

Complex

Just like the Glasgow one

Looks like metro^Wspeed tram map of Volgograd.

Underground tram looks funny

what do you guys pay? for me (OP) is about $5 each way plus parking which is another $5. so end to end it is about $15.

Pretty big.
>parking
Wut?

In Moscow I buy unlimited card for all types of public transport. It costs about 30$ per month.

Trams in Kraków
5/5 bretty gud
Buses are worse because bus-lanes are only in most congested places.

50 cents for one way.

trains in Singapore are pretty efficient. there will be huge public uproar when trains are down for only 30mins

at a lot of our metro stations we have large parking garages. our country is very much dispersed in terms of population. so people drive to the garage, park, and ride the subway

Oh, still $5 is a lot.

seoul.

pretty old but other than the homeless people its not bad. heaters on the platforms.

Hy нихyя ceбe, блять! Eбaть, пиздaнyтьcя мoжнo!

DC metro shouldn't exist. Ridership has never been enough to keep it sustainable. 100% sink.

Pic related is missing a couple of planned extensions, but is otherwise pretty accurate.

Sorry for my russian. It was untranslatable.

C'mon French and Japanese, where the fuck are you?

> no downtown line

how many decades ago was this

meh

Tokyo

JUST
FUCK
MY
COMMUTE
UP

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP
Orlando is bigger horizontally than it is vertically, yet they built a train line that goes vertically. Also, the burbs to the north, mostly where it goes, are relatively well to do so basically nobody takes. And they wonder why it isn't used much. They need an east-west line, because it could pass by 3 or 4 universities, and students would get a lot of use out of it. Also, one that goes from the airport to Disney if they want to make money. fug

Zurich
Tram, bus and trains. Subway was voted against in the 70s, a bad decision in hindsight now that it's getting crowded.

My experience with trams is that they are useless.
Thoughts?

They're alright for small and not heavily populated cities. Less adaptable than buses, but since they have dedicated tracks separate from car traffic they're more reliable and punctual.
If you have a subway system they're redundant obviously.

You are fucking kidding right?

nothing very complicated here
commuting from one line to another is probably the most annoying part

In 2020 Montreal should look like this!

jesus wmata is fucking awful
i hated that train system for years

>Fallout 3 map

Buses and trains mostly

Damn that's amazing, I'm jelly.

This the public transportation system in Medellín. We have the metro system connected with some cool shit such as the metro-cable and the tram which was opened this year.

Metrocable:
youtube.com/watch?v=m0EVxyjrgR0
You can also see some of the girls from the city in this video.

and the tram:
youtube.com/watch?v=D_EanDp_Qmk

Sadly we don't have a metro system in Bogotá, which is pretty sad considering it has 8 million people.

It's pretty basic in most of the country because the towns aren't very large. Some bus lines, which still works I guess. Helsinki region is the only area with more robust infrastructure but it's not great either

>supposed world class city
>public transit infrastructure blows

N.A.S.C.A.R.

It's missing some lines but it's still pretty basic

They're cheaper to build than full blown train tracks so you can cover more space with them. Our inner city is still mostly carried by trams while there's only one train line going through it

Kek

>2020
I've heard this before.

I wish the Orlando area had a metro system due to shit like Disney and Universal being so close but they couldn't do it even if they wished because of our aquifer.

It looks really pretty though.

I think the new color is worse

Here's porto metro even tough it mostly circulates in the surface.

The new government has assured that both porto and lisbon metro's will recieve 275 millions for expansion until 2020.

London's transport is very good honestly

>London Underground font

Is that for real or just a fan map?

Trolley means tram, not shopping cart.