Why does everyone think Steve Jobs invented smartphones?

Why does everyone think Steve Jobs invented smartphones?

because he made them popular

I don't though?
Therefore your point is null and void.
Idiot.

His overall vision and those he employed to make it happen cemented most modern smartphone interface and design paradigms, while also bringing smartphones into the hands of average people rather than just businessmen.

Because his company worked hard to make people believe so

Autist.

Android is just a copy of iPhone

steve jobs was such a god

He introduced the most usable version.

This. The Apple RDF is their greatest invention.

As for an actual explanation, smartphones pre-iPhone were pretty segmented across stuff like Sailfish/Symbian/BlackberryOS/etc, and most people using smartphones were rich businessmen or just richfags in general. Apple took the smartphone, pushed it into a slick industrial envelope and made a walled garden tailored more towards an average consumer user, while also strongarming AT&T into subsidizing the phones to gain a foothold.

So Apple made smartphones into a device for the common man rather than a productivity extension of the always-connected businessman, and for that loads of people believe that Apple "invented" the smartphone.

Test

Stupid millennials. Jobs invented the computer.

thought that was einstein wasnt it?

Even if he didn't even Smartphones, he deserved to be the one who invented it. It rightfully belongs to him by virtue of manifest destiny.

no, you're thinking of louis armstrong

Louis Armstrong invented music

i thought he won the giro

By that logic Microsoft invented computers because they were barely even useable before DOS/3.1

I've had this conversation with Apple fanboys and this is almost always how it goes down

>"Well Apple didn't invent smart phones. Blackberries had the same functionality, the only difference was the form factor"
>"Yeah but Blackberries are stupid. They look NOTHING like iPhones."
>"Blackberry had web browsing, messaging via IP, apps..."
>"Yeah and the stupid keyboard. Just admit it bro the smart phone began with the iPhone."

apple innovations in smartphones:
>touchscreen
>camera
>stereo speakers
>fingerprint readers
>wireless headphones
>about to bring wireless charging

android innovations in smartphones:
>???

pics or it didn't happen, strawmansonnyboi

>literally standing in paddocks

I have dozens of dumb photos like this. Prepare to see some punchable faces...

he basically did though

what a load of horse shit. applel's entire model is stroking the consumer's ego.

I refuse to believe this is real.

Asian fanboys are the retardedest.

because he did.

what "smart phone" was there before the iPhone?

just shitty clunky pda+phones

In retrospect, the first iPhone is kind of shit too.

fpbp

Because he did a much greater job than everyone else at the time

>Why does everyone think Steve Jobs invented smartphones?
He didn't invent the smartphone; he just invented the -best- smartphone.

First of all, the Newton wasn't even a phone.
Second of all, Jobs hated that thing, it was Scully's brainchild after Jobs was forced out of the company.

>think

cult following to play on the need to believe

You could argue Apple helping found ARM to put chips in the Newton caused the smartphone revolution to happen 10 years later as a result of those ARM chips.

my younger friends say their first phone was the iphone 4 in 2010 because it was the first one with a reasonable price at launch

I've never had an iphone and I didn't upgrade from a flipphone until last year, so I want to know if that's true or not

The smartphone was just the natural conclusion of combined pre-existing technologies.

What exactly did Jobs do? Just a really good leader and amazing at marketing?

he inventend personal computers too

Understood the potential of technology. Had an eye for what's aesthetically pleasing. Possessed business savvy and determination. And the charisma to get the best out of people right after telling them what a piece of shit they were.

pretty much said what I was going to say already.
He wasn't necessarily a technical "genius", granted, it's ignorant to say that he knew nothing, you /had/ to know what you were doing back then, especially in the Homebrew days, to understand the industry and what kind of products they'd welcome and buy.

In the end, he was good at seeing potential in a lot of different technologies and figuring out how to blend them all together and polish the shit out of them in a way that made them stand above the competition. For example, the Mac may not have had the raw horsepower and value to back it up against competitors like the Amiga or ST, but that bitmapped display with crisp font/graphics rendering made it all that much more appealing (along with the LaserWriter of course) to the publishers who adopted it as pretty much an industry standard. Attention to detail can make a lot of difference whether it's noticed or not.

> Why does everyone think Steve Jobs invented smartphones?

Propaganda works.

purple monkey dishwasher

And I had a Windows Mobile smartphone before the first iPhone ever appeared. First a Qtek 8080 and then a HTC P4350. Now I'm rocking Lumias like a proper fanboy should.

>touchscreen
P4350 had that in 2006 and was by no means first to do this
>camera
The Qtek had that, 2004
>stereo speakers
Mine didn't, but I know there were models that had that
>fingerprint readers
Inlaid in a button is probably actually a new feature
>wireless headphones
Bluetooth has been around since fucking forever.
>about to bring wireless charging
They still don't have it? Pathetic. I charge both my current and my previous phones on that triple-charging IKEA charger.

There was even a fluid finger-based UI for Windows Mobile back in the day you could install. PointUI 1.0 was pretty rad.

This is what he was really good at.