Steam keeps saying problems with "libc.so.6", buts its to its newest version

plz help

Other urls found in this thread:

serverfault.com/questions/512788/how-to-install-32-bit-packages-on-a-64-bit-centos
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

On centOS

instal gentoo

>current state of linux gaming

There's a thread on arch forums about fixing this. Repeat the steps on your distro

Why even install Steam on GNU/+Linux? If you want to game either dual boot Windows or run it in a VM.

>using proprietary garbage

Go back to Sup Forums you dumb heathen

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

YOU'RE FUCKED, NIGGA.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

You need to install the 32-bit version

>HE FELL FOR THE LINUX MEME

THE OFFICIAL LAUGH AT OP THREAD
HAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAHKKKKKKKKKKHAAHAHAHAAHAHAH

If this was too hard for you I'd like to kindly recommend saving yourself a lot of pain and just turning back now

>inb4 OP is using a 64bit OS and doesn't even have multilib repos enabled.

Steam is garbage ware built using some generic architecture and mtune target for i686

For this reason it only works with i686 packages.

Basically tell steam to build their shitty nonfree garbage with a common architecture like x86_64

I have already tried that, they are all Ubuntu based I'm running CentOS thinking about to change over to Gentoo desu just for fun

Have you tried appending "centOS" to the search?

desu yeah

Run cpu passthrough via an Ubuntu VM

Maybe try a nonmeme distro until you're not shit then

Current state of Linux.

Just install same packages

God this is such a common and well known problem. Learn to fucking Google you absolute nutsack

1. find steam binary
2. ldd steam
3. fix all the missing entries in the list by looking up which centOS package contains the libraries.

I know nothing of centOS but:
serverfault.com/questions/512788/how-to-install-32-bit-packages-on-a-64-bit-centos

says centOS should be able to do this no problem.

Valve is worth more than the entirety of the Linux kernel and everything ever made from it. Don't think you have the cards to make demands.

>but muh micro$hit botnet linux respects your freedom
>install steam botnet

Get an older version.

>using centOS as a desktop OS
Might as well use puppy OS as a server.

TO PLAY ACTUAL PC GAMES INSTEAD WC (WINDOWNS COMPUTER) YOU SHITTY PAJEET.