GPD Pocket

indiegogo.com/projects/gpd-pocket-7-0-umpc-laptop-ubuntu-or-win-10-os-laptop--2#/

Well Sup Forums, you getting it?

Other urls found in this thread:

indiegogo.com/projects/gpd-pocket-7-0-umpc-laptop-ubuntu-or-win-10-os-laptop--2#/
amazon.com/7-inch-Phablet-Android-Bluetooth-Unlocked/dp/B00CY9IAQG
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

$400+ for $110 worth of hardware, what, do they think they're the next Apple or something with that kind of pricing?

Fuckin' insanity.

most likely, yes. I hope it brings the price of older UMPC's down as well...I'm looking at you Vaio P

That's the worst keyboard I've ever seen.

>what is development cost

400 bucks for an Intel Atom? top kek m8

But I gotta say, this company really understands how to sell useless shit to autistic millenials, I respect their buisness model.

>intel Atom

ree

Retail will be $600, and again, it's overbloated fucking pricing period. I'll take a real laptop or even a high end smartphone before I'd buy anything like this at this kind of pricing.

>pathetic hardware
>insane price
>been on kickstarter for years
Yeah, raging success guys

>comparing this Atom powered POS with a MacBook Air
>marketing materials make it look like the MBA is weaker in terms of processing power
>Protip: it's not

Something you either have to eat or you will perish (unless you're in the pharmaceutical industry). Capitalism has no room for the faint of heart. They'll end up falling just as hard only without actually getting their product to anyone.

You realize this company also created the GPD Win which is commercially successful for them?

They will sell this thing with a profit, not saying it's a good product but they know their target audience.

Pic related: target audience

Oh please, that's like saying "this pizza restaurant is overpriced and flavorless, but it survived the 1st year of opening which they say kills 90% of new restaurants, so they must know their customers." It'll be gone in 6 months. Probably after an FBI Investigation.

I can't trust those chinks to make a decently-built product after the GPD WIN.

Well its is pretty fucking cute I give you that

I mostly use Photoshop, After Effects and Illustrator though, all which require both processing power and screen real estate.
It would make a nice dedicated shitposting/small programming project maybe/IRC machine, but it's hard to justify the price

They've been selling shit like that for 4 years now m8, they wouldn't even need kickstarter, they just do it for exposure.

>commercially successful
>Product dead on Kickstarter the first 90% of its life

Overpriced as shit. It's basically chink 2 in 1 tablet with slightly different form factor sold at 2 or 3x the price. Made for autistic millennials with expendable income, just like previous GPD device.

>indiegogo.com/projects/gpd-pocket-7-0-umpc-laptop-ubuntu-or-win-10-os-laptop--2#/

>atom
>$400
give me at least a pentium

and stop shilling, it's shit

How bad at current gen atoms? Like is it worse than a first gen Core i3? Core 2 Duo?

Are you people fucking retarded?
It's a 7in clamshell, an Atom is just fine
Sure the keyboard looks like complete shit and the nub needs to be higher, but I'll do anything for a linux machine I can fit in my pocket

Can I use it to shitpost on Sup Forums?
Can it play 1080p chinese cartoons?
How well does it run Dorf Fort?

>Are you people fucking retarded?
>It's a 7in clamshell

And therein lies the problem, you dumbass, but you yourself are the retarded one that can't comprehend this.

400 for something a netbook did (better because 10") 5 years ago for 200, if I may add.

You could get a tablet with a keyboard

>inb4 the take everyones money and ship out EasyPCs

>fucked spacebar
>tiny unusable right alt/ctrl that could be used for a single other key
>fucked up arrow keys
>trackpoint right near mouse keys, mouse keys are tiny as fuck
>those entire 2 top rows
Those GPD things are nice concept-wise, but fuck me they have absolutely NO FUCKING IDEA how to make a proper keyboard. Why don't they take a fucking look at blackberry phones on how to do it proper?

I've been looking for a computer that:
* Doesn't force me to use an outdated or mobile OS
* Has a physical keyboard that can be used while holding it
* Is small enough that I could carry it in a pocket
* Wasn't released over 5 years ago

The GPD Pocket seems to tick all these boxes. Unless there's something better out there I'm probably just going to hand over my money. The pricing is not an issue.

Looks like a knockoff Vaio P

>no divider between cap lock and 'A'
wow, as if i didn't press caps lock accidentally enough. now it'll be easier!

Except that it has current-day specs and doesn't cost an insane amount of money.

Honestly, they should have just made knockoff of that with the more modern specs it has now. The vaio was goat, but way too expensive.

Worse than core2duo.
They're ok for basic tasks, but they shouldnt be sold for more than 100-200$

You can bet your ass I am

Of course it has twice the cores but still, not too bad given this is one of the best Core2 Duos

And that the Atom's running at practically half the clock of the C2D

>development cost
Something that should be absorbed for a first product. Bankruptcy exists for a reason.
Never make a new product and expect to recuperate the dev costs. Fucking hell.

The cpu is too weak especially for the price

Let's see some similar models at cheaper prices. Oh wait, there aren't any.

dell 2120 n550 for $59

>ancient netbook with an ancient dual-core Atom and a 10.1" 1024x600 display
no

>it has current-day specs

It does.

>That shit tiny keyboard
>Buying anything other then a thinkpad

Can't put a ThinkPad in my pocket.

Neat. I can finally get rid of my tablet now.

>thinkbrick poorfag

>paying $400 for a underpowered phablet with an attached keyboard

Why?

For people who want a UMPC and are sick of their only options being decade old hardware.

I was so looking forward this, but the price is way too high. The GPD WIN has an even more unusual form factor and costs less with roughly the same specs.
Too bad it has a shit keyboard. I think I'll pass.

>amazon.com/7-inch-Phablet-Android-Bluetooth-Unlocked/dp/B00CY9IAQG
>

That's just an oversized cellphone.

>no comparably sized input peripherals
>not x86

>chinks remake GOAT vaio p
>nu-Sup Forums shits on it because they can't afford it

>hey Sup Forumsuys i just gave $400.
>help me believe it was a good idea

Because it really is expensive, not worth the price they are asking. If it was like $199.99 people would actually purchase it.

>really expensive
It's $400 for an actual PC, meanwhile you retards drop $600 on cellphones like it's nothing

my $200 Moto X is more powerful than that thing

have you checked the dragonbox pyra?

No it's not.

it's less capable and more expensive.

>actual PC
>atom
>actual PC

>1920x1200
>7 inch screen
why

ebin

thanks

thinkpad is shit

never understood why autists love it

Cheap, great build quality, and easy to service

most efficient way to get BIOS malware

Those are chinkpads, the obsession is over thinkpads

chinkpads is a derogatory term for thinkpads

Same resolution and display size as the Nexus 7 2013, but nobody asked "why" when that one came. What's the problem?

It's to differentiate between IBM ThinkPads (ThinkPads) and Lenovo ThinkPads (ChinkPads)

>nobody asked "why" when that one came
plenty of people did, and plenty of people are dumbfounded by the need for 4k displays on current phones

No you fucking idiot, chinkpads are the Lenovo Thinkpads. Real Thinkpads were made by IBM. Kys underage faggot

lol what the fuck, there haven't been IBM thinkpads in 12 years, do you run Lubuntu on them or something. This is hilarious I need to know more

its a 100% useless machine

anybody who has a pyra instead of an nvidia shield handheld has autism

They serve different purposes. The Shiled is a tablet while the Pyra has a UMPC form factor

>$0.01 has been added to your account

no the shield is an arm powered handheld gaming machine. the pyra is an arm powered handheld gaming machine. one is great and cheap while the other is shit and expensive.

Again, one is a tablet and one is a UMPC.

I agree, I don't think it's hyperbole ethier.
the only thing I like about it is that it looks like it has a decent amount of travel.

>video has too much text and too little time to read it.
these guys don't know what they're doing

It is literally not a tablet you retarded idiot

That's literally even worse

Oh look, marketing this failed product again on Sup Forums.
How many backers are fakes?

Nvidia has 3 products called the Shield
it's easy to get confused between them

It's not, it's actually the most ergonomic handheld I've ever used

It's far more powerful than the pyra and emulation is pristine. Battery life is about 4 hours. It even has an IPS display. The controls are far better than the pyra even the dpad

The pyra is for mid 30s retards who think they've been keeping up with technology but haven't, and think that debian on a budget low end arm processor is better for gaming and emulation than an Android powered Tegra

I specifically called it the shield handheld. To not know that it exists means you're probably underage or just stupid.

I'm sure it is ergonomic, but the Pyra is actually pocketable and is capable of more than gaymen

>if you don't know about gaymur hardware you're underage
user

>chinkshit
>400 bucks

Nah. Interesting concept but if you ask 400 you need to offer more than that for a shitty Chinese vaio rip-off.

delusional retard or trying way too hard to fit in. ask any autist on Sup Forums for a thinkpad recommendation and I guarantee you'll get a chink model.

I said I wanted a UMPC. How am I going to type shit on that gaymer controller. Fucking idiot

then don't buy a fucking Pyra which is useless for that

Bluetooth keyboard

Quit being retarded

can i play minecraft on it