I need a cheap MP3 player with a fuckload of storage. What do you suggest?

I need a cheap MP3 player with a fuckload of storage. What do you suggest?

Other urls found in this thread:

gearbest.com/mp3-mp4-players/pp_110057.html
gearbest.com/memory-cards/pp_337822.html
youtube.com/watch?v=TiH5BsVTcyg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fuck no

Unlocked Android phone with Phonograph

Any player with a microsd card

>MP3 player
>2017
Just use your phone

i don't have a smartphone

Once in a while you can find those pay-as-you-go carriers pawning off a super cheap Android handset. As long as it has a microSD slot, you can probably get one for as cheap as any dedicated MP3 player. The bonus will be that it's more or less functional for everything else Android can do without a SIM.

htc phones have the best DAC and headphone amps

this sounds interesting, thanks

>unironically a poo loo

what is a DAC?

op here, that wasn't me. i'm not an indian
still tho

ruizu X02 with many microSD cards.

RUIZU X02 for $12
Benjie S5 / K9 / X1 for $20-25

only supports until 64gb

DAC is a digital to analog converter, it turns all the machine language into actual sounds. The better the DAC the better the overall quality.

TLDR of it is that it's the thing that turns your digital signal from your music files into an analog signal, i.e. sound that you can perceive

A shitty DAC can introduce noise and muddy up the signal, among other things. Also Sony phones have much better DACs but you pay out the ass for them and might as well get a dedicated PMP at that point

No problem. Just peeked around for a bit and Targt are doing the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Express for $20 (+tax). Takes up to a 128GB microSD. Other stores can price match if they have a closer location to you.

In the late 1990s it became feasible to make portable, solid-state digital audio players. Most support the patented MP3 codec, but not all. Some support the patent-free audio codecs Ogg Vorbis and FLAC, and may not even support MP3-encoded files at all, precisely to avoid these patents. To call such players “MP3 players” is not only confusing, it also privileges the MP3 that we ought to reject. We suggest the terms “digital audio player,” or simply “audio player” if context permits.

As long as you format the card as FAT32 it will support 128gb

I used the term;
Portable
Media
Player

That didn't work with my 128gb shark, on both the stock firmware or the A02 1.7 firmware

thanks, i love in austria tho

alright, sorry for offending you

That's strange, I've seen a few people say they've got it to work. I guess it depends on the card

I got this combo:
gearbest.com/mp3-mp4-players/pp_110057.html
gearbest.com/memory-cards/pp_337822.html

Microsoft Zune

>no USB type C
trash

>doesn't have a smartphone
buy one

64 and 128gb use the same standard, so it works.

>usb-c

>expecting USB C on a $15 chink audio player

What for? Copying data through the port would be slow as fuck anyway because its a cheap device. Just take out the SD card.

don't want one

expecting anything less than the best

>better the DAC the better the overall quality.
In practice, the DAC isn't the main issue. It's not something that can be readily isolated, definitely not in typical use.
The usual audio deficiencies with these portables can be generally sourced back to amplifier issues, limited current or voltage, output impedance nonsense and the like.

5th gen iPod Classic with SSD

Stay in the last decade then, asshole!

i will. thank you very much

Why're you such a twat?

fuck no

Sorry it's my time of the month.

Why turn down the GOAT PMP?

quads confirm

also: I can hear the first bird of this year singing outside

youtube.com/watch?v=TiH5BsVTcyg

I'm not!
I just hate the guys that carry a phone, a mp3 player, a laptop, a fucking USB thumb drive, a camera in their back pack when they could carry a light tablet with a keyboard and sim+ bluetooth that is 1/10 the weight or less of all that junk.
Fucking moronic mules.

You're a twat.

kek

truly

you seem like the kind of dude who'd know how to fake an orgasm

if it weren't for iTunes, I'd be really tempted to try this. I really liked the click wheel iPods

Most people need it for phone stuff, killing battery for music seems silly when you need it for real stuff.

>killing battery for music
What kind of shitty phone do you have?

You don't need iTunes. You can use third party programs to sync with the stock firmware or install Rockbox and just drag and drop your music to it like pretty much every other PMP

oh god I might have to try it now.

think i'm going with the RUIZU X02
thank you all, guys

cool I guess, I did forget to mention the AMP

>buy one
Don't have the money
>why?
Don't have a job
>why?
Still studying
>why?
I don't know, that's what you're supposed to do, right?

"Media" is ambiguous. It can also be video.

what are studying ?
and how much is the student debt?

Comp. Sci
No debt at all, but the level of studying is really shitty; you know, just 3rd world things.

Hello Pajeet!

this thread is gold

I'm not indian yo.

1st gen Moto E has one of the best DACs available, no one knows why Motorola did this but its true
They should be pretty cheap by now

looks neat as fuck man.

>still thinks music playback kills battery life
what decade is this?

No user, LG makes the best DAC's followed closely by LG. Sony phones haven't had a good DAC since the xperia z3

I've been looking for one as well and one problem that I'm running into is that the cheaper players seem to be unable to remember your spot in audiobooks.
Is this an unreasonable feature to expect on a budget?

Those nobrand chink players suck. See if you can find a Philips Gogear, it definitely starts playing from where you stopped, I can confirm.