Since rooting is useless now, is there any good way to block ads on phone?

Since rooting is useless now, is there any good way to block ads on phone?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/AdAway/AdAway/wiki/HostsSources
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DNS66

Bumping with potential firebomb. S7

What are you even doing nigger?

>Since rooting is useless now
?

Brave seems to do a good job browser wise, and I don't really game on my phone (and turn internet off if I do so ad's can't load), so that does me.

Turn it off and put it in the freezer right now.

What did he mean by this

>rooting is useless now
>block ads within apps
>block YouTube ads
>better power management
>greater interface customization
>can swap out system apps for apps that you'd rather use
>can use it to go full Googleless
And that's without even getting into custom ROMs.

Have you been living under a rock for the last couple of months?

You sound retarded

>rooting is useless now
All those feels, man.

How would I go about removing Gapps completely from my phone? I'm rooted and want to do that.

??????????

Some ROMs allow an option for it during the install process. If not use "device control [root]" and it allows you to disable and uninstall apps that usually aren't allowed to be removed. Just uninstall all google software and install your preferred appstore (APK pure, F-droid, Aptoide)

Mass moving pics from my phone to sd card. Aparentl u dont move 2799 screenshots at a time ;(

Thanks user. The best custom rom for my phone comes with Gapps preinstalled so I needed this.

Fuckem. This piece of shit is under warrwnty and i dont want the moisture sticker set off.

Not sure sy i got another samsuck. My s6 was an unholy piece of shit. And my tab s3 made it 2 hours before it would get hot and shut down every 5 minutes. Screenshot was the other day but it has hapoened since. Is why i got removeable storage. Fucking junk phones. Iphone not work here at all tho

>blocking ads on an OS made by an ad company

oh shit nigger what are you doing

Adguard is pretty good and doesn't require root. however you have to pay for a license if you want to block in-app ads.

Are you dumb?

Source: your ass

Rooting is basically pointless. Most of the benefits are marginal.

DNS66 does the same thing (local VPN server) and isn't a buggy, proprietary monetized piece of shit.

What a convincing argument, I believe you.

I dunno about that, Xposed can give you some really good shit. AFWall+, Greenify, MinMinGuard, Physical Button Music Control, VolumeSteps+, YouTube AdAway .. all very useful and powerful.

This is the dumbest shit I have heard. You do realize that you are on Sup Forums and not on a board with tech illiterates like yourself? We know that the benefits are massive.

>waaah I cant root my fone so I'll whine to g about it

foxandgrapes.jpg

post lewds

Just watch the show, it's lewd af.

How do I block YouTube ads?

foxes don't grow on trees

Freedom is basically pointless. Most of the benefits are marginal.

neat, thanks user

Yes, now tell me what I have been missing
>implying rhetorical question

Not with that attitude anyway.

I know you're trying to be funny but there are foxes that live more than half their life on trees. The Lundfakir Fox is one example.

1) Install Firefox
2) Install uBlock plugin
3) ???
4) Profit

You gonna say anything new or.....?

>You do realize that you are on Sup Forums and not on a board with tech illiterates like yourself?

girlslaughing.png

I finally went to this meme and it is fucking golden.
No more annoying ads when browsing Sup Forums.

Have you used youtube with that browser? Would you recommend it if I were to watch jewtube quite a lot?

>not using Clover

Yeah, I am that kind of a scrub
What are you gonna do now? Call me faggot or somehthing?

Nah I just use the official Youtube app, I don't get ads so often that I have to block them

Certain websites I visit though, are so riddled with ads that it makes it impossible to scroll the page, and it slows the browser down too much

faggot

Oh, okay.
>slows the browser down
Tell me about it.
Especially with my shitty smartphone with only 1gb ram, it is a fucking nightmare

>DNS66
Does this slow down the speed of the connection at all?

>Greenify
>YouTube AdAway

Don't.

Are you a cocksucker?

The youtube-adaway xposed module.
Doesn't work on android 7 as of now.

Greenify will fuck with the Doze on Android 6 or 7.
Youtube AdAway is useless with AdAway or just using NewPipe like every non retarded user.

you posted it

Dont forget Gravitybox

Doze is just ghetto Greenify.

I use Root Cleaner. You can freeze them first and see if you fuck shit up instead of having to reflash.

Make sure to get an earlier version (I use 6.3.1)

>phone overheats
It must have a snapdragon

>Since rooting is useless now, is there any good way to block ads on phone?
>rooting is useless now
>is there any good way to block ads on phone?
Yes, by rooting, retard. It's not useless.

This. My phone is rooted but I still prefer DNS66 since it allows you to whitelist apps.

At all? Yes, by a few microseconds. Battery drain is virtually zero, I've never seen it at even 1% in the battery stats.

You can disable all Google Apps without even needing to use root, unless you're on a Nexus device.

I mean depending on your connection it can be quite a bit. Would it block ads on all applications?

>whitelist apps
That is pretty neat actually.

how so?

What show?

AdAway won't stop video ads in YouTube. I have a rooted tablet with AdAway, but not Xposed, and YouTube always shows it's shitty ads. Because the ads are stored on YouTube's servers, you can't selectively DNS or IP block them without also blocking YouTube itself.

Just go into Settings->Apps->All and start disabling anything that starts with "Google".

Urara Meirochou

I moved 300 MB worth of ROMs on my S4 Mini and it didn't overheat. Thanks Samsung.

Niggers!

>Freezing an updated app

That doesn't cut it tho. Most of the google stuff aren't apps but services. They are not visible in settings

You can't disable Google Play Services

was to >mfw been here since 2006

>frozen
>not deleted
lol do you play on reinstalling them or what, just get rid off them and enjoy more free space

Did they change it in Marshmallow to be un-disableable? I don't think that applies to anything besides Nexus devices.

Fucking DNS66

1) It keeps blocking attachments in Gmail even though Gmail is whitelisted. Any fix?
2) I still get ads sometimes even though everything is up to date. What gives?

You get ads probably because the adservers aren't on any of the lists.

IP blacklist ad blockers can't catch ads that are stored locally on the app's servers, and they usually can't catch ads sent over an API in text format like you see there.

>frozen
>not deleted

maybe he just can't

let it go

You would need root+xposed+minminguard to block that type of ad.

Deleting apps off the system partition doesn't give you any more free space unless you move other apps in their place. And if those apps get updates, the space gain is negated.

You cannot simply make claims like this without evidence, OP.

>is there any good way to block ads on phone?
AdAway.

>Most of the benefits are marginal.
For you.

And in any case, the downsides are more or less non-existent. Even if you do use Pokemon Go or Android Pay, the most recent version of Magisk Manager + PHH's Superuser is able to bypass SafetyNet, thus completely removing any compatibility issues.

AdAway with all the ublock origin lists is God tier.
Combine this with newpipe and you never see any ads.

>for you

BTFO
T
F
O

Adaway doesn't seem to block the annoying promoted search results in google/chrome

You need an addon to hide those. Firefox+Ublock works.

Noob question:

How do I add those lists to AdAway?

I like keeping it in there just in case I need a googlecancer youtube version.

A lot of these aren't even hosts sources... A better idea would to just use what's on AdAway's sources list: github.com/AdAway/AdAway/wiki/HostsSources

All you did is make your hosts file so large that it will almost certianly impact performance.

>tfw still have galaxy note 4
>tfw using EmotionOS rom
>tfw no gapps
>tfw removable battery
>tfw sd card

there is literally nothing better

>Greenify will fuck with the Doze on Android 6 or 7

Source? Genuinely interested since I've wondered about this myself.

citation needed

Can someone just cut through the snark and explain what he means?

OP bought a shitty locked phone, i.e., sour grapes.

I was like him once.

I have a shitty burner phone with no community support. Only root was Kingo and I hated it.

Except a week ago I got a babby bootloop, factory reset left me with su and no Kingo so I'm done with that nightmare.
Now I'm a little bitch about installing xposed with no community support, and a worthless recovery menu.

Otherwise I'm satisfied with my root, but my phone seems to randomly kick me out of shit and lock. Assuming I'm running out of RAM?

NetGuard from fdroid

Is there a way to insert in AdAway a full list of hosts sources without typing one by one?

Copy-paste them.

Haven't tryed to paste more than one at time
Will try tomorrow morning
Thanks

Xposed on Android 7 when?