/pcbg/ - PC Building General

Post your component list, rate other anons', and ask questions in general.

Always state the purpose of your PC, your budget, AND YOUR COUNTRY if outside the USA.
If you are asking for improvements, clarify whether you want to lower price or to improve specs or build quality.

Assemble your parts list; built-in price comparisons by vendor and a compatibility filter.
pcpartpicker.com

Gaming builds based monitor resolution and refresh rate
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>To activate the Description, select build from sidebar then click on the title over the parts list
>Description contains notes, other options, and build skeleton for easy customization / cost savings
>Note: Win7 and 8.1 cannot be installed on a 200 series chipset

Have a budget, but don't know where to start? This will recommend you a parts list based on price.
logicalincrements.com/
>Subsitute a G4560 with 2400MHz RAM for any Pentium or i3; similar performance, up to 50% cost reduction.
>Consider using an i5 7500 in any RX470/480 or GTX 1060 tier build
>Consider stock fan+heatsink for any i3 or locked i5 build without a Z mobo
>Consider a B250 or mobo for any Pentium or i3 build
>Add a 240GB SSD to the "Very Good" tier build
>The only worthwhile gfx cards are the GTX1050, RX470, RX480, GTX1060 6GB

General build advice including chipset compatibility, power supply advice, Windows activation information.
pastebin.com/F9diF2hA

Information about how to assemble a PC, how to select components, etc.
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Build_a_PC

If you see any other build advice or part list threads, direct them here with

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/zD3Zjc
pcpartpicker.com/list/sXPVZ8
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128982
pcpartpicker.com/list/KMjpWX
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128847
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/WxpGtJ
pcpartpicker.com/user/oznerol10/saved/gdTP6h
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/YHLPhq
msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1080-SEA-HAWK-X.html#hero-overview
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So should I wait for zen? Was just gonna get an i5 and 1070 kind of sick of waiting.

Personally I'd say yes, because you will be able to get almost 4c / 8t i7 performance at the cost of a current i5, and with the AM4 socket you will have an insane upgrade path. Undoubtedly higher clocked models (better single core performance) will arrive for the socket and you'll be able to upgrade to a future 8c / 16t CPU if you wanted to.

Of course everyone is still waiting on gaming benchmarks, so there is a chance that Ryzen won't perform as well as hoped.

One caveat is that Ryzen doesn't have a graphics component, so troubleshooting can be more difficult and there's no fallback if your gfx card dies. The 4c / 8t Ryzen APUs might be amazing if you want that graphics component for whatever reason, like in a GNU/Linux GPU passthrough setup.

Why the fuck is my GPU so wobbly?
I didn't screw it in yet but is it normal for it to wobble?

It fitted really tight in the last mother(board)

just wait 13 more days for the first benchmarks to find out if its worth it or not.

May not be fully inserted

Screw it in then dummy.

I'm waiting for ryzen to build a pc but I stucked with a problem. I want a build that render alot and I need a setup to setup up to 10-12 displays. I think I might need to use 2-3 gpu on crossfire but Idk which setup. Is 2 rx 470 on CF can render more than 1 rx480?

What are my options?

Guys I have a problem.

The utility (asrock extreme tuner) that came with my mobo (asrock extreme 3 gen 3) reports that under load my i5 2500k temp is at like 95 Celsius. This is at stock clock too and I'm using the stock cooler. I've recently overclocked to 3.7GHz from 3.3GHz and it reads the same.

I check with speedfan and it reports around 72 Celsius instead.

What do?

pcpartpicker.com/list/zD3Zjc
what do you think?

It was already doing 3.7 boost speeds so you didn't overclock anything. The lower reading is most likely the accurate one but check in a third program like hwmonitor to be sure. If you actually want to overclock replace that stock cooler asap.

Most rendering is CPU based right? So figure out which program you're going to use and see what that program uses. For displays you don't need high power gfx cards.

It's fine, kinda weak. Unless you know the games you're playing favor Nvidia get the 4GB 470. 3GB is a bare minimum for a non esports build. If I had to build now I'd get the G4560 with an upgrade to an i7 in mind. i5s are significantly overpriced with the upcoming Ryzen release

pcpartpicker.com/list/sXPVZ8
the motherbord has chaged

No reason to get an H170. Better options than H110 are B150 or Z170.

Consider a Kaby Lake CPU with a B250+2400MHz RAM

Almost there.

Maximus VIII Z170
EVGA gtx 1080
4x4gb of DDR4 2400 RAM
Cooler master Hyper 212 evo

Not pretty, but it has a lot of room for upgrades when the money is available. Just waiting on an SSD to install my OS to and it'll be finished.

I've got a Corsair 300R case for my rig, but I lost the accessories and I need some screws for another front fan.
Anyone here know the specifics for what kinda screw this is? I see people selling 'Corsair Hydro compatible' screws but I dunno if that's just for any old corsair fan etc.
Also if I know what kinda screw it is, I can avoid getting cucked, price-wise.

>Not pretty, but it has a lot of room for upgrades when the money is available.
Not sure what you mean by this, but you're already at the top. If you're concerned about money you made a bad purchase though

>Note: Win7 and 8.1 cannot be installed on a 200 series chipset

Does that mean I can't install win7 onto this newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128982 ?

Can someone rec me a good motherboard for a 1151-socket win7 gaming mini-itx build? I want ac wifi built in, two gigabit NICs are a strong plus, and I don't need overclocking at all.

how'd i do? pcpartpicker.com/list/KMjpWX
mainly used for gaymen and occasional photoshop/vegas

There's a bit of room to grow.
>7700K
>SLI
>4x8gb RAM
>280mm liquid cooler
>NVME M.2

It's nice, but it's not quite at the top.

Just get 100 series and skylake, there's no benefit to getting 200/kaby.

Speedfan Shows you the northbridge. It can handle the heat.

Have you used speccy?

You can get a 650w power supply, otherwise it looks good.

>friendly reminder that higher clocker ram is a meme for Desktop-pc Users and should only be bought if it's the same price as lower clocked models

it's already built

>Does that mean I can't install win7 onto this
Correct. You want a 100 series chipset, like Z170.

Get 3000MHz RAM and a lower wattage PSU

No one in his right mind would "upgrade" to any of that

That's good for them.

>there's no benefit to getting 200/kaby.
Shut up, retard. Better turbo boost and better native RAM support beg to differ

If you're not gaming, yeah it's not worth it. But 2400 is almost always the same price as 2133 so why not?

If you're gaming it's definitely worth it.

Ok, is this one good then?

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128847

is there that big of a difference between 3000mhz and 2666mhz? prob gonna upgrade the ram in a few months but it's pretty comfy atm

We'll you didn't say that

When will the gtx 20 series come? I have a decent gpu for temporary use (rx 470) but I don't want to buy current generation. I want to get a gtx 2070 when it comes out hopefully this year. I might go for Vega if it is good.

Benchmarks with 1333/1600/2133/2400 Show literally no difference.
The ram will not bottleneck anything.
But I get where you're coming from.
I wouldn't cheap out on 5-10bucks difference too

How can you tell something will bottleneck?

Yes. Don't forget that you need to pair it with a Skylake CPU or get a preflashed board.

Pic related. Not worth it if you already have a large enough capacity. Upgrading RAM is pointless unless you need more because you're limited by the speed of the first kit

Wrong, see

As an example

Is theee an advice list on the programs to install on brand new system and tips for customization?

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/WxpGtJ

I've never owned an AOC monitor. How are they? They're not low quality budget are they?

It's literally the only 1080p@144Hz monitor with Gsync I can find in Australia. The price is also decent.

I'm sure you could google it and find something.

Personally I just install TinyWall as windows firewall helper and CommonSense2017 as antivirus. VLC/MPC as well

Ctrl+Shift+Esc, Startup tab, disable almost everything

>using Zbrush with a FX6300/HD 7790
Oh I want to kill myself but I don't have money for a gun.

As for Zbrush, is it heavier on the CPU side or the GPU side? I'm planning to save money and upgrade my pc with Ryzen meme but I'm not sure if I should focus more on the CPU. I also use 3Ds Max and I render, sometimes.

Can someone recommend some tall mini-itx cases?

I'm looking for something that's approximately the size and shape of an xbox, tall and skinny is great, those chode shaped cases are absolutely unacceptable to me. The goal is for the pc to fit in to an under-tv entertainment console.

So far I'm looking at the "SilverStone RAVEN RVZ01B" and "SilverStone Milo Series ML07B" . Any other cases I should be looking at?

What you want is not an ITX case, it's HTCP. Fractal Design Node 202 and SilverStone cases are pretty much all there is.

So I can buy a rx480 for games and 1 or 2 cheap rx460 for the extra monitors?

Yes if you're displaying at 1080p. If you want to duplicate the output the game on all monitors I'm not sure what you need

Get the Asus PG248Q instead. It should only be $100 more, and not as hard to find.

It has better image quality, is built better, and you can overclock to 160-180Hz.

The 10 monitors arent for gaming but for a special use like displaying 10 diffrents contents (video) simultaneously and beeing able to control them from 1 keyboard and mouse. Also for rendering videos and doing 3D rendering isnt the gpu have some parts to play?

My mobo only has 2 fan headers. I want 3 of those meme Noctua NF-A14s, plus my 2 built in case fans. Can one fan go on a high amp fan header?
pcpartpicker.com/user/oznerol10/saved/gdTP6h

B150 or H110?

is it safe to buy evga 1070s now

Do you need more than 2 ram slots and 4 sata ports?

Anybody have that old 'LED color guide' chart with the temperature differences and whatnot?

Spend less on meme fans and more on a cooler that can actually cope with that CPU. Hyper 212 is garbage.

microATX B150

Not garbage. Plenty for an Intel CPU

You can basically get a NH-D15 for the price of those 2 fans ontop of your 212 so he is right that's youre retarded.

well im thinking getting sound card

>CPU cooler = Case fans
Yeah nah
He still needs case fans in addition to the CPU cooler. Getting a better cooler does not negate the need for case fans.

You're the retarded on here. My post didn't say anything about the case fans, just that the 212 isn't garbage.

>case fans
literal meme, if you have 2 case fans which most cases come with are plenty and that cpu cooler will do way more than any case fan ever will.

>building

this

case fans are for literal autists

Update your memes

MAKE IT MARCH ALREADY !!!

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/YHLPhq

212 was never good and it isn't capable of handling even a mild overclock on kaby lake chips.
Case fans do almost nothing for temps compared to a good CPU cooler, as long as you have basic airflow as provided by the fans that come with your case, you're good.
Of course it is nice to have even better all-around cooling and those fans are a nice upgrade later on, but do not skimp on a good cooler for them.

The 212 can handle 125W easily. The fuck are you talking about?

I want a non-windowed ATX case with 240mm radiator support for less than $60. Is the 270R my best choice?

Kaby lake runs hot, you can easily get 90c under load at 4.5+ GHz with a 212.
These are facts m8. Don't know why you're trying to argue with it. It's a low end cooler and isn't up to the task.

no

Fags you say 212 evo is bad but you dont recommend shit

I already told you dumb faggot, drop the fans and get a NHD15

Best mATX case for a build that will have a 1070? Good airflow, no gaymen aesthetic.

Good cpu coolers that will fit? Cryorig h7?

Alright thanks goyim

Stop being retarded. We're all consumer cucks here.

So am I. I wasnt even the one complaining that Evo was gud

Corsair 350D
NH-D15S

Vegaaaaaaaaa whennnnnnnnnn

When you stop being an insufferable faggot.
I won't be holding my breath.

Which one?

It's not bad, in fact it's good. It's retarded however to spend over 100$ on a cooling solution and get an evo.

Cheapskate: Gigabyte Windforce OC
Memefag: MSI Gaming X
Autism: Asus TURBO AUTISM 1080

isn't there some turbo autism one with a small loop and a 120mm rad?

What do you mean? Small loop... do you mean the Seahawk?
msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1080-SEA-HAWK-X.html#hero-overview

that thing yes

Yeah.. that thing is distilled turbo autism with an extra pinch of concentrated cancer.

What do you guys think about M.2 ssd's?

/r/amd makes my sides go into orbit

>SHOULD I UPGRADE ?? 4790K + 980Ti

>Former intel fanboy here..

>Support AMD? Yes. Do you owe them anything? No.

>Redesigned the ryzen logo !!

>Found this gem in the closet...

>Just curious, why do you prefer AMD?

neat but I figured out the improvements would be minor and I already have a 1tb sata ssd so it's not really worth it. The bump from even a sata ssd to a pcie one is minor when comparing a hdd to an ssd. Most things are instant already and the things that takes 2-3 seconds will still take a second to complete so the gains are minor.

cool af and great for mini itx builds.

WHich is more reliable?

>Week or so ago
>AMD says they're going to release Windows 7 drivers for Ryzen
>Great I've been needing to upgrade
>Go ahead and order an SSD and DDR4 memory since I'm on a DDR2 (Core 2 Duo) board using a POS 5400rpm drive.
>Few days later
>AMD says that lol no, they're not actually releasing the Windows 7 drivers, Windows 10 only
JUST

So fucking move on to 10 then? Seriously do you really want to be one of "those" people?

Any ITX motherboards which can embrace NGFF M.2 MZNTE128HMGR-000SO?

I'd go the Gigabyte G1.

>Memefag

Elaborate?

>Elaborate?
>MSI

>buying parts in advance
for what purpose, prices only ever go down. Anything you buy now that you're not going to use in the immediate future is a waste of money.

okay so you're just a retard

Whenever I turn my PC off, sometimes my mouse's LED will cycle, meaning there's power to it. It's a new motherboard/CPU, and I've never changed any power settings.

I have a GIGABYTE GA-Z270-HD3, and an i5-7600K.

>prices only ever go down
No they don't look at the RAM prices, they have fucking skyrocketed.

>t. autistic kid
Welcome to Sup Forums.org and now fuck off.

A lot of motherboards provide constant power to certain usb ports so you can charge your phone or whatever on them. Check BIOS settings to turn it off if it bothers you.

Its all broken

RMA everything

shit happens nothing you can do