Speccy thread?

Speccy thread?

I built a meme box with every meme I could think of. W10, Kabylake, Dual channel memory, 32 gbs of it!( I need it mom!) Micro Atx Motherboard.... with crossfire! Raid0

I can't wait to build another one next month with GTX 1080s and Ryzen!

Hey dude

Sup

Ryzen soon.

Who ultrabook here?

Hype

>he bought a babbylake i7

You forgot the SSD (unless that's what that raid shit is)

derp?

Tried to make a laptop not shitty, shoulda just built a desktop for my vms.

I don't even wanna know how much you spent on that portable reactor.

got the base laptop for 1399, sold a 2013 macbook pro to cover a grand of it. you can do the math on a few tb of ssd and 32gb ram. Overall not too far beyond a similarly equipped desktop.

Rate my shitbox.

i5 is overclocked to 3.3Ghz.

Memory is overclocked to something higher than what's displayed here in BIOS.

>overclocked to 3.3Ghz
But the stock boost speed is 3.3GHz
So it's not overclocked at all.

>2 mid range cards
That's legitimately a very poor choice.

12/10 would terminal again.

looking to upgrade soon. not sure if i want windows 10, not sure if i want a 1060, etc....v undecided but this boy is starting to show its age.

hey guys

Pssshh, more like an averagebook

A similarly equipped desktop would be around $600-800 minus the dumbass ram

>crossfire 480's
That's not even a meme, that's just sad that you paid for those
I'm sorry.

Yes the SSDs are in the raid.

windows 10 sucks and so do 1060's get an RX480 instead.

I-it's been a while...

The meme machine

Good job not understanding how Intel's boost clock works, user.

BECCY SPREAD

I understand it perfectly, it's basically at boost speed 100% of the time under typical loads. Only stress tests will make it drop after a few minutes at full load.
Bearing in mind that overclocking non-k skylake chips gimps avx instructions to half speed he's actually reduced his overall CPU performance by settling at that speed. It can hit 4GHz+ effortlessly, if you're giving up c-states and avx at least get some tangible benefit from it.

>I understand it perfectly

No, you quite literally don't understand it at all, and your latest post is just more evidence of that fact.

WHERE ALL MY XEON NIGGAS AT

sup

Not an argument.

where can I get macos system image libre of charge?

thepiratebay

>no crt monitor
not meme enough

Highly incorrect,
Spec a desktop with a 1tb m2 ssd, 2tb ssd, 6700/7700k, and a 1070. for 6-800? btfo.

The ram is quite needed newfriend, I has pulled some vm's from my esxi server to use locally for multi-monitor support because its a huge productivity booster. Now, as unusual as it sounds, one of the vm's I've moved locally is literally a dev box, so running that as close as possible to a native system is a high priority.

>razor

>WD 1TB
>MX300
>6700k
Wow great 6700k bro I bet it pulls what like 40 watts max?
Powerrrrrrr
Also people generally don't need 48Gb of ram to use multi monitor but people generally also don't put good laptop CPUs and 1070's into foss text editors

>6700k
Flat out lying post-to-post to seek like he knows what he's talking about
that's just pathetic man

>6700k
>Is actually 2.6GHz 6700gay

So a 7700k (overclocked obviously because that's why you bought the K) is a "similar spec" to a laptop CPU?
I mean they're calling the 4.5watt passive tablet CPUs "core i7's" now, that must mean it's equal to a 7700k right

6700k is the desktop cpu I'd put in it, 6700HQ is the laptop version you ladies are triggered as fuck,

>2.6GHz
>non-hyperthreaded
>Completely gimped by power management
>Similar spec
>locked
A similar CPU would be more like a 6400, and even then it still boosts miles past the 6700HQ
I mean the 6700HQ is a great powerful laptop CPU but you're retarded to compare than to a 6700K

I don't think I compared it to a desktop cpu at any point.

>A similarly equipped desktop would be around $600-800 minus the dumbass ram

>Spec a desktop with a 1tb m2 ssd, 2tb ssd, 6700/7700k, and a 1070. for 6-800? btfo.

Maybe I should have assumed this newfriend didn't mean spec the best cpu you can get for your platform.

I am fully aware that a desktop is more powerful, rather than build a new desktop for my purpose I closed the bottlenecks I had on the laptop (disk i/o and ram)

I'm fully aware of what I'm missing out on by being laptop vs desktop.

>similarly equipped
>CPU more than twice as powerful that can also be overclocked nearly twice as fast

And on top of that, you could've just bought a brand new laptop (with the much cooler-running Kaby lake quad core laptop CPU) + ram and the MX300, and it still would stayed around $1100

>do the math
>nearly $1800 laptop
>not too far off a desktop with similar specs

Yeah, that's completely true. If I could go back I'd never have purchased a "gaming laptop", but I was doing a lot of travelling at the time.

You bought a gaymen laptop to install GNU plus Linux?

I have no regrets.

Get a Z77 motherboard and OC the shit out of the CPU. Get a RX480 or a GTX 1070.
You are now good for a good while.
Also my speccy is in pic related

>storage
>55c

temps fluctuate a lot, it's cooler then that most of the time. not a lot cooler, but still cooler. you have to keep in mind that this is a 10-year-old laptop.

Does KMSpico or some other similar tool work with these evaluation versions of Windows 10 Server/Enterprise Edition? I'm assuming you guys who have them didn't pay for them.

what's good