thume.ca/screentunes
youtube.com/watch?v=o39TiACe4mw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCollough_effect
thume.ca/screentunes/
clyp.it/ooe0c3wz
i.4cdn.org/g/1487197468403.gif
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It makes mustard gas, doesn't it?

What sound am I listening for? Is this even a real thing or just another joke post?

Reminder

this one is better

Thanks, if you save it be sure to name it "eye razors"

my eyes make more noise than my monitor when viewing these.

done

But why does it do this?

No, it's 100% serious. It's a very light buzzing sound you normally hear in old Dell TN displays.

This one is a better test but fucking HURTS to look at.

This is also a good test.

I've got an amost brand new IPS monitor, what is this?

I have a 2 monitor setup right now (which I haven't correctly found a decent placement for yet because of different ratios)

My newer one, 21:9 IPS does not produce any sound. My old ass 120hz monitor, a viewsonic vx2268wm, makes a noise that is almost fucking scary. Honestly that monitor could die at any moment and I wouldn't give too much of a fuck, but still.

Pretty sure I just went blind from looking at that. Good test though

Oh yeah, my monitor suddenly started to play 9-th symphony of Beethoven, amazing!

Do you also have an audio file that, when played, makes my speakers display an image indicating when they are about to die?

>good test
to see if you're epileptic

Oh god.
I actually hear it.

I always knew this monitor was crap, though.

Oh that would be great! Please share someone!

No noise. Using laptop.

github.com/trishume/screentunes

thume.ca/screentunes

I have an old Dell IPS from 2006 and it made some noise. Guess I'm fucked, but this thing is ancient and on the way out the door anyway.

Mr. ViewSonic VX900 has lasted 15 years as a text display, he ain't gonna go anytime soon.

My monitor has done this for as long as I can remember, and it hasn't failed yet.

In what way is this indicative of failure? This is just coil whine.

Dell U2414H, bought it in late 2015.
Makes barely audible noise.

Means ur caps are fuxxored.

It's not indicative of it failing the next year. One of my monitors kept doing this when visiting Wikipedia. That was many years ago and it still lives. Thank god I bought myself a new one though.

Oh thank god, my 17'' CRT from 2005 is safe

kek i have an old dell monitor and i hear it
rip

Only if the noise is coming from a failing capacitor. Most of the time it's completely harmless coil whine from inductor/transformers, introduced because of the resonance created by the image produced.

Starting at the middle of it and it feels like the image is tearing apart whatever is outside of it.

Stop being fucking retards. 99% of the time, hearing this noise will not mean your monitor is about it fail. It would have made the same noise if you tested it brand new.

No user, I'm sheshul.

I can hear the noise, that means I am one of the chosen people and will go on anime adventures!

Hello new wallpaper

All I hear when opening these is the fans of my ayyMD housfire card spinning at 150% but that's normal, right?

Try turning off your monitor and then open close it. You're probably just hearing noises from your HD.

I don't hear it when I open this one

But I do with this one. It's much more noticeable on my primary monitor than my secondary, though. On the secondary it's almost inaudible, but it's there.

Reminder

my eyes!!!

Fuck this, I panicked a bit when I saw the name. I'm in a job where even minor visual impairment means sick leave.

Don't blind me, bro

>The effect is remarkable for it often lasts up to three months or more.
jesus christ

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I stared at this for a minute, then googled the name. How fucked am I?

I did this and it lasted for about a year and half, I can still see a little bit of it.

That means its working as intended.

>open pic related on windows tablet
>digitizer gets random nonexistent input from the display interference
I'm not memeing

fffxasdasdsad

Reminder that if you hear a noise while watching this video you have brain problems
youtube.com/watch?v=o39TiACe4mw

Hm, nothing.
But the black space turns blue at the end for me

My monitor made a sound with this but it always has since I can remember. Is it coil whine?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCollough_effect

It's interference. Usually harmless

This makes me sick in the throat.

thume.ca/screentunes/

ok, why is it not going away? I only looked at it for like 15 seconds. should I be scared?

I hear a sound but I can definitely tell I'm just making it up. It's more like it's forcing me to imagine sounds more than a hallucinatory effect.

Looking at it for that short of a time is fine. Just give it 10 to 30 minutes or so.

The longer you look at it, the worse and longer it'll last. Looking at it for 10 minutes can make the effect last even up to a year. It's insane. Don't do it.

bzzz-bzzz-bzzz
bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
nothing

can you please post a vocaroo of it
I wanna hear what it sounds like

a clyp.it would be better because higher quality but whatever you want will do

Tilting my head while looking at the black and white image is trippy.

I opened this pic on my phone and it's making a weird hissing noise... What do? Galaxy Note 7 btw

Mic broke a few days ago, something fell on it while plugged in, snapped the male jack.

:(

OK I'm having the same high pitched noise coming from my Thinkpad t410 and I recorded it:

first there's no noise, then I'll hit click and make the pic bigger and you'll hear it. then I'll hit click and make the pic smaller, then click again and you'll hear it again. I think a headphone would work well to seriously hear it.

there you go: clyp.it/ooe0c3wz

i looked at it for almost 2 minutes and i don't think anything happened
what am i doing wrong
it's not because i am red-green colourblind, is it?

>it's not because i am red-green colourblind, is it?
Yes it is. You're seeing both colors as brown so it obviously can't have an effect on you. Try an image in which one of the colors is blue to see the effect

wget i.4cdn.org/g/1487197468403.gif

It just sticks in your head for a couple minutes mate, it's not like you're going to go blind from an image.

If you could, you would've seen it spammed here by now.

>Look at it for 3 minutes
>Nothing happens

So my eyes are fucked?

Huzzah! I, too, hear the noise and will be joining you on the waifu quest!

>snapped the male jack
damn son

It sounds like coil whine.

Sound, noise changes between maximized and restored
No sound
No sound>
>58962784
Sound but only with red
sound only when maximized

This has nothing to do with monitor lifespan.
I have two exact model Acer monitors only a few months old and they both buzz under the same circumstances.

can confirm i have a old dell and it does make the noise
but my benq is working just fine

holy shit

Are you psychotic?

Is it normal for my eyes to water?

No. You're having a small seizure. Go to a doctor.

Daily reminder

same here
my ears also started ringing
just fuck my neurons up senpai

>open this up on phone
>double tap to zoom in
Blowing my mind here family

2005 NEC 1970NX 19" makes whining noise

I'm sad I don't have any CRT around to test it with.

FUCK

I CANT STOP SEEING LINES
WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME

>tfw this thread prompts you to check the age of your monitor and it turns out to be years older than you expected