Other urls found in this thread:

a.co/5vQii8n
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Got new PSU and redone cables today.
Pretty happy with it.

never turn it on.

looks good
Spare parts build

waiting on new psu, pci slot covers and hdd. Going to remove 2.5" cage and get a gpu support as well

The rgb leds are absolutely crucial to my PC's performance

take a picture with camera that costs more than your pc

Whats the secret to making your builds look good. My build currently is super messy with the ultra rogue m925. Anyone have any tips on how to clean up cable management in general and with this case?

Dusted my boy two days ago. Feels good.

Romantic guts my dude
Loving the color
Use the cable management holes my dude

what card are you planning on getting user?

Im hoping for 1070 if i get a summer job i planned.

I wish my drive cages were removable.

Anything is removable if you try hard enough

Mobo power supply cable is a rainbow of colors, while everything else in my case is black. Can I just put eletrical tape over it, without any problems?

Yes, but it will probably leave sticky mess if you need to remove the tape.

ill clean and take better pic soon - me for the last like 12 threads

> tfw Noctua heatsink covers the whole mobo.

case looks really empty with the HDDs installed on the back.

Is that the D15S?

NH-D15

that's because the Define Nano S was built with reservoir and pump mounting in mind

Should have got a Define C

sorry didn't mean to reply to
[spoiler]Nice though[/spoiler]

nah,
I wanted to go mITX for a while,
good thing I can put a Noctua fan in a case this small.

>12GiB of RAM
SENSIBLE
E
N
S
I
B
L
E

>BRRRRAAAAAAAAPPPPP-PPT-PT-PT

I did this when my triple fan GPU didn't fit in my case when i was first building a PC, and didn't want to pay for a case at the time. Ended up using it for half a year

1. Have computer stuff
2. Buy mostly unnecessary shit JUST to make it look nice to internet people
3. Upload the same image every single time because your side cover hasn't come undone since you spent a whole day managing cables that amount to 0% gain in performance.

>tfw no mITX AM4 motherboards at launch

Not sure if I have the patience to wait for them to become available.

HAF 912? I got this one too.

Dunno why picture didnt uploaded.

>why should i clean my car when it provides a 0% gain in performance

Plus they're cool to have showing off in your room

Yup same mobo and case since 2012. Covers came in.

I'm going with the asrock 350 m-atx and probably the 1700 octa, but I'll have to wait and see how affected w7 users are gonne be regarding the no drivers issue..
I do find it kind of strange that no itx boards has been announced yet..

Good 'ole 1.gen bro :3
You should get some cheap WC parts used and make that xeon fly on 4.4ghz like we talked about ;)
I'm currently on 1156 until I get Zen.. If that aint workin with W7, Im really tempted to get some 1366 board once again with a x5650!

im planning on moving to a new case soon so that could be on the cards, or a decent AIO as im a lazy bastard. I saw someone go from a H50 on a 930 1.4v to a Swiftech H220 and load temps dropped from 88c to 57c which. At 4.4 1.45v I was throttling and shutting down with IBT but if I could get the temps under control I could probably get a solid 4.5.

I've been thinking of picking up 24GB of ECC memory as I've seen people running it with Xeon/X58 boards plus the price of 24GB ECC is roughly similar to what I could sell my 12GB current RAM for. Slightly lower speed (1333mhz vs 1600mhz) but I feel double the capacity would make up for it. Slightly overkill but hey I'd only have to chuck in a tenner or so.

>implying a solid managed modular PSU setup wont result in lower temps and better airflow vs a shitty non modular mustard and ketchup shitfuck spaghetti mess dangling there

I've always liked your PC. How much did it cost?

ASUS GPUs.

MSI bridge.

What case is that?

It looks nice and fairly compact inside, and it also has a vertical PCI slot? (Which you're not using, and instead sucking hot air off your GPU to feed through the CPU heatsink)

Also replace your PSU and manage your cables better, ty.

Here's my guts. What do you guys think?

I'm not sure what the point whould be in sacrificing performance (mostly by limiting base clock options that low ram speed) for more ram when you already have 12gb, do you really need more?
If so, why don't you just add another 12gb set?
I'm not sure, but I think ECC is lower performance than normal also on the same speed..
The H220 I've heard is decent too :)

The case is a Cooler master HAF 922 if I remember correctly. It is well designed, pretty compact but still has all the nice features of the bigger HAF models. Very good air flow also.

It has a vertical exp slot, but only a single and my card is dual. As you see the overclock I have is laughably low, so the cpu cooler getting any hot air is not a problem. Anyway this is a temporary setup (until zen), my normal case is a much smaller fractal m-atx with watercooling on the gpu and cpu. Pic related.

Why replace my psu? They got fairly good reviews, and I got it for the price of a v750.
Psu prices here in Norway is fucking insane nowadays so its a no-go nonetheless.

And no, I won't manage my cables :)
MAYBE when I get zen.

Did a split build. All my heat and sound producing components are on the other side of the wall

>this guy

Just installed my new Case and CPU cooler yesterday
Took like 4 hours
looks really neat with the tempered glass but i used flash to show guts

>Why replace my psu? They got fairly good reviews, and I got it for the price of a v750.
Because you have a 1000W PSU that you're only drawing like 150watts from at load, and like 40watts at idle, so it's probably like 85% efficient at load and like 65% at idle.

You don't want your PSU capacity to be much more than double your load draw.

Is that a p400 case?

>so it's probably like 85% efficient at load and like 65% at idle.
Why in gods name of fuck whould I care about that? I live in Norway, its cold as shit here

>You don't want your PSU capacity to be much more than double your load draw.
So what if I decide to get some AMD cards in crossfire and oc it all to hell, I whould feel pretty stupid with a 300w titanium psu, now whouldn't I?

I run mine through my local car wash weekly. Works great.

That is just precious. Where can I find one like it?
pic related

Kek.

Well it's not like I "need" 24GB but some future proofing (ironic as I'm on LGA1366) would be solid and it's nice to have. A 12GB set of standard RAM would be costly as opposed to ECC memory which I can buy for nearly the same price as selling my current kit for. I looked up a few benchmarks and 1333 ECC vs 1600 standard is a margin of 1-2% which I could live with plus I've seen some people getting tiny marginal OC's up to 1600 on ECC so never say never :P

Tried to take better photo and ended up taking a worse one but I'll sort that and the awful bundle of cables at the bottom this weekend.

Sup

Not him. It's a maneki neko cat. I'm sure you can find it somewhere.

>not using dual channel
what the fuck is wrong with you

>three modules
>dual channel

Yes, moron

Why would you not get a 4th stick to begin with so you can run them dual channel? Why would you have 4 to begin with?

That's some shit system planning, ending up with 3 sticks of the same type.

3 sticks in dual channel would revert to single channel. The 4th stick was incompatible with i7 920 due to some strange X58 error I never solved (pretty sure it was to do with the imc on the 920), triple channel has worked fine ever since and the difference between dual/triple channel is marginal at best.

RMA it

The stick or the chip? I sold the chip when I got the 920 and gave the stick away as I didn't need it plus I don't think I could RMA 5/6 year old RAM.

*I meant got the x5650, too tired.

Are you niggers trolling or what?

Triple channel is the way to go on 1366, with only dual channel you lose bandwith.

Nice SSDs and PSU.
Shame about the uggo cheapshit cooler tho.

The GAEX58UD5 supposedly supports 4 sticks in triple channel but I never got that to work with the 920.

You whould probably have to loosen the timings a good deal, and there may be some specific settings other than that also.. My guess is vtt whould need to be very high too.

I whould just drop messing with the ram that much, really.. If 12gb is enough (probaably gonna last you for years unless you do some really ram demanding stuff)
The benefit of having 24gb when 12gb is enough, is zero. Also remember it stresses the imc more, and you may need more vtt which makes the cpu run hotter.

If I wanted to do something ram-wise on your rig, I'd read up on how those sticks you got overclocks and then try it out. Or get a faster 12gb set and sell you current (tho not really worth it)

original

>212 with Corsair static pressure fans
mah nigga
That was my setup before I got my Cryorig R1 ultimate with the dual Noctua 3000RPM fans.

Plex mini-server

Case?

Love the color scheme

Cable Management and Color Coordination is Key user! Here the Other Pic I Usually Post.
Believe me , it take time and patience , my setup use to be way different! A Good Camera Can help Obviously but also show dust and stain. This guts was my inspiration and we happen to have a similar case : also this was taken with a Nikon D3000.
Way cheaper!

What case you you recommend for a nice sleek build? Im looking into the s340 or 400C

I almost got a define c but i went instead for the Cooler Master mastercase pro 3. I regret it a little bit but at the same time still really like the CoolerMaster.

Corsair 350D

Why is your gpu on the bottom pci lane?

A Sentry itx case?

That's pretty much the smallest and slimmest that you can game on.

But I'm looking at going from a Corsair 500R to a Micro-ATX case. Maybe a PC-06.

I want something slim where I can mount a custom 250-400mm radiator and fan on the back side of it as the only fan in the whole system.

Wouldnt you need a water cooling system for small builds? I dont want to put water anywhere near my pc. I dont want to switch my Hyper 212 evo because im happy with it

I was going to use some refrigerant passively without a pump. I want something almost completely silent without the size and weight of something completely passive.

But air cooled Sentry or PC-05 cases are perfectly fine. Yeah they'll have higher temps under load, but they still cool low enough for stock clocks of most hardware.

>Want to photograph my build
>Don't want to be the autist in the dorm lounge taking pictures of their computer

same here

ayyyy enthoo bro I always liked your guts because I thought it was cool how similar ours were. How are you liking the strix card?

>black clc
>reversed psu
>exhaust bottom fan

It's college man just do it you'll literally never see those people again
Wear a turban and make it suspicious

My man

Thanks! I built it up over a few months in 2015 and never fully priced out the final form. Maybe $2500. I forget.

Bottom fan is intake and helps cool the HDD stack along with the front fans. Power supply is fully passive and never spins up even under max system load, so its fan direction is inconsequential.

I wear Nike socks with my Yeezys too. (I don't wear Yeezys)

Bought it locally, but found it for you at a.co/5vQii8n

What case is this? looks neat and not too large

Silverstone FT05

It's a water cooling case I think. Define nano S, it looks like.

But you should not be using it for air cooling like is because the heat pipes won't distribute over the heat sink correctly at that orientation.
GPU heatpipes are pretty much always orientated for the GPU to either be facing down, or slotted down in a PCI slot.
When you're using a waterblock, orientation doesn't matter like that.

It's and FT05.

its one of the silverstone raven cases
They're designed to have the air come up from the bottom of the case and exhaust out the top to take advantage of convection cooling, and they're some of the nicest cases for aircooling for a lot of reasons
heatpipe efficiency or not, i bet this user's rig is quieter and cooler than 95% of the other air cooling rigs on here

Following convection is kind of a meme. It leaves the top open for dust and having all the I/O out the top is stupid.

its not the convection its the unobstructed airflow and the short distance it has to travel, coupled with 2 relatively large (180mm), high performance fans
its a really nice product, albeit a bit niche

New case is here. Test fitting parts. That's an E-ATX board in there. Look at all the room for activities.

Dust in the power supply caught fire earlier this week, so i'm swapping out the PSU for something like a AX1500i so I don't need dual PSUs anymore.

Keep it clean so you don't kill it again.

I've removed it and blown all the dust out of it, and it seems okay. I still wouldn't reinstall it though, and maybe use it on something less power-usage heavy.
8 years of almost 24/7 use with little to no maintenance is rather impressive though, especially since it was run almost at it's full capacity the whole time.

nice are flow

If it legitimately caught fire, I would just throw it out. I had an Intel SSD catch fire in a build right by the SATA connector once. Not sure if it was the SSD or the PSU, but either way it affected the entire build basically.

It killed the motherboard, the SSD, the PSU, a different drive, and though the GPU still runs it has random crashes at times. The only part I don't know if survived or not was the CPU.