>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2/167-2938000-3163850?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=magicforce
ebay.com/itm/Vortex-104-White-PBT-Doubleshot-Translucent-Backlit-Cherry-MX-Keycap-Keyset-/272502055877?hash=item3f726363c5:g:NK4AAOSw~oFXHlFH
youtube.com/watch?v=fDoh2ktSGuk
daskeyboard.com/daskeyboard-4-professional-for-mac/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mechanical keyboards seem like a meme, they feel the same as membrane keyboards but appeal to an autistic niche.

You can do better bait the that. I even gave you the perfect opportunity by posting an HHKB.
1/10 see me when this thread 404s

Idk what switch to get

get zealios or mod switches if you want to pretend like you're going to spend less

the most expensive one obviously. Haven't you heard the higher the price the better it is

this obv

I am falling for both the premium abs meme and the pre yellowed keys meme and none of you can stop me.

I really can't.

At least I can resell them for a small profit if they look awful in person.

It would be a very small profit. Carbon barely sold 1000 units and people are reselling them for like 130-150 bucks. Plum looks like its going to surpass that so I'd expect alt east a year before you can make a descent amount of money back, plus there have been times before when the chinks bought like 500 sets and the kept them just to resell them on taobao.

Shitty colour scheme tbqh

What do you do?

Make a custom buckling spring over Topre board.

I think it looks better without the red, personally.

I like it.
You might be right. I might just use the red escape as an accent. But I think the 3 colors compliment each other nicely.

Scored this old stock bigfoot
Did I do good?

I guess so. They usually sell on ebay for $40 or you can get them from electronic recyclers for like $20

just got my first mechanical keyboard
WASD CODE mx green

heard the keycaps suck though
what keycaps should I replace them with?

some cheap $30 Tai-Hao set

Vortex double shot pbt.

>Budget
$40 or less ( cheap fuck )

>Location (continent at least)
United States

>Preferred switch type
Blues / super clicky

>Layout
No preference

>Form factor
60%

>Backlight
No preference

magicforce is $40 on amazon
amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2/167-2938000-3163850?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=magicforce

>Budget
$150-200
>Location (continent at least)
Tejas
>Preferred switch type
I'm leaning towards Clears but having not tried any so I'm not super confident in that choice - see Current Keyboard response
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
Could do 100 or 80% w/ arrows but leaning towards the latter. The numpad is nice but I don't use it often enough to miss it.
>Backlight
nyet
>Previous/current keyboards
SK-8115. I'm wondering how this compares to mechanical switch types - it feels like there's actuation, so is rubber dome more like tactile than linear? Also with weight - a quick search tells me that rubber domes tend to feel heavier, so would I feel more at home with Clears than Browns?
I think I'd prefer something that's similar to or maybe a little heavier than my current keyboard and with greater tactile response.

Should also note that I don't want clicky switches.

>budget
under $100
>Location
United Sates
>Switch
Browns, maybe clears
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
doesnt matter, just needs dedicated volume buttons, no fn shit
>Backlight
doesnt matter, only if the keyboard stays within budget and still has dedicated volume buttons
>Previous/Current
currently using an old emachines rubber dome keyboard, had a logitech g510, had a razer blackwidow but 4 of the chink shit switches chattered like crazy from day 1

I'm thinking either Ducky Zero ($79) or Logitech Orion G610 ($86 on sale right now). leaning more towards the orion cuz it's on sale and has my beloved volume wheel but i'm not yet sure if logitech's mechanical keyboards are any good

The Anne pro is pretty cute.

Ur cute

then clears would be the perfect switch for you. There are heavier switches like tactile greys, but those are only found on a limited selection of keyboards. I'd say go for a WASD TKL with clears

y-you too

Who else put their name down for one of these bad boys?
Managed to get into the second round of stock for Cherry Blues / Black case.

Would have put in a pre-order on mechanicalkeyboards, but their intl. shipping and warranty are horrible. Got it cheaper, and shipped intl. on Massdrop.

I was in the last thread...

All keys on my Model M seem to be working, but the Scroll Lock LED doesn't light up...

Is this common? Is it a LED issue?

First Model M user here.

neither get a Ducky One since that comes with Ducky macros V2 which allows you set media keys without having to use FN. By default there are dedicated volume keys above the number pad, plus the build quality is a massive step up above logitech. If you can get the G610 for under 70 bucks then go for it

First of all is the LED broken?

I live in the US so I just pre ordered it off mechanicalkeyboards, do you think they'll ship on time? I'm worried I'm going to be waiting months for it to arrive even though it says it's supposed to come in stock this month.

They should do.
If Massdrop could double down on their stock literally within hours of selling out, mechanicalkeyboards should get their reserved stock and more.

is the ducky zero a downgrade in quality from the one?

Are you in a program that actually uses scroll lock? The scroll lock key on my Leopold does not turn on if I press it while on the desktop.

Its a cheaper version with an uglier case, less features and lower build quality. There is nothing wrong with it, but now that I looked I realized that they raised their prices. It used to be under 100, but only the older stock is still at that price, all of the newer ones are more expnsive, except for the game boy color looking ones, those are still at $99

Somebody did a run of gmk Cherry keys.
No red on white key.
$35 shipped.
I want some cherry logo keys but fuck that is expensive for what you get.

>finally get my first cherry red keyboard
>the space bar is feather light

stick a black in it

let's split! what do you guys think?

nice ortholinear

ebay.com/itm/Vortex-104-White-PBT-Doubleshot-Translucent-Backlit-Cherry-MX-Keycap-Keyset-/272502055877?hash=item3f726363c5:g:NK4AAOSw~oFXHlFH

Can someone confirm that these are most definitely the same PBT backlit keycaps Vortex sells on their site?

I created an account on their main site, and you can choose quantity, but there's no "add to cart" button...

Looking to sell my pok3r with browns. It will come with the Royal Navy key caps, Gateron Blank PBTs and Tai Hao Beige Alert. Pic realted, it's the keyboard with the Tai Hao's on. Oh and it's also got O-rings.

price?

At the moment I will sell the pok3r with the Tai Hao's for £80. +£20 if you want it to come with the Gateron Blanks. +£15 if you want the coiled cable. +£60 if you want the Royal Navies.

Oh and it'll come with a wire key cap puller and normal cable.

>tfw I'm a burger
well shit, maybe you can find another euro to sell it to

Bugger! Stay strong. Only 4 years then you are free again.

I just want a HHKB clone with gateron mx browns.

Just re-solder m8 it's not that hard

>MX HHKB

Is it possible on a topre board?

pls do not bully me ty

Well obviously you're going to need a HHKB clone board. Of which there are plenty.

HHKB arrived today. Holy shit it's small. Anyways this feels really nice, almost like a piano key.

Oi! Piss off Britbong. I swear on me mum ill come over there and kick your ass to Birmingham you soft cunt.

Anyone tried out the Ducky Shine 6? $160 seems pretty steep

Nah sod off you Willy wonka before I smack you in your boat race!

I decided to just go for a Leopold FC660M. Close enough, thank you everyone.

I've never seen so many Brobots on eBay. Is the bubble for tiny pieces of plastic finally popping?

ARE BROWN SWITCHES RED SWITCHES WITH A BUMP

Not much of a bump. More like reds with dirt in them

Memes.
Brown's with o rings are great!

SO THEY'RE NO HEAVIER?
WHAT'S A SLIGHTLY HEAVIER SWITCH

Should have gone for the 660C.

Browns are heavier than reds. They just don't have much of a tactile bump. If you want heavier linear switches get blacks.

CAN YOU STILL DOUBLE TAP LIKE REDS?

Yes browns are fine for rapid taping.
Reds 40g of force
Browns 45g
Blacks are i think 60

I JUST CHECKED THE WEBSITE AND THEY PUSHED MY ORDER FROM FEBRUARY 1ST-MARCH 1ST TO MARCH 15TH-MARCH 31ST. I'M REFUNDING THIS SHIT.

I would just get another HHKB instead if I was going to do that user.

You could build something like this.
youtube.com/watch?v=fDoh2ktSGuk

Oh well if you put it that way you probably made the right decision.

Sorry I ended up falling asleep last night, I'll install Open Office and test the spreadsheet program.

I'm going to assume, right off the bat, that it's an LED issue, due to the fact, that when I initially boot my computer, Only the NUM AND CAPS blink.

Get a GH60 moron

Finally got around to replacing the Cherry Reds on my ol' trusty keyboard with MOD-H switches.

I scratched up that mounting plate real good.

Looking good user.

Are transparent MX keycaps a thing? I love the way these ones switches look.

yes.

Yeah the chinks make some for cheap

uh

why are some installed sideways?

That's how some of them solder points were. I didn't question it.

Does anyone have a recommendation of a premium feeling keyboard, down to the materials too? I'd love some type of metal keyboard (not metal keys, but the base)

I think of buying a blank keycap-set. Pic related is just inspiration.

What's /mkg/'s experience with blank keycaps? I think regular typing should be fine but i'm afraid that it will bother me to no end when i have to use certain symbols like / , { , & that i usually don't need often (i'm not a programmer).

Uniqey maybe.
I'm pretty sure they come with GMK keycaps.

Go to geekhack, I'm sure they can recommend you a $500-$1000 all metal cnc milled korean custom keyboard.

>PCB mount
yeah no

besides you can get old cherry keycaps for like 15-30 bucks on places like ebay, deskthority, and even craigslist if you choose to salvage them from old cherry keyboards

>What's /mkg/'s experience with blank keycaps?
I use them on both my home and work keyboards. It's not uncommon for me to make mistakes, especially on the top-right with y to o and 8 to =. However, I make fewer mistakes now than I did starting out with blanks last year.

I actually started out with the Ducky PBT set with unfilled, lasered legends, which look blank at a distance.

Thanks for your answer. I guess i'll just give it a try.

Yeah these were pricey, I actually signed up to be in this but I missed the invoice and didn't pay.

GMK doesn't like small orders I guess

Just got a das keyboard with the volume knob featuring blue switches for $120 new. Did I do good?

no. with every new das keyboard the quality decreases, but the price stays the same. The new ones have chink shit switches and cheap laser etched abs. It used to be pad printed so it's a step up I guess, but the quality is still garbage.

das 4 pro (what user described) still uses real cherry, the 4c and their gamer trash subline is when they switched to chink

no the das 4 also uses them

do you want me to get the disassembled das 4 pro off my floor and take a close up photo of the cherry logo on the switches

Thank you your input was making me worried.

I am more just excited about how I can order keycaps and don't have to worry about fucking weird keycap sizes. I'll eventually invest into a nice set of PBT keys when something worthwhile comes around on massdrop, but i'll be coasting with the stock keys for a bit.

they do user and its a fact
daskeyboard.com/daskeyboard-4-professional-for-mac/

$120 is still to much since you could have gotten cheaper keyboards with better build quality and more features and still have dedicated volume keys

Ok, so they use Greetech for the 4C, their Gamer Trash, and the Mac version of the 4. So as long as he got the standard edition, he still got real Cherry.