Why can't computers look as good as Hi-Fi equipment?

Why can't computers look as good as Hi-Fi equipment?

Other urls found in this thread:

cultofmac.com/188753/the-braun-products-that-inspired-apples-iconic-designs-gallery/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

cooling requirements like pic related.

Surely it must not be impossible to design a slim minimal case with good cooling?

Something like this pic, sure

That's what I am talking about.

Apple designa are based on braun designs, your argument is invalid, also apple is shit

Professional computers still look good

>USB Type-A connectors

What fucking year is Dell living in?

>Hi-Fi equipment
Yet another thing we can't talk about on this board because underage that flood this place assume any high quality gear is audio snake oil.

Because all these devices are designed to:
A. Last a few decads, not be disposable.
B. Be physically interacted with on a daily basis. pushing buttons, observing displays, inputting physical media, etc
C. Cant really justify spending a lot of money aesthetics that is gonna be obsolete in 5 years.

Real High-end gear is fine
Audiophile bullshit like $40.000 CD players and """special""" cables are ridiculed though for a reason

So what you're asking is, who makes a computer case that looks like a Hi-Fi stereo?

None of these are exactly new. My old school had a few Dells like the one on the far left from maybe 2014 before Type-c was even a thought

You call that a touchpad, fám? Get the fuck out of here with your junk

>t. applelcuck who can't use a touchpad under 6"

Why not?

it hardly doesn't though.. there are cases which look like a big amp.

look up inwin and bitfenix if you wanna see cool cases

From looking at it it already one-ups most thinkpad touchpads. its not fucking textured

check out Fractal Node series

if you need it smaller, get a NUC

Why the fuck is a razor company making audio equipment?

>textured touchpad
I had to scratch that crap off of the touchpad of my W520. Werks pretty great now but I'd prefer a replacement sticker that's like the touchpad of the T60.

because real gamers go buy it

I wish that they would make more well-designed mature PC cases that look like Hi-Fi gear. However, most PC enthusiasts are autist gamers who like LED's and cases that look like Transformers or something that was drawn by a 8 year-old boy.

>Braun
>a razor company

For real, you actually think this? You don't know much.

Does Dieter Rams sound familiar to you?

that's irrelevant to the outer shell design. fuck off.

>search Braun
>first result is their electric razors
I knew they used to do electronics, but I figured they're mainly razors now.
Good design though.

Well, yeah, unfortunately they stopped doing quality designed electronics and just do razors and small kitchen appliances as far as I remember. But if you really like the design, please check out Dieter Rams more. He really knew what he was doing.

They don't make it because it wouldn't sell. People no longer want well-built, well-designed things with classic looks. They want cheap, garish, flashy plastic garbage that will last just long enough that they can throw it out when the next hot trend comes around. Normies are simple, stupid, easily-manipulated, and have poor taste.

what about this OP?

Because there's more money in selling flashy shit to gamers.

and this

B-but, they do...

cultofmac.com/188753/the-braun-products-that-inspired-apples-iconic-designs-gallery/

>thin sliver of cheap metal over cheap plastic frame
>exposed shitty cheap plastic bezel
>generally cheaply built out of crappy materials with awful tolerances and no effort put into design

Its shit. Less shit than most ricey gaymer gear, but still pretty shit.

I would be all about these if I could fit a full sized GPU in them

le sigh

>a slim minimal case with good cooling?
you mean a laptop or tablet?

This is better, but there still isn't really any design or craftsmanship or quality to it. It is just a simple black box. A step in the right direction though.

>>thin sliver of cheap metal over cheap plastic frame
More like sheet of metal on top of plastic body, on top of metal frame. It's strong enough to set a monitor on top if you wanted to.
>>exposed shitty cheap plastic bezel
Eh, it works
>>generally cheaply built out of crappy materials with awful tolerances and no effort put into design
It's not that bad. It's also not that expensive if you don't get the power supply. Which you shouldn't, because the included one is kinda crap and doesn't even have a 0 RPM fan mode at low load.

Like this?

What's the best set of speakers under $300 for listening to records?

jbl lsr 305

These look cool.

If I could get these cases with out the logo I would be so happy. It's not just the Dells either, all of the big OEM's workstation cases are a tier above the DIY case market. I've been shopping for a case because I bought mine 7 years ago when I was 17 and my tastes have changed plus it's falling apart. Nothing that really strikes me is for sale right now.

Pity they're super difficult to get in the US. They were only sold in Japan.

stop being obsessed over the computer being a visual centerpiece
why do you need the computer located in the same room as everything else?

it is a single button device, and many motherboards support boot on keyboard button press, mouse click, or even wake on lan
the singular reason to not have 20 feet of cables routed to a different room of the house, where the computer can throw out all of its heat and be as noisy as it wants, is because you're too fucking poor to be able to put the holes in the wall/floor due to being in a poor person rental unit in a poor person location

I like this a lot.

a FUCKING

TRASH

CAN

this
Normies have shit tastes.

>tfw there will never be a big enough market for actual good looking PCs because of normies

>Show my normie brother some of the really good looking hardware in this thread
>"Those all look old, lol. No one wants those"

A lot of rackmount 90s network gear doesn't look that different from op pic

over the years I've come to appreciate Dell's branding, it's not really all that bad and not necessarily a pleb marquis either

He said professional.

This is the closest I can find to fitting the bill. If I had access to some metal and woodworking tools I'd make a similar form factor case with a real wood veneer on the top and sides and a proper brushed aluminium facia. Would love to make a basic little USB-based board and put some programmable knobs on the front to match my other silver faced audio stuff.

Often Multi Phone systems and printers got a a-type as backup if the Lan side fails.
For older companies who have definitely still laying a a to a type cable laying around, it's quite convenient.

Oops forgot my picture

Because the people want transformers styled crap with flashy rgb led that can light up the whole house. People rip that shit right of the store shelfs because they feel they need that shit.

It's like riced 2004 shit box cars, just with technology.