I overheard some normies in class talking about the "deep web"

I overheard some normies in class talking about the "deep web".
One was saying that it's like 100 times bigger then the normal web, and what we know as the web is only the tip of the ice berg.
Is this true?

I've used Tor before and I don't see how there can be so much content when it's so fucking slow.

Other urls found in this thread:

weblens.org/invisible.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_web
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_web
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

In this context "deep web" means content which isn't indexed by search engines, not just content that exists on anonymous networks

the 'deep web' is a meme

Deep Web is fake. All it is is torrents, game, Skype calls, and private networks.
Anything you need to log into or is not accessible to everyone is the deep Web
> tfw once you learn about shit it becomes boring

Can we please agree to call it the darknet?

More accurate name desu. The "deep web" refers to unindexed parts of the net like your email archives.

this is an 18+ website

The Deep Web is a meme. There's nothing really there.

I call it the pedoweb.

I always thought "deep web" was seedy illegal shit like onions and so forth, and that the "darkweb/net" is supposed to be un-indexed and unreachable parts of the internet.

Sounds like op is the normie here

neural networks are a series of matrix multiplications with trivila non-linearities in between

In the sense that unindexed and restricted resources are "deep," yes. Anything with a login or not on Google's radar is part of the "deep internet."

Dark internets are networks that are separated from the greater internet. Unutilized fiber, military networks, mesh networks, etc. are all dark internets.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. The terms invisible web, hidden web, and deep web all refer to the same thing: a massive storehouse of online data that regular search engines don't capture. That's because terabytes of information are buried in databases and other research resources. Searchable and accessible online but often ignored by conventional search engines, these resources exist by the thousands. Known in research circles as the deep web, invisible web, or hidden web, this buried content is an estimated 500 times larger than the surface Web, which is estimated at over eight billion pages. This mass of information represents a potent research resource, no matter what your discipline or interest. Find out below how to search the deep web and find hidden websites, and try out some deep web search engines to help you access invisible web information. Students and serious researchers may also find our collections of web directories and scholarly and academic research tools and strategies useful.

weblens.org/invisible.html

U N D E R A G E
U N
D D
E E
R R
A A
G G
E E
please stop posting here

>That's because terabytes of data are buried in databases and other research resources.
>This mass of data represents a potent research resource
FTFY

>a darknet
>the deep web
>many darknets
>one deep web

You're the one who's wrong retard.

Huh. I always thought it was kind of the opposite:

deep web = un-indexed, but you can use ordinary http/https to see it if you know the right URLs and passwords

dark web = onion/tor (and similar) used to hide the origin server, usually because it's illegal content

I got that impression from the following two articles:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_web
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_web

The "deep web" is just a bunch of private scholarly databases

Don't listen to these retards, whose only computer experience is retail at Best Buy, OP. It's the wild west underground. If you're good, you'll find traces of darker depths on Tor and Freenet.

It's difficult and expensive to build a proper Closed Shell System. I'll give you two huge tips with your closed shell system build:
(1) You must use ECC ram, if you don't it will weaken the strength of your encrypted connection significantly
(2) You must ensure that your keyboard is not a typical off the shelf one. Mechanical Keyboards are your best bet. With a mechanical keyboard, it is very easy to inspect the switches. You need to do this with every single switch. If you see PCBs, microchips, or anything to that affect use it for your main casual computer. Those are used for surveillance and have seen widespread worldwide use since 2015. The Gruenzinger Report, which used to be on the hidden wiki, had extensive details on keyboards. The real one is a 2.1 MB PDF.

Perhaps other more competent anons will chime in. However, you need to be very careful. You risk your existence when encountering men of great will. A surprisingly large portion of registered sex offenders, who "committed suicide", were actually murdered for insecurely accessing The Mariana's Web.

i heard you need to access a different mainframe to get into the deep web desu

what's the point of operating a publicly accessible but un-indexed website?

secret clubs.

very al-dente. mama mia

And underage to boot.