Duckduckgo vs ixquick vs startpage

Duckduckgo vs ixquick vs startpage

I'm looking to feed the botnet as little as possible. Gimmie the full autist answer.

Other urls found in this thread:

startpage.com/proxy/eng/help.html
startpage.com/eng/protect-privacy-qa.html?#q14
searx.me
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Qwant ?

startpage is the only real choice.
>comfy themes
>accurate searches
>doesn't perform analytics like ddg does
>fast

Doesn't it go through Google, though?

>tldr
startpage.com/proxy/eng/help.html
>long
startpage.com/eng/protect-privacy-qa.html?#q14

Duckduckgo's !Bangs are literally the best thing that has ever happened to search engines

OP here. I love them to and DDG is my primary search engine atm, but I've been hearing privacy concerns about it.

Maybe they're related to their recent partnership with Yahoo?

You'll get nothing but unsubstantiated allegations and conspiracy theories.

So, is there really nothing wrong with DuckDuckGo from an anonymity point of view?

youll see people talk about the creators past and how its connected to yahoo and bing. Its really hard to make a desicion on this search engine with all these dif talking points

>I'm looking to feed the botnet as little as possible

Leaving this mongol basket weaver botnet would be great first step.

Sorry OP, DDG is the jewnet just like google.

There's an image explaining it floating around here somewhere

ixquick, startpage, or searx.me is the way to go if you really care about privacy.

Picrelated is the same format as the duckduckgo one, ill look for it

That would be appreciated if you posted it.

You are welcome! :^)

opengo.nl

DDG doesn't have any trackers, I think people just got freaked out

searx.me

No ddg doesn't respect privacy.

STOP TRUSTING CORPORATIONS NOT TO ARCHIVE AND SELL YOUR DATA JUST BECAUSE THEY PROMISED
>STOP TRUSTING CORPORATIONS NOT TO ARCHIVE AND SELL YOUR DATA JUST BECAUSE THEY PROMISED
STOP TRUSTING CORPORATIONS NOT TO ARCHIVE AND SELL YOUR DATA JUST BECAUSE THEY PROMISED
>STOP TRUSTING CORPORATIONS NOT TO ARCHIVE AND SELL YOUR DATA JUST BECAUSE THEY PROMISED

So... which search engine should I use?

Nobody has given me a real reason why not to trust DuckDuckGo.

Nothing hosted by an american corporation. Beyond that it can not possibly make a difference no matter what they tell you. They are all equally required by law to track and hand over your data to the government and as soon as they do they are required by law to say they don't.

Well firstly, your searches aren't actually handled by a duck.
That's lie number 1.

If they can't even be honest that your searches are being handled by big racks of servers then you should just give up there.

ixquick/startpage are partly based in New York.

What about searx and opengo.nl?

Find that sometimes startpage doesn't use Google results sometimes... very annoying

Nobody has given a real reason to trust either. It's like a religion.

One question is important:
How is duck duck go making money?

How can pic related not be enough of a reason?

To add on to these opesky Jews

Before he built a reputation in the hacker community for being the solo-founder behind the unfunded search engine Duck Duck Go, Gabriel (((Weinberg))) bootstrapped NamesDatabase, an online directory which he sold for $10 million.

The Names Database is a partially defunct social network, owned and operated by Classmates.com, a wholly owned subsidiary of United Online.

An area of criticism has been the expanded license granted to the site for information entered to it upon registration.[14] However, this license is substantially similar or identical to that granted to other social networking services.[15] Additionally, the site appears to try to collect only the minimal amount of information needed to find an old friend and classmate (name, birth year, email address and high school country with optional
name) as opposed to more invasive required information like gender, zip code and birth date as found on other sites.[2]

You just can't trust (((them))) my friend

searx.me

What a horrid mess of contrived and confused reasoning. Whoever made that really isn't as clever as they think they are.