UCSB reporting in

Did you know the supreme gentleman?

>college

I'm one of the 15 white males that go here

i got accepted to CSUSB, rejected by CSULB, and waiting on CSUF's response

how fucked am i

ERC was a mistake.

Why do these always get banned?

I work at UCSB, AMA. Career employee, not a student worker.

I'm Revelle. Never even met someone from ERC to be honest.

It sucks.

UQ

i don't think any other anons go here

Lmao u a career janitor or something

Not on topic.

CNT IV; I have six people working under me. Use PeopleFinder and you can probably figure out who I am.

Give me your umail account and I'll give you a tour of the north hall data center

kek, i'm starting a griffith in 2 weeks, good luck

Howdy neighbor!

kek, major mate?

You gonna do the transfer agreement to UCSD?

Any fellow NYU fags?

hi phil

Laurentian. Please kill me

probably networks and security, I want to get into cybersecurity and become a l33t h4xor, or maybe software development. What about you?

I go to the normiest university ever.

I wanna work for the NSA or CIA

>The University of Idaho (officially abbreviated UI, locally referred to as "the U of I") is the U.S. state of Idaho's oldest public university, located in the city of Moscow

Yes, no resemblance to the Russian city except that it gets cold here too.

Also, it's pronounced Mah-skoh, not Mah-skao. People get really uppity about that.

I know you're exaggerating, but it really feels like almost everyone I see in Warren is Chinese.

CS Major at University of SJWs and Foreigners here.

Their CS program is surprisingly good despite how raging libtard everything else is.

>>Also, it's pronounced Mah-skoh, not Mah-skao. People get really uppity about that.
>Idaho

That's not true. Some of them are Korean.

From a college dropout who currently has your dream job, college degrees are shit. I'll be interviewing you one day at alphabet org of your choice and if you try to hold up your degree as a selling point I'll roast the shit out of you. Specifically for l337 h4xxing, learn assembly, learn to reverse engineer shit, stop using gnu plus linux (only speds with no job are still on that dick). That's all, please continue.

Truth. No college will teach you how to become a decent hacker, let alone give you the skills required for reverse engineering

My nigga I'm Revelle

depends on what you're majoring in

yes user, there are people in Idaho. Like 80% of the population of the school is white. It's pretty awesome. I'm from San Diego and used to spend a lot of time on UCSD campus so I know how crazy it is there.

Any Sun Devils on Sup Forums?

sup niggers

you forgot your name, marshviperX

Nice. I transferred in so I didn't have to deal with the nightmare that is their GE requirements.

that's not how this works newfriend.

college doesn't teach undergrads a lot of security, in my intro security class the most useful stuff i learned was some network stuff and buffer overflows. i'd still argue the path of least resistance is getting a cs degree while learning reverse engineering on the side, doing ctf's, etc., instead of doing some IT "cybersecurity" glorified sysadmin position until u prove ur worth. i've also noticed all of the respectable security people i talk to say that certs are useless

soup

>i've also noticed all of the respectable security people i talk to say that certs are useless
here, this is horseshit. We won't even hire anyone unless they have (at least) a CCNA/A+/Security+. Anyone on our campus right now without the latter is being forced to get one within the next 12 months.

AMA.

>tfw not good enough to make it to UC

damn nigga, I should have taken school more seriously.

friend did that and now he's doing front-end SDE (if you want to call it that) in SV, what do you guys learn?

LOL, who the fuck do you work for? Are you tech support? You just listed 3 certs no one (NO ONE) in security has. GREM? OSCP/OSCE? Security+ fucking for real bro?

JavaScript frameworks. Angular and React and stuff. Um, I kinda only posted it as bait, could you be more mad please?

COMMUNITY COLLEGE YOU DOPE
THERE ARE TRANSFER AGREEMENTS

if you go to Berdoo, take a class or two with Devlin

your penis will thank me later

Most people who didn't get into at least UCSD in my high school just decided to take the CC route, even if they were going for engineering degrees.

This. I dropped out of high school and got into UCSD, UCSB, UCR, and UCSC. The only other one I applied to was UCLA and didn't get in there.

Listen to this nigga. Do well in GE classes at a community college and you can get in. At least if you live in CA.

i was genuinely curious, not sure why you think i'm mad but ok. i don't know much about bootcamps but hear hack reactor is one of the better ones

my sample size is small and they tend to be more towards the side of phd candidates in security research or people getting paid well over the 6-figure threshold. none have certs and all have cs degrees

info systems

i think that user was trying to bait people and was joking that you should be more mad.

No i was joking. Nevermind.

It's not one of the better ones, it's just one of the bigger ones after buying all the other ones. I attended near the start when it was hosted out of one floor of a building, now it has entire campuses in multiple states and online and shit.

The guy that runs the operation was one of two teachers when I attended and is the epitome of a rich san francisco broceopath. He was cheating on his fiance this trans student in the class below mine and barely trying to hide it. He would talk loudly about bribing city officials to allow the school to keep operating without accreditation. Me and some other students would stay for 15-16 hour days sometimes to work and would be the last ones in. We were asked to leave more than once and passed hookers in the hallway on their way up that we recognized because they usually hung out right outside.

Man could I go on for hours and I was only there for 3 months.

My nigga

maybe if i was autistic but this is Sup Forums i guess

I might be a special case. I don't have any degrees or certs. My peers have phd's and an underling I just interviewed and hired has multiple degrees and certs with NRL and CIA exp. The real trick is having a passion for what you want to do. Security isn't real difficult. The key is RE. If you can RE you can do anything in this field, and you don't learn how to RE at a university.

dont really go on Sup Forums anymore so i forget how it is sometimes so apologies. but its sort of funny how my friend's linked in is just padded with these projects that mention as many buzzwords as possible and suddenly hes a techbro after 3 months

Some more shit because not I got started remembering:

That same broceopath guy - his name is Marcus - he gave our class a lesson just before we "graduated" about how doing good in the world is pointless and all that matters is fame and power. I don't even remember his reasoning, I just remember it being super awkward and a few students being visibly upset by it.

There was this one student that dropped out early on and we were told she just couldn't handle the stress and the long hours. Turns out she left because she was suing the school for sexual harassment. Guess who specifically?

Shit was fucked up.

Yeah that's basically how they operate. You make 2 large group projects while you're there and you're supposed to put them on your resume as though they were jobs and only correct interviewers if they ask specifically like "What was it like working at... TurtleScope?" It was pretty overtly misleading with one degree of separation from outright fraud but it's how they taught us to do it. Shit, it works though. Gets you interviews.

You think you have it bad :/

UCB isn't bad.

Well by not bad I mean the administration aren't full on SJWs/White Haters - some of the shittier Faculties are, but don't choose a shit school.

I suppose the big takeway is: UC-B is fine for STEM, in fact the entire UC system is fine for STEM.
If you're into humanities - don't go to UC at all, it's 100% full on extreme-leftism and if you aren't toting their line, you're dead meat.

>One of the best Electrical Engineering departments in the USA
Suck it up bitch.

whatup nova

>University of China, Berkeley

eeks homo race?

Nice. Former Gaucho class of '13.

Technically that dude went to SBCC, wasn't a UCSB student. Just sayin... :^)

Our EE program is actually really good.

Berkeley is a fantastic school unless you're a neo-nazi that doesn't like getting their teeth stomped.

>be white
>be neo-nazi
you are only allowed to pick two

shit homey, another fellow Eaglebank patriot up late on Sup Forums?
Maybe there is hope

Go 'garra charrua'

Charles University in Prague

ai, maybe there is

Gig 'Em.