Will buying a new processor increase FPS or nah
Phenom II X4 945 2.8 GHZ
RX 480 MSI 4GB
MOBO Gaming 970 MSI
8GB Ram

OR you could give me helpful tips / upgrade recommendations plz ;-;

Other urls found in this thread:

community.amd.com/thread/202410
reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/4rfou0/brand_new_rx_480_just_destroyed_my_motherboard/
overclock.net/t/1604683/reports-of-rx-480-damaging-pci-e-slots
youtube.com/watch?v=KIu1P9ZgW5c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not as much as getting a 980TI

But sure, it wouldnt hurt to max out your CPU, you can probably get one used for $60

In total war and Arma games yes, also heavily modded games would get an fps increase.
Keep in mind ZEN is just round the corner, changing your CPU right now isn't really your best choice

remember that time polaris was just around the corner

Remember that time Polaris ended up being the best $/performance and best performance in its price bracket?
Oh right, it was and still is.

Yes. The X4 is pretty out of date now.

The X4 will hold out until zen.
You should be able to get a Zen for this christmas.

That's what i'm planning to do, my phenom ii x6 1100 will hold until christmas.

Sadly i will have to ditch my mobo + ram as well

remember when the power draw was killing motherboards
remember when it wasnt even good for vr
remember when the gtx1060 released

>remember when the power draw was killing motherboards
Please point to one case that wasn't already water damaged
>remember when it wasnt even good for vr
No?
>remember when the gtx1060 released
LMAO You mean the piece of shit that can't even run modern games like RE7 and fails to even come close to meeting Dx12 standards? Did you mean that one?
4% ahead in Dx11
14% behind in Dx12
40% more expensive
It's a failure.
>inb4 steam charts

In general a new one will increase the FPS, depends on the game how much. I had a 955 and switched when i started noticing games were needing more cpu, in particular bf3 didn't run very well.

Well RAM is getting more important for games and such so the upgrade there will help a significant amount too.

Your mobo seems to use an AM3+ socket, and should handle overclocking.

So, you can find an FX8350 right now for about $120 if you shop hard and $140 if you casually shop. Or buy used off ebay for $80-$100.

Make sure you've got a decent cooling block and well-ventilated case. OC to ~4.2-4.5 GHz.

You are now running your system near max specs without a full upgrade of mobo/DDR4/GPU.

Yes. It will blast the living fuck out of your current 945 performance.

If you're not already running off an SSD, then get an SSD (Crucial mx300 525 GB for example) for your OS and most intensive games. Use you HDD for data storage and normie games/applications.

So the new processor should help? And I don't want to buy a new gpu this one nearly cost me 200 ;-; so I'm trying to not get a new gpu

Are you running at or near 100% cpu in games you play? What about gpu use? It's fucking simple to find what your next move should be like

>phenom II X4 945

Does AMD suck dick at naming shit or is this a decade old CPU?

the rx480 was pulling 90w from the motherboard which was frying connectors, amd even addressed this.

good vr performance is high settings 90 fps at 2160x1200. the rx 480 doesnt achieve this

great cherry picking with RE7, but for every amd optimized game, there are many more with nvidia logos on their splash.

idk where you get this stuff about not meeting dx12 standards, never heard anything about that anywhere. as for dx12 benchmarks, amd is winning due to their focus on asynchronous performance, not that dx12 will be relevant any time soon

meant for

Do NOT upgrade to a 8350.
You will kick yourself when you realise just how big a mistake you made.
The 8350 is 4 year old CPU that was CRAP WHEN IT WAS NEW

It's eight years old, released in January 2009.

>which was frying connectors

Not a single connector was ever "fried" by an RX 480. It was a campaign of FUD designed to spoil the launch, which ignored the fact that numerous other cards down the years have pulled more than 75W from the PCIe slot, and that it's never been an issue. Plus it's not an issue with any custom RX 480, and only a fucking retard would ever buy a reference card.

AMD had to be seen to fix it of course, because tech-illiterates are going to tech-illiterate. Like the guy recommending pairing a 980 Ti with a Phenom II in this very thread. Fuck you're dumb, Sup Forums.

The 8350 is a better CPU now than it was at launch thanks to the rise of multithreading. You still shouldn't buy one with Ryzen coming in two weeks of course.

I'd buy a used 8370e, even a 8320e would improve the performances.

Anyone notice that every single night, around 10pm to 5am EST the AMD shilling goes super intense?

Those times align with the typical day shift work hours in India.

Any Intel Core from 3rd generation and up will give you a good leap on some games. You will get a substantial gain in FPS in every single game you play.

I got a similar build and I struggle to due to low IPC.

older cards did go over that 75w limit, but these were usually rare occurrences, the rx480 was constantly pulling more than 75w. it was just another case of amd not living up to expectations, because people like you overshill their shit and scream conspiracy when people have issues with their product.

community.amd.com/thread/202410
reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/4rfou0/brand_new_rx_480_just_destroyed_my_motherboard/
overclock.net/t/1604683/reports-of-rx-480-damaging-pci-e-slots

So So upgrade the processor should be next move ? I might get it in a week or two or ryzen if it isn't to expensive I got my old 460 and a cheap GT 640

Definitely. It matches Core2Quads, but that's kinda old, like newest Celerons.

Yes, your CPU is in its last grasps alreadly. in 2 weeks the Ryzen will hit the stores, just remember that you will be switching CPU, MoBo and RAM. Since I live in a shit hole I will have a big expense switching my old AM3 for AM4 but I believe that I will get a huge gain in performance and compatibility.

FX8350 it is then
And 8gb of Ram should hold up fine right?

Yep
youtube.com/watch?v=KIu1P9ZgW5c

I've got a i5 3570k and a GTX 770. What should I upgrade first ?

Graphics, your CPU will be fine for a while

>phenom
>2017

sorry man u need whole new system, is really old. Ryzen or kaby is best choice for u.

or like this user says

It depends on the game really.

I just recently upgraded my system and had a huge fps boost in battlefield one.

I hade a asrock extreme 3 with ssd, 8 Gigs Ram and a Phenom X2 3 GHz that I switched for an FX-8370.

Made a huge difference for me.

doesn´t both Ryzen and Kaby need win10 to properly ?

Forgot GPU, ASUS Radeon 7970, so maybe that helps a bit with your decision.

>Will buying a new processor increase FPS

Not by that much, the thing it will do most is keep frames stable, and improve your minimum framerate.

Yes, quite a lot for some games, like World of Warcraft where it can get quite heavy with addons firing off at the start of a boss fight and tons of trackers, your CPU can choke up very quickly processing all of this in combination with graphical calculations not done on your GPU. Not so much for other games like Mirror's Edge.

Don't listen to these retards, your bottleneck is definitely the cpu. I rocked a phenom 2 until summer last year and upgrading to 6600k improved frames and reduced stuttering on almost all the games I play. (Dirty Bomb, overwatch, war thunder, Skyrim, gta 4)
And I have a r9 280x. Get real, your cpu was midrange in 2011.

Overclock the shit out of it and wait for Ryzen like me!

I'd ask if you was my roomie but that's not his mobo