What was Sup Forums talking about in 2006?

What was Sup Forums talking about in 2006?

mostly about people who were brutally murdered and torturing anime girls

My sick Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX in SLI.

ricing windows xp and how shit vista is. also, ubuntu was kinda new and exciting.

DWM AND ARCH

frames or no frames

Gentoo. Water cooling your rig, because water cooling wasn't a meme yet. Making the mistake of getting an ATI Radeon X1800 XL, and wishing you had gone nVidia.

>implying you need more than a core 2 duo

I still use DWM as my primary window manager.

guro was deleted like 2 years before

A lot less consumerist whore shit, I can tell you that much.

God the XL variants sucked. I accidently a x800xl in 2005, ok-ish stock performance that year but oc'd like SHIT (40mhz) and very quicly needed upgrading.

I got a X1900XTX in early 2006, ran it at 810/900mhz core/mem on water (650/775 stock) until sometime in 2008 when a friend gave me a hd 3850. It held up good until that actually, which is quite impressive considering the huge graphical improvements in games during that time.

I also ran a socket 939 Opteron 175 @ 3.2ghz 1.55v (2.2ghz stock) on a DFI Lanparty NF4-D with 4gb ocz @ 268mhz 3-3-3-8 from 2006 until mid 2009 with XP x64.

Loved that old rig, still has the 175, NF4-d, ram and x1900 and it still works perfectly!

early stages of the botnet

Sonic

Sup Forums was mostly CP back then

A Chieftec Dragon, yay! Unnecessary tall half-server case.

Its a chieftec mesh actually, pretty close to a dragon but some better designed features like some 120mm fans, easier access hdd bays (I have them taken out in my picture) and slide lock option for the 5.25" bays.

Very big yes, but thats what most people wanted back then for water setups etc. I loved it.
They came in smaller models as well.

Nice DFI board! I wish I could find a use for mine.

tech support for Sup Forums
windows versus linux
rate my build

Old Sup Forums was total shit.

Which board you got? But yea, they are pretty much just too old now for anything useful.

I actually use a DFI Lanparty socket 1156 in my main rig and the itx variant in my server now with a overclocked Xeon. I think these was the last models they released for the Lanparty series before they shut down the line.

Nice setups, you need to work on your cable management though! I think it's the DFI LP UT 790FX-M2R, still works great too.
>they shut down the line
Fucking shame, they were objectively the best mobos.

>tech support for Sup Forums
still happens
>windows versus linux
still happens
>rate my build
we have generals for people's bedrooms and keyboards so still happpens

why did everyone suddenly stop using frames?