/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

techreport.com/review/30993/samsung-960-evo-ssd-reviewed/5
insanelymac.com/forum/topic/319764-guide-dell-xps-15-9550-sierra-10122-quick-installation/
forum.notebookreview.com/threads/hp-elitebook-2560p-owners-lounge.586353/page-7#post8234651
youtube.com/watch?v=xyUNXEjRvI4
jkisielewicz.fedorapeople.org/#org9ba33c6
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did anyone here publish apps to the Play Store with putting wrong info? I would want to publish apps, but not sure if I get permabanned if the names not match when withdrawing the money.

There's like 50 country's they'll let you make a bank account with next to zero credentials.
Get gud.

I just downloaded tons of ebooks from dc++. How do I sort them? Is there an automatic way?

You should be more worried about your font rendering...

How much would it cost to run 150W 24/7 each year in the UK? or how do I work it out, only information I have is it draws 150W maximum

any examples, user?

do the ebooks have any metadata you'd want to sort them by? i.e metadata about genre or author

kek

That's a journey you must take alone. For the obvious reasons of loose lips sink ships.

If I were to start a career in IT should I start with the CompTIA A+ course/exam?

what's metadata?

average being 12 pence per 1kwh that equals to 183.96 € per year (0.50€ per day)

Metadata is "data [information] that provides information about other data".[1] Three distinct types of metadata exist: descriptive metadata, structural metadata, and administrative metadata.[2]

Descriptive metadata describes a resource for purposes such as discovery and identification. It can include elements such as title, abstract, author, and keywords.
Structural metadata is metadata about containers of metadata and indicates how compound objects are put together, for example, how pages are ordered to form chapters.
Administrative metadata provides information to help manage a resource, such as when and how it was created, file type and other technical information, and who can access it.[3]

You already asked that question you dumbass?

could you atleast name a country, I have no idea how to find those banks that don't need any name or credentials whatsoever?

I know

is it possible to use a laptop as a second monitor? preferably without the cpu of the laptop having to run

If I just tell you a name you wont research. You need to do the research to find out how to keep yourself safe, and by extension others. You go down others will go with you.
I suggest a starting point will be the corrupt banking systems of the Canary Islands and Ireland. Ireland is more business focused but bread crumbs user.

>Sup Forums - Technology

No.

Oh. And stay away from obscenely poor country's. Their banking sector tends to be a game of snap.

sure, if you do mind dismantling the machine, disconnecting the panel from the mainboard, and attaching it to an external LVDS controller

I don't know anything about phones but which one is better:

Huawei Y6 2 or Samsung J5?

asking for someone

Thanks in advance

don't* mind

Thank you user

i suppose the lvds controller needs to be specific to the monitor? i actually dont mind doing this, the laptop i have has a faulty cpu that cant be cooled so ive already taken the ram out of it

how'd you fuck the file (it's relevant)

i'm not sure about specifics, just that you can use laptop displays with a standalone LVDS controller

I'm almost done with my Bachelor degree, i just need to take one more class (+the bachelor thesis, but lets ignore that).
Two classes caught my eye: semantics of programming languages, and verification of programming languages.

What's the difference? Verification sounds like verifying that the program does what it is intended to do. Semantics sounds like it's analyzing the meaning of a program, i.e. what it does, i.e. you verify it does what it's intended to do.

Has anyone else encountered this? What should I do? I don't want to use Intel graphics as I have an rx 470.

Learning basic coding like CSS, HTML and JavaScript for university but I can't for the life of me get the hang of it.
Are there any sites you can recommend?

Do you plug in the keyboard, mouse, and headphone wires on the monitor, the front of the cpu, or behind the mobo?

Is the intel 600p NVME M.2 SSD good enough for a power user? Or should I splurge for the samsung 960 pro?

The 600p seems as though its about half the speed, however its the same capacity, and half the price. I don't edit huge media files or transfer much data so im not sure the samsung is worth the extra 400 dollars.

Thoughts fellas? Also, if you guys say the 600p is ok, I can collect it tomorrow, whereas if you say go the samsung I have to wait until payday.

I use mobo for everything, with USB hub and a couple of extension cables as necessary since my desktop stays under the desk and cables have to go round the side.

2015 J5 or 2016?

2015 I think

Your headphone jacks also go in the mobo? It reached all the way at the back?

Yeah, probably a good idea to keep your iGPU drivers up to date anyway

not him, but 3.5mm extension cables exist my man. I drilled a hole in my desk that fits the 3.5mm extension cable snuggily, so that goes into the rear of my mobo, I sit at my desk and plug my headphones into the extension cable that is flush with the top of the table.

I think its nice cause i use my headphones everywhere, need to be hotswappable.

What the hell do I put in there? Which IP I mean, please explain this like you would to a retard.

Right. I forgot to mention I'm planning on putting the case at the table, not under, so I guess the jacks will reach the back of the mobo

Honestly I doubt anything above sata 3 speeds even matters unless you have some professional application you're using and you have something against ram drives.

your local machine IP

your headphones should reach, but only if you have a long cable, for example, iphone earbuds are too short, very uncomfortable.

alright, thanks mate, that was what I was thinking, really I don't need m.2 ssds, but I've got an aesthetic going on and adding more 2.5inch ssds will ruin it. Figured may as well fill that slot on the mobo.

For normal use, 600p or plain SATA, unless all you do is stare at benchmarks. Loading/startup time savings are near negligible. techreport.com/review/30993/samsung-960-evo-ssd-reviewed/5

My speakers have a volume control pod with headphone jack that sits on the desk.

Going off specs they're pretty similar. The Huawei should be ahead in performance due to better CPU, GPU, although this differs by region and more RAM, the Samsung has a slightly smaller screen which is a good thing IMO, 5.5" is getting a bit too big, it's also AMOLED instead of IPS. Good for contrast and efficiency especially if you usually keep your screen rather dim, but can be susceptible to screen burn in over time. The Huawei has compass and gyroscope, Samsung doesn't, which is a big deal if you use your phone for navigation or any VR/AR applications.

Thanks in advance, anons

those benchmarks are handy, thanks mate, ive got a couple of the ones mentioned so that gives me a good frame of reference, ill get the 600p and replace my 256gig sata with a 1tb sata next pay

It's going to run Intel's installer, as if you downloaded the .exe on your own.
You should probably do it.

- Depends what kind of performance you care about
- Pretty easy. Take out all the screws on the bottom cover, lift it off, the RAM slots are on the board.
- Nope, hardware warranty is covered no matter what OS you stick on it. Don't expect Dell support to help you if you call them with software/driver problems though (but why would you do that anyway)
- Probably not at the moment, if you wait for Apple to release stuff with Kaby Lake CPUs it should be okay, the Skylake models apparently mostly work with the exception of the touchscreen insanelymac.com/forum/topic/319764-guide-dell-xps-15-9550-sierra-10122-quick-installation/

Eh it actually didn't do anything and disappeared when I clicked install.. Then again I don't even have Intel graphics in the device manager. I think it's disabled in the BIOS. Do I really need integrated graphics along with my dGPU?

Help me Sup Forums, my shitty Lumia 640 with shitty Win 8.1 may be taped, is there any security meassure other than changing the phone?

I'm a huge retard and spilled some limeade onto the top of my tower, which after a second that it happened it shut down by itself.

Like any wise person, I unplugged and unscrewed every part of the system, but by the time I did it was too late, since it had dried up. I did my best to clean it, but no result. While I'm not 100% sure, I theorize the only real damage into the system may be the power supply and everything else may be salvageable.

But what should I do? What can I do? How can I test what is dead or alive in my computer? Help

It doesn't matter most of the time, but occasionally you'll run into the odd issue if the iGPU drivers aren't installed. I wouldn't worry about it too much

Wait three days then see if she spins up.

Get a large quantity of isopropyl alcohol (the 95%+ stuff) and dump the motherboard in it.
Slush a little and leave it to dry for a few days.

How would I do this from the terminal in ubuntu? I want to be able to bot from the optical bay drive slot on my laptop but only instructions for wangblows are provided, I'm on ubuntu gnome.

Forgot to post a link.
forum.notebookreview.com/threads/hp-elitebook-2560p-owners-lounge.586353/page-7#post8234651

Portugal.

There. There is a country to check.

this is a vendor-locked feature.
You have to use windows for that

Why is image.jpg associated with phoneposting?

whatever app/browser fags keep using on their "smart"phones don't keep the original filenames but "renames" them to image(s).png/jpg file.png/jpg or simply .jpg/.png

Previous iOS versions renamed every image you upload to "image.jpg"
Latest iOS version renames them to IMG_XXXX

take the one with the cooler professor

I replaced it with a custom one and I didn't replace my system64 one too
And I think I ran some shitty windows 7 ricer software too but the program crashed

Oh thanks, that makes sense. I thought it was just a common file name, so I used to rename images from google images to image.jpg sometimes.

Why would you do that?

Because some images have stupid names, and I didn't know any better?

First of all - most of those books are probably shit so fucking cleanse that shit. Then sort by topic.

Holy shit you're a fucking retard

Shut up dude, I know I'm an actual retard

Hey I've got a stupid question.
I have an old Dell Optiplex pc running gentoo and 4 old CRT monitors. Can I multi screen by simply buying 4 of those adapters + vga cables and fucking around with gentoo, or is it impossible?

Do most laptops use standardized internal display connectors? I'm wondering if I can replace the shitty TN panel in my chromebook with a IPS one.

Trying to upgrade an old toaster.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH RAM PER SLOT YOUR MOTHERBOARD CAN TAKE!

Seriously mad here. I've found so many answers but they are always different. I'm trying to figure out how many GB PER SLOT my mobo can handle. The system can handle a max of 8GB 1333mhz in total. But now I still don't know wheter to get 2x4GB or 4x2GB. Some say that one slot can only handle 2 GB, but I see so many people say you can get the the two 4GB sticks.

mobo is 018D1Y from Dell. It's an inspiron 560.

please help

if the usb>vga device is support by linux, sure
keep in mind these devices are pretty basic, don't expect things like video/3D accelleration. they're mainly for simpler stuff like presentations or office work

it's usually in the FUCKING MANUAL dumb feelposter

ITS NOT, ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why aren't there more plastic tenkeyless keyboards? Or are there any plastic tenkeyless keyboards?

I mean its a 2005 PC with 2002 monitors. I just want this pile of junk to at least look cool. I dont expect to do much.

RTFM

then google it retard

they yea, you can make a mutlimonitor setup with anything, one way or another

you could even do something like have a headless machine with a large X session, split into four by sharing each part over VNC, and connecting to them with laptops, creating a wireless monitor made of laptops.

if you wanted to

>being this much of a dumb nigger

pls don't ever reproduce....ever...stupid nigger

There seems to be a thing called displaylink for gentoo which allows monitors to work via USB so that should theoretically work. If I just run terminals on the 3 additional CRTs there also shouldn't be any problems with the video card frying itself.

>Reading comprehension

Im guessing youre the retard here

Riddle me this Sup Forums

I'm wireless.
My download speed is 4mbps according to Speedtest
But all my torrents and video games are capped at only 500kbps
However, when I'm downloading Hearthstone, the speed I get is 1.2mbps

HOW THE FUCK DOES THIS WORK

FUCKING KILL YOURSELF

Please respond. Everything is mech shit.

I didn't see the SQT before posting, can anyone give advice pertaining to this thread?

Sounds like each ram slot can only take 2GB sticks.

Has anyone here bought Sup Forums pass? Is it worthwhile?

whats the programm called you guys check the speeds on your hard drives?

got a new wd blue 1TB today and it took an hell lot of time to transfer data (5gb) from my ssd to my hdd.

>/sqt/

Thanks for the info !

I need a laptop that does not stutter every time I build something (had poor experiences with U series Intel CPU) and is not a gaymen shit.

Concerning wiping the SSD, I read somewhere that if something bad happens with the hardware and the software is different from the original one, the support could refuse fixing it claiming that the modified software could have damaged the hardware since the software is not the intended one.

Anyway, looks Hackintoshing an XPS 15 right now isn't quite stable

Fucking Debian stable. Am I fucking fucked?

fag@localhost:~$ mpv --no-audio youtube.com/watch?v=xyUNXEjRvI4
Playing: youtube.com/watch?v=xyUNXEjRvI4
[ytdl_hook] Your version of youtube-dl is too old! You need at least version '2015.02.23.1', try running `youtube-dl -U`.
[ffmpeg] tls: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.
Failed to recognize file format.

Exiting... (Errors when loading file)
fag@localhost:~$ youtube-dl -U
It looks like you installed youtube-dl with a package manager, pip, setup.py or a tarball. Please use that to update.
fag@localhost:~$

>You need at least version '2015 ...
damn son
i think i'd just place youtube-dl in your home folder, in a folder that's in your PATH
youtube changes too often for a 2 year old version of youtube-dl to be of any use

How do I setup RAID-Z2?

Nah bub, it's recommended to install youtube-dl from the source.

Youtube (other sites a lot less) change their methods of extraction frequently and there's no way distributions that aren't rolling release will be able to keep up.

do
apt-get autoremove youtube-dl
apt-get install python-pip
then
pip install youtube_dl
and everytime youtube will fail to decode just run
pip install --upgrade youtube_dl

>Debian stable
Hope you're feeling lucky today.

jkisielewicz.fedorapeople.org/#org9ba33c6

Scroll down for the binary packages.

it's a ZFS-specific type of RAID, you need ZFS

OK I did some research and apparently it uses a 30 pin LVDS connector. So can I use any screen that uses that connector? Even a higher resolution screen?