Miss me yet?

miss me yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/ianmorris/2014/06/16/ive-discovered-the-best-smartphone-of-all-time-and-its-from-2011/#2aba8a92abfd
phonearena.com/news/Seven-years-ago-the-Palm-Pre-was-primed-to-take-on-the-Apple-iPhone_id77075
forums.webosnation.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No
Typing on a screen is much more comfortable than on such a little physical keyboard.

every single day ;_;

The BlackBerry Mercury is being shown in 9 days, so not really

webos was the most innovative mobile OS since iOS and remains so to this day

Never had one

4u

No. I want a touch+physical kb back, but it's landscape or bust.

Why landscape?

It was a shit hardware.

No, fuck off

Narrow landscape is better if you have large hands. Can still reach all the keys with either thumb, but have much larger keys to hit.

Phones are bigger than they used to be

answered for me already, larger keys mainly

YES.

I wanted to buy one.

But the spuds in HP management refused to sell it here. And then they were shocked to see lack of sales, the geniuses.

Apotheker has a lot, a LOT to answer for.

The Kin and Kin 2 were better

This desu

>Blackberry Priv
>Got one, would recommend

No. It was laggy as fuck, crashed all the damn time, had a shit speaker, and the finish on that stupid silver button wore off within 6 months.

The keyboard buttons were super gummy and small. The internet barely worked. Super limited application support as well.

Fuck your rose tinted goggles, the Pre was probably the worst fucking phone I've ever owned, and I had a Blackberry Storm.

key size doesn't matter with BlackBerries, with the way the keys are shaped you could type with your big toe.

Strange then the large following it gained. People reminisce on an industrial scale
forbes.com/sites/ianmorris/2014/06/16/ive-discovered-the-best-smartphone-of-all-time-and-its-from-2011/#2aba8a92abfd
phonearena.com/news/Seven-years-ago-the-Palm-Pre-was-primed-to-take-on-the-Apple-iPhone_id77075

And the community is still going:
forums.webosnation.com/

yeah man, borrowed a htc with qwertz-keyboard from my neighbour, add was pretty sad when i had to give back

No one outside of US had a blackberry

Okay?

you clearly never used one. Fucking treo 680 was more comfortable than touchscreens, and treo 680 was one of worst qwerties i've ever used. Properly executed portrait qwerty, like BB Q10, absolutely wrecks every touchscreen-only kind of input, and landscapes are even better.

Is Priv keyboard as good as in non-slider berries? Old bolds, or new classic/q10?

I used my Sidekick LX for a while after already having an iPhone 4s. The Sidekick was great when I first bought it, but it required too much effort, and slowed me down, once I was accustomed to touch.

I miss when phones were interesting and reasonably sized.

this.
qwerty on a phone has always been dumb.
T9 had better word prediction.

>T9 had better word prediction
entire point of qwerty is not to use word prediction

and yet we need it more than ever thanks to touch screens

Yes. I had one for years.

I didn't have that, but I had a Centro, which had the same kind of keyboard. Despite its tiny size, I found it surprisingly easy to type on.

And it sucks ass worse than ever too.

Jesus Christ auto correct is a fucking cancerous plague just like touch screen typing and oversized phones to accommodate it.

>what are preferences
Out of the four smartphones I've had, one has lacked a keyboard. It's going to stay that way.

>had qwerties since palmOS times
>winmo, android, bbos10, all qwerties
>at some point i had no choice and bought qwertyless phone
>but hey, everyone writes on it, it can't be this shit
>it is shit

Recently i tried to justify not buying priv. I thought that i'm not getting mad on my phone now, so i guess i'm accustomed to typing on touchscreen now - and then i realized i simply stopped writing on phone after i sold my Q10. Web addresses from suggestions, messenger responses reduced to "later", "no", and this little automatic emote okay button, maps addresses from suggestions. Android is really suited to be used without proper text input.

If mercury will turn out to be crap, i'll buy priv straight away. Mercury is the only thing i'm waiting for, i kinda believe in block more than in slider.

i still use a non-smart slider phone. shit is cash

true
t. priv and ex moto milestone user (what did you call that in the US? droid?)

>milestone 1
milestone 1 keyboard was pretty much flat piece of rubber which required force of thousand suns to press a single button

the privs main flaw is the shitty keyboard. didnt you know? nobody who owns a priv actually uses the keyboard. the layout is one of the worst i've ever seen. the keys are tiny and very mushy and impossible to press without pressing the key next to it. there are 2 shift buttons but both at the wrong spot.

you need the "fn" key to type a fucking ".", or a comma, or any number, or any symbol at all.

it's shit. don't buy it. the phone itself is ok apart from the keyboard. it's not bad but it's not as good as it should be for the price even now.

t. priv user since release

>you need the "fn" key to type a fucking ".", or a comma, or any number, or any symbol at all.

tl;dr someone who has never used a blackberry before

Yes.
T9 had to estimate what words you would type based on a dictionary and a limited set of possibilities.
It worked really well, especially for long words as you rarely had to spell the entire thing, giving you a more accurate auto complete than on modern phones.
I have gotten used to qwerty on computers, and it is still usable on landscape phones, but then you cannot display much of what you are writing on the phone.
So I keep the phone horizontal, miss 35% of the keys, meaning I still rely on word prediction, it is just worse in every way.
With the old system, I could type at a much higher speed, and I could compose long messages without looking at the phone.
I know they made the system so fewer people would text while they drove, but it is just a worse system (strictly for typing), irrelevant things like playing games or watching movies is slightly better, but is this really what is important on a communication device?

Yes
WebOS was also pretty good.
It's open source now but no one seems to be putting effort to make it good again

There people on Sup Forums right now that never had phone with physical qwerty keyboard because they were born too late.

Let that sink in. Thats why neo-Sup Forums is what it is.

>right now (in most countries) you can legally shag people born after 2000
>first iphone, device that killed every bit of oldschool user experience, was created around 2008
>all of those legal people right now couldn't even properly remember world before iphone
holy shit

>was created around 2008

And you're so underage that you're a year off.