/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
2017 release calendar: All the major smartphones we’re expecting this year
androidauthority.com/major-smartphone-releases-2017-746078/

Moto G5 and G5 Plus official renders and full specs leak ahead of MWC unveiling
gsmarena.com/moto_g5_and_g5_plus_official_renders_and_full_specs_leak_ahead_of_mwc_unveiling-news-23437.php

Apple to replace home button with ‘function area’ on iPhone 8
gsmarena.com/apple_to_replace_home_button_with_function_area_on_iphone_8-news-23455.php

Huawei P10 Plus official promotional renders leak
gsmarena.com/huawei_p10_plus_official_promotional_renders_leak_portraying_it_in_all_its_glory-news-23441.php

Meizu M5S Official With 18W Fast Charging, 3GB RAM & Octa-core Chip
gizmochina.com/2017/02/15/meizu-m5s-official-18w-fast-charging-3gb-ram-octa-core-chip/

HTC U Ultra review
youtube.com/watch?v=WIWbn8ecKwA

Old

Other urls found in this thread:

gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_436531.html
willmyphonework.net/
mi.com/en/redmipro/
aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20170216125200&SearchText=redmi 4 pro
thesolutionshop.asia
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Going to Japan in October as well as need a general unlocked GSM phone. What's a good 2014-2016 phone that has dropped in price but still is a solid phone in performance?

The LG v20 looks pretty good for me especially with the micro SD and removable battery, would it be a good idea to get one?

Huawei P8 Lite (2017)

Re-Edition

SUCH A GOOD PHONE!!!!!!

>Moto G5 plus will have 2gb of RAM

I just want a phone with stock Nougat out of the box that doesn't shits itself with how heavy had apps gotten

I guess I'll have to look for what Nokia brings to the table at MWC

Anybody knows of any ROMs for the Note 4 (Samsung) that have a near stock experience or something similar? I just want to get rid of touchwizz forever. Would it be possible to keep some of the functionalities, such as S-pen, and a proper camera app?

Thanks beforehand.

I fell for the iPhone meme after my G4 boot-looped and I just sold it. I've never hated a piece of technology more. What's the best phablet right now? V20? I'm scared it will bootloop.

>bootloops

It will have a 4/64 version as well, just like the G4+.

I doubt they'll only make a 2gb version of the G5 Plus when the G4 Plus comes with 2, 3 and 4gb of ram.

Updated my Zuk Z2 Pro to Nougat yesterday, really happy.

Battery life is a little better.
Camera is much better in low light
Manual camera controls
FP is more accurate on wet/moist fingers
Bluetooth device battery stat now shows in status bar

Those are just what I've noticed from the one day using it.

Anyone interested in low light shots I took?
They're not the best, but for the price I paid for this phone I'm really happy with the results.

How much do you think the Mi5C will cost once it reaches th resellers? I'm hoping it won't be greater than $150.

Why would you expect it to be less than $200?

I think you have to stay on touchwiz to keep the S-Pen features. Maybe try find a touchwiz ROM that's themed to look like stock android.

Looking at ditching my Note 4 and getting the Huawei Mate 9 MHA-AL00.. With the 6GB of ram. As I understand these do not come with Play Store etc.. Because they're the chinese version. Is there a way to install all the google goods. Or is it better saving the hassle and getting the 4GB ram version.. Would there a noticeable performance difference?

Dirty-installing the gapps package in chinese google-less ROMs almost always end up in disaster (constant force-closes) or very high battery draining. I'd check if it's possible to flash the european/worldwide firmware in that model.

is the lenovo b any good ? for its price of course

>1GB RAM
>MT6735
>2000mAh
Disgusting. not worth $10.

Removable battery, dual sim, fm radio and sd card tho. I know my old nexus 5 hasn't got any of these

retard.

Oneplus 3t a meme or real thing?

Ok fine fellas, im using a meizu note 2 witch specs suits me well. Now i need dualsim witch phone should i get? It shouldnt be worse than the note 2

Its the meizu m2 note sorry

Isn't that already dual sim?

> Smartphones are just tools for spying our life
> to controlling us
> to tracking us..
> it's like Orwell's big brother.
> you are part of the biggest botnet of the history
The only solution is to not have a smartphone.

If you don't have a smartphone you don't belong ITT.
Get out.

australia please go

V20 is god tier phone assuming it won't bootloop, on one right now.

Zuk z2 owner here gonna make a quick review.
Screen is meh.
build quality is okish ( broke the sims card slot when U pulled it the first time but the rest is okay).
Audio is good.
camera is okay.
battery life is good but not that good
it heats a lot.
it is actually not that much faster than my old oneplusone.
software wise ZUI is shit so I put RR but will probably try lineage and dirty unicorn and it triggers the shit out of my autism that u-touch doesn't work well with custom ROM.
So overall the phone is good for its price but I'm not sure I would have bought it if it was more expensive.

my z3c died today and i'm looking for a new phone around 200,250 burger dollars. is the lenovo k6 power any good? my priorities are camera and battery

trigger some people and post this to /csg/ please

Are you the guy from yesterdays /csg/ ?

What's wrong with zui? Just use 2.5, everything works great.

Also how the fuck did you break the sim card slot?

I'd wait for Moto G5, Galaxy J7 (2106) is another option

The oneplus 3t looks pretty good but I wonder how good is the camera

Stupid me. Thx mate!

Because I don't have the budget

Ordered yesterday a Moto G4 Play cause low budget (130€)
did i waste my money?

Just get the Meizu M5 if you want something cheap and reliable without being pisspoor shit

>without being pisspoor shit
expect that's exaclty what the meizu is

I'm not but seeing his rant I realized I has some of the same problem
I flashed zui 2.3 and didn't like it also my sim drawner wouldn't come out so I pulled a bit too hard and broke the plastic part

I'm genuinely curious, what about it didn't you like?
Did you flash the global/English version?

Try mokee too.

i am looking a new phone
-waterproof
- >4000mh battery
- under 200 $
can you guys recommend something?

Looking to buy first smartphone. No clue what to get.

USA/Verizon/can run Steam Guard and Nintendo Switch app, preferably Android/no more than 500 bucks/don't care about size

Help me out. I don't trust online reviews of this shit, and it feels like an evolving market, so half the shit I'd pull up would be outdated as fuck.

Yeah. that's the price of a 3/32 RN3P.

You can get a 3gb Mi4C with official nougat for about $125. The SoC is a bit old (only 5-6hrs SoT) but the cameras are better than what's in a lot of flagships these days.

$50 Doogee phones that are a year old have the same features and same chipset, with a bigger removable battery, and I'd say it's still a bad deal.

I believe it was the chinese version in english and I didn't like the chineese bloatware / app center and I've have no idea why I couldn't install exposed
Tried but the home button was fucked up too and RR had all Mokee feature and more

Moto Z Play.

Not a phone BUT.... a cowon z2.

Last time I updated the firmware it bricked, had to send it in korea to have it fixed.
Now the wifi doesn't work anymore for some reason.

I'm not unhappy with the OS, but maybe there's something better out there.
Is there anything specifically made for this device?

You could install play store and uninstall the Chinese App Store though.

Play store is actually in the Chinese App Store, just do a search for it, and you don't need root to uninstall anything.

Looks like it's got lots of shit I don't need attached. Anything cheaper around 300?

Nomu S10 / S20
iMan Victor
Blackview BV6000 / BV6000S

Just get the Moto G4 now or the Moto G5 when it launches next month

Moto G4 if it's supports Vericuck.

HT20.
gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_436531.html

my brother, this phone looks way too good to be true. My Z1 compact is crapping out on me, and I'm this close to buying this phone!

Galaxy S6
Oneplus 3T
Pixel XL
Otherwise Real thing

Check
willmyphonework.net/
first, it doesn't support any American carrier bands.
Should be alright for Europe though.

I spend too much time diddling on my phone and I just need to be rid of it already.

Is there a phone that'll rip me off the internet by being so painful to use, but still work with group messaging? Please, someone help me.

iphone 4s

That's still WAY too much functionality for me. I just need phone, MMS, text, and maybe Google maps.

Post them.

What does locked and unlocked mean?

Was really interested in the Mi5 but jesus fucking christ, that fucking video where the guy snaps it in half with little to no effort. This shit must become a boomerang just by resting in your pocket in normal day to day use.

This phone is the tantamount proof as to why specs are fucking retarded and it's the actual experience that matters. People keep sperging about the 820 inside this thing and then disregard the shitastic buggy mess of a system, the dim screen that is shit to read in the sunlight, the absolutely awful camera that is legitimately the worst one I've seen under low light conditions in any modern smartphone, the fact it might as well be a soap bar due to how slippery it is and so on and so forth.

Need a new phone real bad. I was considering a chinkphone that needs the following:
>$150 or so
>at least 5"
>good battery life
>works with T-Mobile Band 12 in America
>stock Android with at least Marshmallow (preferably Nougat)
>has an active community on XDA if the above can't be acheived for whatever reason

Is the G5 even worth waiting for if it's got the downgrade Snapdragon 430? Right now G4 or G4 Plus looks pretty good to me.

Someone should make a Xiaomi version of the Uchiha Madara copypasta. The names of these phones are fucking awful and so bloated with a billion and one redundant versions and different models of the same shit.

Wondering if I should ditch my Sony Z2 to get a Galaxy S8 when it releases or is there some other phones I should consider first?

I've been thinking of a Z5 Premium or the latest sony flagship.

I've always gotten a bad taste of HTC's except for the glory days with the HTC Touch Pro with Windows 6.3.

Few chinkfones support band 12, you might be better off just getting one that doesn't support LTE and using the 3.5g network. In many cases it's faster than the LTE networks because it's a far less crowded network. Try disabling 4G on your current phone and test it out.

Regular G5 has fingerprint and removable 2800mAh batter. Specs are barely an improvement.

G5 plus might be meh but it will be cheaper than G4 plus from what I've heard.

Where do you guys buy Oneplus 3T? The official site?

How long does it takes for delivery?

Lg v20 has a 0.9 percent chance of bootlooping, est.

should I get a used Note 4 for $150 or a refurbished Moto X Pure for $180

If I do go with a G4 or G5, do I just purchase one online and then bring it in to Verizon? I don't see it listed in their online store.

G4 isn't compatible with Verizon as far as I know

I'm on their site now, and it says it can used with most the big carriers including Verizon. I can even purchase a Verizon Sim Card with it. That should mean I'm good right?

Here's a pic.

Go ahead. :^)

That doesn't sound very reassuring.

bought directly from site, took 4 days to get to me in burgerland direct from China

It's good. Don't worry about it.

RN3P Special edition gets LTE on T-Mobile

Did you pay for taxes?

I have the bricked S7 from hell. I can still get into download mode, but I've tried so many different ways of flashing it back to the stock OS and Odin just fails every time. Nowhere on the internet has been of any help and I'm considering just shelling out to get it replaced.

Is it true that if you can get a phone into download mode it's never truly bricked? What the fuck do I do at this point?

Google harder, you can probably fix it.

Femanon here

Now that the LG G5 is confirmed cancer with a last-gen processor, should I just pull the trigger on a OnePlus 3T or wait for the Galaxy S8?

Trust me, I've tried, tried, and tried. I've googled and searched for different ways of fixing it for about a month now and absolutely nothing works, and on top of that nobody shares my exact problem.

>Moto G5 will only support up to 128gb for microSD

So damn close to being perfect.

Dude, I've put 128 and 256GB cards in phones that have only officially supported 32gb and they've always worked fine.

Redmi Note 4 Pro 3/32 vs Redmi Note 3 Pro 3/32
Other chinkphones also welcome, preferably under $200
Basically what I need is a replacement for my Umi Super
I can live without USB-C, but I would like to keep 1080p 5" to 5,5" screen, fingerprint scanner and microsd support

There's no such phone as a redmi note 4 pro

What bands does your carrier use?

What's the best Sup Forums approved custom ROM and why?

My phone is on cyanogenmod and I'd have to flash it with another custom ROM because that cyanogen was discontinued. I could obviously go with lineage, but since I'm reflashing it anyway, I'd like to see if there's other worthwhile ROMs out there.

mi.com/en/redmipro/
You're right, its simply pro or redmi note 4, yellow merchants use both tho.
aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20170216125200&SearchText=redmi 4 pro

Best phone for 200 to 250€ that's compatible with Lineage OS?

Should have the following:
- SD slot
- warranty
- 1080p screen
- available at local stores/amazon germany
- nonshit SoC
- large userbase

Moto G4 / G4 Plus

redmi 4 pro
its usually ordered from aliexpress or gearbest
but you should find on german internet local sellers that will respect warranty

not yet lineage builds but considering how full xiaomi it will get builds
soc is 14nm, though not as powerful as it could have been
still seriously ridiculous battery 4100mAh

you can check thesolutionshop.asia if you have trouble finding it on amazon or something
they ship from within EU so no taxes, but since its not your local shop I am not sure how welcome they would be to warranty claims.

but interesting enough, xiaomi has quite a good reputation, you dont read much shit about them, unlike LG for example

Dont bother with the Mediatek Redmi Note 4 now that the Note 4X is out. I'd choose between that, the Redmi 4 Pro and Redmi Note 3 Pro.