Best gnu/linux distro that "just werks"?

Best gnu/linux distro that "just werks"?
I need to put it on my grandparent's old XP machine they refuse to upgrade, and has grinded to a halt

>linux distro
>just werks

This does not exist!

I always recommend xubuntu, although mint might be another good choice

>using linux
>that just werks
You're missing the whole point of Linux.

Debian with XFCE.

Debian

None, loonix is just a joke OS especially for old people not interested in ricing their desktop all day long. Just install a fresh WIN 7, the "SP2" update package, and buy them an SSD.

Linux will only make them come to hate you as it crashes and bugs out on them a million times per second.

Linux Mint Cinnamon.
Installed it for my mum when the free Win10 upgrade broke her laptop and put it in a bootloop.
Easy to use and very familiar to anybody who has used Windows, and it just werks.

you've used arch havent you

debian/ubuntu + wine + xfce (lxde if the pc is absolute crap)

This.

Old people can't into linux. Just buy them a chromebook and call it a day.

I used arch only killed one time in 2 years

SOLUS PROJECT

I've used many linux distros for months at a time and I have to say I've been disappointed with all of them. Devs have been so concerned with being special snowflakes that they have ironically failed to make linux usable for more than desktop ricing.

Really wish linux wasn't like this, free software was a mistake.

>old XP machine
Lubuntu.

>my personal experiences automatically dictate how others will feel

Solus is a botnet.

>Best gnu/linux distro that "just werks"?
Ubuntu is fine but you're gonna struggle with PPAs if you want latest packages (JDK, Eclipse + PyDev...)

Mint

I've installed it on multiple machines for tech illiterate family and friends and it's intuitive enough. If they're used to OSX then elementaryOS is practically the same thing only free and less hardware intensive.

Gentoo of course, you fucking retard. All the others do stupid shit and break if you don't babysit them.

>2.27% total market share
This is including the trillions of loonix distributions too.

Ubuntu, Xubuntu, Linux Mint Cinnamon are all good choices.

>Market share on a free product

Indeed. Loonix is such a carnival show of an operating system that people still won't use it despite it literally costing 0$.

debian + kde or xfce. kde will be familliar to windows users and doesn't have any significant stability issues I've run into.

Arch XFCE

I tried using it but the drivers didn't work on my shitty 2008 craptop so I gave up and scraped it. Network drivers really make or break this shit. Didn't help the USB was also fucked.

kekd

Have you contributed a single dime or minute to making it any better? If not, fuck off.

Mint.

then why do we like it?