Music Players

What do you use?
I've been using pic related for the past 4 years.

Only had to use warranty once when the official update bricked it, pretty happy with it even though it has become a bit slow.
I was thinking about getting a custom Rom for it but apparently it's not that popular.

Is there a way to upgrade the android version from 2.x to something better?

My phone like a normal human being.

This desu

>human beings

More like savages.

i've been using my colorfly c3 for like 1 year, pretty comfy. I dream about the c4 every night.

160 gb iPod classic. Nothing else has that capacity.

>phone with 200gb sd card

Why drop that much money on a 200gb card when my iPod does the same job? I'll do that once this thing is bust, but for now..

Not him but, I just stream my music. The hassle of transferring it like in the 2000s is too much for me now. Spotify/Apple Music let you have your shit everywhere

Sandisk Clip

Some people need their phone for calls and texts, sucking the battery for music and having a dead phone is bad for everyone.

>paying for music

AHAHAHAHAH
What is this? the renaissance?

>modern smartphones can playback music for over 72 hours without stopping and call for over 29 hours without stopping
really makes you think

I know I was once like you too but itwas too convenient not to, it's 5 bucks a month after my student discount. I have no problem with that for reliable access to my music anywhere anytime. Also you can get the cracked version if you don't wanna pay that bad which has all premium features for free.

Are you implyng that a physical storage is less reliable?
Because that's not only stupid but also wrong.

Sansa Clip+ with Rockbox
>muh free as in freedom codecs
>gapless playback & crossfading
>doom on a miniscule two-color display

If you've ever had a phone, you would know these are always lies... (I have an s7, lucky to get a day out of it with it off 90% of the day)

>sucking the battery for music
literally 3% battery usage during an 8h flight listening to spotify from start to finish

This guy gets it

I use my old iphone 5s that I never updated, so it doesn't have that shitty new music app that I hate using

this

I can't be bothered to connect my phone to my computer in any capacity. streaming, and auto photo backup is far better for my daily use.

There's Spotify

I like having all my shit actually with me

>tap download icon
oh look, it's now stored locally

Then what's the point of using a streaming service if you're telling me I can download shit I already have downloaded?

>pirate
>oh look it's stored locally and it's free

except anything that can take an sd card

>i never need to plug in, in order to add music
>access to new music instantly

that alone is worth it to me.

If you rarely seek out new music, I can see why you wouldn't care for music streaming,trouble compared to streaming.

>If you rarely seek out new music
Jesus how condescending can you be. I can find higher quality than what's on spotify, AND a lot of songs I like I can't even find on spotify

What do you use now that the sansa is discontinued?
My sandisk clip+ is not doing very well after ~3 years of heavy use, with nonworking play/pause button and screen cracks

Unfortunately, I can't find a good replacement at this point.

Can anyone recommend something with:
-the same small form factor
-ability to have some sort of storage (takes any size mircoSD card for example)
-physical buttons

I haven't been able to locate anything like it besides the new highend Sony pmp

Phones are shit for music listening. They're cumbersome to carry while exercising and require interfacing with the screen to change music. Having a large local library is also inefficient on a phone whereas a pmp can double as a portable external storage device. I also like having my phone wire free so I can use it for other things

For cost reasons, I am leaning towards getting a 5th gen ipod.
Going to modify it with:
-microsd storage capability or msata storage (whichever is cheaper considering I own a microsd)
-rockbox
-new higher capacity battery

Maybe i'm considering you just want to have a select number of albums with you.

I'm certain you can find more music, and of higher quality elsewhere, but I never brought that up.

>You said you can't use Apple Music
>I made a suggestion
>You complain about not having music locally
>I provide a solution
>Suddenly i'm putting you down, and i apparently brought up audio quality somewhere

sony walkman e353
it has an fm radio

Bought a sandisk when my z2 bricked, used it for about a year until I got it fixed 2 years ago.
I picked it up from the bottom of my drawer few days ago and it still had 70% charge, amazing.

What's rockbox like?

>What's rockbox like?
It's great
A lot of added play ability and general features. Takes any size micro sd.

I assume there are other technical differences like battery life and support for language packs. Also great codec support.

Ruizu x02 or xduoo x2 both chinkshit but are decent.

thanks
I hope there's no size limits on the microsd cards they accept

other than that the first option looks like good price to performance

Some /csg/ Fen Pecu.

32GB and supposed 40 hour charge. It is hard to tell, but it's up there. Fits in my palm too..

Speaking of streaming, how good is Pandora? I got a three month pass, but haven't used it.

nigger why the fuck would I pay to use spotify when I can already do the shit you're suggesting?

>that much money
$73 isn't exactly bank breaking.

That's about 96 Hot Pockets.

if you're going to stream to your mobile device, why pay for anything when you can just mpd + icecast + mpd client on your device + firefox can natively play shoutcast streams?

The existence of that player makes me irrationally angry, though my reasons for being so are rational.

well fuck, just bought an old classic (5th gen meaning Wolfson internals)
Paid 30USD, working condition besides hold button

I could have gotten it cheaper on a local classified but I don't feel like looking for the occasional listing only for someone to beat me to buying. Saw these go for 10-20USD but they get bought quickly on local sales

I'm going to document my modifications and share them eventually. Planning on:

-installing an sdcard reader that takes multiple cards (hopefully this exists) so I can combine my existing 64gb with a new 200gb card
-installing a larger capacity battery
-replacing the hold switch
-flashing rockbox

I will miss the small form factor of my clip+
Not looking forward to the extra bulk of the classic but hopefully the bump in sound quality will offset that

That's what you get when buying a phone full of bloatware dumbfuck. This is 2,5 sot.

2.5 hours*

it's the opposite of everything I hated about sansas (can't FLAC/Vorbis, not great UI, no gapless playback meant I had to merge all of my gapless albums into single files) and things I never even considered wanting on a music player smaller than my micropenis (dozens of skins, extra apps, those puzzle games I had on my TI-83+ back in the day, you know, the ones with moving the blocks around that were different shapes and stuff...)
On my particular model, the only inconvenience is that I can't mount it and transfer things onto it while it's in Rockbox, but they have a dualboot feature, so I just reset it into the standard firmware, connect, transfer, disconned, reset back into Rockbox.

Are there any cheaper PMPs that have blue tooth and don't have shitty software?

This. Anything else is inferior.

What the hell?
Does that even fit in your pocket?

Forgot the pic.

nice AKG K240s user

Wowo finally something to replace the wedge I carry around in my pocket to tenderise my theighs. And it plays Sup Forumssick!!!

Zune.

No I wasn't implying it at all just that it's less convenient to go through the task itself of having it physically be in all your devices