How many programming languages do you know? Is it worth it to know more than a few of the top-used ones such as Java...

How many programming languages do you know? Is it worth it to know more than a few of the top-used ones such as Java, C++, Python, etc?

THICC

I'm tired this shit.

You need to learn how to program conceptually, learn about algorithm design and mathematics. If the language sentax is what you're major concern is, then you're doing it wrong.

You can learn all them. I'm going to start hiring mathematicians and teaching them the syntax if this "What language is worth it" meme continues. Fucking fuck. Just read.

this is iskra on ig btw.

this pic would be better if she had some makeup to cover up those face blemishes. luckily we have photoshop to smooth it out

This

Posting b/c DAT ASS.

QBasic, Visual Basic, Python, C, C++, C#, Objective-C, Java, Swift, Some Assembly, PHP, Cobol.

I don't think SQL, HTTP/CSS, and Bash count but I'm all about dat too.

>get a job doing 3d cad, no programming...

You misspelled or forgot quite a few words.

I'm tired of this shit.

I'm going to start hiring English teachers to teach Pajeet how to speak properly.

What books do you recommend on this?

I don't really know any language. I write programs in python and C++ and when i need to know something i just google or steal code from stackoverflow.

C and C++ is fucking hard because thers so much shit to learn. It's not easy like python where a variable is just a fucking variable. In C theres about a million different kinds of variables and if you want to convert one kind to another it's usually a nightmare.

Iskra Lawrence is a miracle of the universe.

I don't know if she makes me believe in god or not.

she's labeled as a "plus sized model" and she's one of the few cases where it's actually true. she's THICC but still has abs.

Pretty refreshing considering nowadays "plus sized model" is synonymous with obesity and fatties

Define "know"

She makes me climax before I even start getting an erection.

I often check out programming languages, but never end up building applications in them.

The only one I'd say I "know" is JavaScript.

>what I cannot create, I do not understand.
-Richard Feynman

Learning languages mean jack shit if you don't know how to implement them to make stuff.
I plan on learning only Lua

That's a semon demon if I've ever seen one. Holy shit

Asm, C, C++ (badly), Java, Pascal, VisualBasic 3.0 (oldfag reporting) Python, Tcl, Rust, Scheme

You don't need to know math to program, stop this meme.

Pic related is BBC doing investigative journalism about Iskra and trolls.

Also related.

As for programming languages, what does it mean to KNOW a programming language. That would be a helpful starting point to the discussion.

Java, 6502 asm, a little bit of C/C++, a bit of Python, and Racket which I'' never fucking using again.

Used to know C# (basic data structure/OOP stuff, but nothing about .NET) but its been forever since I've touched it and I've likely forgotten everything

Her ass is fat, lmao

How the fuck do you program anything if you can't get basic spelling down, you retard? Do you even debug?

first off, namefag gtfo. Second, you sure know a lot of shitty meme languages and microshaft toys

Fuckin hipster

Gaymer gtfo

Javascript and a bit of C++.

That's sort of the appeal, yes.

That's plus-size alright

Well... different types are encoded in binary differently, so that detail is critically important.

>Learning programming languages
I know how to program in procedural, OO, functional, and logical paradigms. I can pick up anything I like in a few weeks.

Like 50. Learn Programming languages as you need them. If you have a good grasp on the basics, learning a language takes like 30 minutes at most. Learning libraries, however, can take a lifetime.

S I C P
I
C
P

But yeah. Once you conceptually know one, you open up a lot more.

>learning a language takes like 30 minutes at most
Baloney. If you can't program something useful in the language using nothing but a plain text editor and without having to constantly look up stuff, let alone copypaste code, you definitely don't know the language. 30 minutes to learn? Hahah.

I make a decent living as a contract programmer knowing only PHP.

>If you can't program something useful in the language using nothing but a plain text editor and without having to constantly look up stuff
Is my vim autocompletion/other plugins and online resource reliance crippling me?

Depends on the program, but yes actually you do need to know math - specifically algorithmic based topics.
However, I guess if you wanted to print 'Hello World', no you don't need math.

Yeah, well what languages can you use effectively?

I mean, if you posted them I can't tell b/c user.

I come from /o/ where over 1/3 of posts are by trips because it's hard to follow which user owns which car in a convo otherwise.

doesnt matter how many youknow by syntax, as long as you get every sort of language's format and what its meant to achieve.

>Hey, user, you know C++, right? OK; can you look through this code and suggest some tweaks for me because I'm still pretty new to it. >... Uhh, I don't know the language LIKE THAT.
>But you said you know the language?
>Yeah, well, I once looked at it for 30 minutes.
>So you don't know it?
>No, I definitely know it, but I just don't know it in the sense other people use the word knowing.
>Oh, OK, thanks for clearing that up. Maybe you should stop claiming you know languages you don't know though.
>What the fuck did you just say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the self-learning bootcamp, and I know over 300 programming languages. I am trained in copypasta and I’m the top pajeet in the entire programming community. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my network of leet hax0rs across the world and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can fry your house in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my programming skills. Not only am I extensively trained in autocompletion, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the CIA and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

bump