ITT Thread: obselete tech

shit no sane person uses anymore

dont be nostalgic in here

Other urls found in this thread:

vice.com/en_us/article/the-prime-minister-of-dick-is-the-best-penis-artist-on-earth-666
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i take it you've never had a job in your life

I literally just bought a printer for my work today

Laser not shitty inkjet, but still. Printers are used all the fucking time.

For those wondering, Brother 3170CDW

most companies print shit they dont even need or use

retarded idiots print out E-Mails all the time

i said .. "sane person" not wagie mcwagecuck who gives himself a feeling superiority by plastering his desk with useless paper cause its free for him to do so

physical archives are the safest way of storing information

I use this exact printer in my workshop.

i should print out the contents of my hard drive

I constantly have to print copies of passports, bank infos and what not for job, healthcare, exams etc...
And since I was tired of having to go outside and pay 20c per page I bought a printer two months ago.
It already managed to jam itself to oblivion on its own a few days ago and I haven't had the courage to take it apart to fix it.

I never had a printer that just worked for more than a few months. Never.

>ITT Thread
Department of redundancy department hard at work working on creating the fabrication of new threads, ladies and gentlemen people.

What kind of printer?

I worked in a print shop for several years and I only buy Epson for inkjets and Brother for lasers. Sometimes Canon for specialty purposes.

Only the important things.

Canon MG5750

fpbp

>Canon MG5750
lol well yeah, good quality photo inkjets cost like $400+

You bought one of the cheapest photo printers on the market made by an okay company. It's not meant for real printer duties, and yeah, they'll get jammed up rather easily.

>Canon MG5750
Well like I said, for inkjets I tend to go for Epson. And look at their offerings for photo printers.

They START at $249.99, and that's for the cheapest one.

as this user said Good photo inkjets cost good money.

>>I DON'T HAVE A CLUE OF WHAT IT IS LIKE TO ATTEND HIGHER EDUCATION OR TO HAVE A JOB. I AM JUST A NEET AND I DO NEET THINGS ALL DAY.

Does Sage even work?

>mfw when i just ordered ink cartridges for one of those because it's the only printer i have and i bought it together with an old toaster, monitor, and box of accessories from some old couple 4 years ago for $20 and i never used it and figure might as well

Hopefully it still works, those old HPs aren't known to age well.

it's a combination printer/scanner, and I always figured I'd get more use out of it as a scanner anyway. i have some very rare printed materials that i've been meaning to digitize and publish online

lol, go spend five minutes in any legal firm you ass

If it's particularly rare, look at using a higher quality scanner.

I work with scanning historical documents a lot (I work at a museum) and you'd be surprised how much difference a good scanner can make for finer detail in fadded art, books, and news paper clippings.

That's literally my printer.

well, it's not like it's priceless, just, rare....
unusual...
actually makes for a very interesting read, which is why I would like disseminating it to people who could use it.

What the fuck is that user?
Get a better scanner. Something that doess 600dpi or higher, you won't regret it.

It's a book written by a nigger (and I use that term endearingly) from South Africa who moved to NYC and started self-publishing these books. I found this on a $1 rack outside the Strand. I assume he just walked up and stuck it in there himself. I've met people who claim to have met him in person because he literally walks (walked) around Manhattan trying to sell these.
Reading the actual text is like ascending to another level of existence. It's very stream of consciousness and repetitive and uses strange phrasings and Capitalized Words for Emphasis.
The main message is that you don't want to be a Sausagehead because Sausagehead is a giant faggot who is rude and stupid and laughs at dumb shit and smells bad and farts a lot. The only way avoid becoming Sausagehead is to turn to GOD for salvation.
He also talks a lot about an angel who visited him when he lived in NJ. The angel had ears like that of a horse and a nose like that of a pig. He spends a good 15-20 pages analyzing the significance of these unusual features.

This book changed my life. No joke. It got me through so really rough times and I love reading from it--by myself, but especially when I'm with others. It's a good litmus test on someone's character to see how they react to it.

That's not a scan, btw, it's a picture I took on my old phone, uploaded to assbook, and then got back when I deleted my account. The actual copy is in my car (I like to keep it close when I travel, you never know when you might need it) and I can't be fucked to go downstairs and dig it out of the snow.

publish the book online idiot

share it

kys yourself

receipts,notices,forms,schedules etc.
I worked in a fucking grocery store a few years ago and we had things to print every single day.

I will when/if I get my scanner to work. Or I can use the one at work but I'm usually too busy to scan a 60-page book page by page.

For now, have a picture of the author

Vice also did a profile of him but like any hipster bullshit, they completely miss the interesting spiritual/philosophical side PMD and instead focus on the art he started making once he realized that hipsters would be much more likely to ironically spend money on caricatures of people made out of dicks than xeroxed booklets preaching salvation through Christ in a way that is both sincere and lighthearted.
vice.com/en_us/article/the-prime-minister-of-dick-is-the-best-penis-artist-on-earth-666
(contrary to what they write, PMD does not stand for "Prime Minister of Dick" because he called himself that well before he started making Dicktures)

Define obsolete, faggot

Do you even k ow what that stands for?

The car phone

I'm still fucking salty, my work has gone through 3 piece of shit printers:

2x HP OfficeJets (a 76xx and an 86xx), both have now had printhead failures. (The magenta printhead always gets streaks. A brand new printhead costs more than the printer, and isn't in HP's stock. Physically cleaning the printhead literally isn't worth my time.)

Ricoh ("Aficio SG3110sfnw") -- the ink can "only" be ordered direct from Ricoh, they sent us 3 units, all 3 had broken duplex units. (I finally managed to get one to work by cannibalizing the replacement printers before returning them.)

It eats ink for breakfast, routinely has nozzle clogs, requires a waste ink collector, and has the most insanely convoluted networking setup I've ever seen. (A *physically* bridged ethernet/wireless interface, requiring a reboot to switch between the two.)

---

At one point I got them to buy a BROTHER printer. It worked *fantastically*, but it didn't have a duplex unit (HL-3140CW.) You know what's really funny? I've never seen anyone use the duplexing units on these godforsaken pieces of shit.

fifth post best post?

>tfw work got me an 11x17 Epson
It's so beautiful my man

>Ricoh ("Aficio SG3110sfnw") -- the ink can "only" be ordered direct from Ricoh, they sent us 3 units, all 3 had broken duplex units. (I finally managed to get one to work by cannibalizing the replacement printers before returning them.)
>It eats ink for breakfast, routinely has nozzle clogs, requires a waste ink collector, and has the most insanely convoluted networking setup I've ever seen. (A *physically* bridged ethernet/wireless interface, requiring a reboot to switch between the two.)

Well my personal experience with Ricoh is pretty good, but I was using 5 of them in a high volume print shop on the overnight shift. They were the big $100,000+ type units, so set up a print job (or a queue of jobs depending what you're doing). I'd come in, set up my jobs for the night, that took about an hour maybe two. Then I just spend the rest of the night refilling paper, emptying paper trays once their filled, and packaging the finished orders.

They worked great, rarely jammed at all. But I also had some Ricoh guy come out when we got em installed to teach me for a few days, and I bet they build em a bit higher quality than those shitty office all in one style.

But yeah, for normal office use I always stick with Brother. If I need an inkjet I go with Epson, especially for photo printing, or Canon.