MORE INFOS ABOUT AMD RYZEN

>IPC is at the least Ivy Bridge-E and higher
>SMT for Ryzen is more efficient then Intel's HyperThreading
>Ryzen has no cold Bug
>Cinebench R15 hits 145 single thread @ 3.4GHz on ES, earlier models hit 130-140, retails should hit 140-150
>Most Ryzen ES samples hit 4.3-4.5GHz MAX on Air with all core enabled
>Intel is testing out Skylake-X, and beats out current 6950X with 8C/16T because it can hit higher clocks.

Other urls found in this thread:

overclock.net/t/1623292/lets-talk-about-a-ryzen-es#post_25845337
anandtech.com/show/9483/intel-skylake-review-6700k-6600k-ddr4-ddr3-ipc-6th-generation/9
pcworld.com/article/3155129/components-processors/amd-says-its-zen-cpu-architecture-is-expected-to-last-four-years.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

up

I love that biostar theme.

which is going to be the better buy out of 1700X, 1700,1600X,1600?

>has no cold bug
What this means

10/10 screenshot technique

Better buy for what purpose?

Gaming? 1600X
Wird Processing? 1800X

>Ryzen has no cold Bug
Fucking awesome. AMD keeps the clocking crown.
>Most Ryzen ES samples hit 4.3-4.5GHz MAX on Air with all core enabled
Air cooling BTFO. Water cooling mustard brace.
>Skylake-X, and beats out current 6950X with 8C/16T because it can hit higher clocks
HAHAHAHAA
Isn't that because of soldered IHS?

So what's the go with XFR and no coldbug. What were the scores?

No scores for now.

overclock.net/t/1623292/lets-talk-about-a-ryzen-es#post_25845337

>145 single thread

This just in, an Intel processor from 2014 BTFOs current AMD technology

It's something that you'll never have to worry about.

Just realized i kniw what this is just not the term. Would be exiciting to some new world record benchmarks since the current are from cpus released years ago

That's good, IPC is on par with haswell then. Skylake is +12% or something, right? Would be nice if it was a bit higher, but given core count, wattage, and pricing it's pretty good. Problem is there's not much reason to upgrade from an i5 class intel, unless your in the 1% or so of power users, and they'd probably go intel again. Though, if you're just doing a normal cycle upgrade there's practically zero reason to buy intel.

>Skylake is +12% or something, right?
anandtech.com/show/9483/intel-skylake-review-6700k-6600k-ddr4-ddr3-ipc-6th-generation/9

Haswell to Broadwell: Average ~3.3% Up
Broadwell to Skylake (DDR3): Average ~2.4% Up
Broadwell to Skylake (DDR4): Average ~2.7% Up

This average includes the Dolphin emulation bench which is a tremendous outlier. If that were excluded then the average uplift between generations would be even smaller.

OK, so more like half that, puts it at about 158 using as a base. Not too bad, and something that could be over come with clocks or on per workload case, depending on how thing shake out. I don't understand why dolphin is considered an outlier though.

Dolphin is using some ridiculously heavy FPU ops that an actual rendering workload doesn't even come near. POV-Ray and Blender both compiled to utilize AVX won't show that much of a generational uplift as shown in Dolphin.

The Skylake i7 6700K at 4ghz/4.2ghz will score 182~ in CB15 single thread.
A Ryzen ES at 3.4ghz is alleged to score 143.
If you divide the performance by the clockspeeds there Zen is still very close to Skylake in a single threaded bench. Though personally I'm far more inclined to rely on POV-Ray than Cinebench for a representation of real world performance.

So you think dolphin will run well on amd finally?

Very likely

Most likely on par with Intel's current line up, at a lower cost which is the major selling point.

>IPC on par with Haswell
>AMD being 2 years behind their competition is a good thing

fucking AMDPoors, man

Haswell is 5% behind Skymeme/Krappylake
how's that 25% tax for 2.5% increase going for you?

here is what I don't get, is it 140pts at 4.0 or at 3.4 or at 4.5?
if it's at 3.4 then goodbye to sandy if not I'd have to skip upgrading again

so it is skylake with 8 cores, way too tempting to get after reading just two reviews
gotta have at least 2 weeks cool off period before buying anything

You paying 1000 for a cpu?

No, it's Haswell with eight cores.
Skylake with 8 cores comes out this year on the new 2066 socket

haswell with 8 cores can't reach 4Ghz
clock for clock it is exactly skylake within ~3%

no, but 500 sounds good

>haswell with 8 cores can't reach 4Ghz
My friend's 5960X says otherwise. Stable on 4.4GHz and his is considered a mild overclock on Haswell-E
>clock for clock it is exactly skylake within ~3%
No, it's more like 6% below skylake, which is about the same as Haswell. Ryzen is equivalent to Haswell.

There is no conclusion on that since the benches with Ryzen are all using a 3.4Ghz cpu with no turbo boost due to the chipset being the 320A, wich is the essentials that do not alow overclocking and no XFR. The memory timings are also terrible (CL17) while they compare with a skylake that goes to 4.2 and have memories way superior.

>Blah blah blah
>Yadda yadda yadda
>AMD blah blah
>AMD yadda yadda
>Intel still wins

>goodbye to sandy
yup

>Blah blah blah
>Yadda yadda yadda
>Cocks blah blah
>Penises yadda yadda
>Im a fag

Intel is for cucks.

>amd can't even beat a 4 year old intel uarch

and we're stuck with zen for 3-4 more years depending on how much glofo delays 7nm. thanks AMD!

>amd can't even beat
In what ways?

Being stuck with Zen isn't that bad. From what the leaks are looking like it's a good processor.
You see, with bulldozer and its leaks, the leaks showed it was FUCKING ASS and a complete and total fucking disaster.

bulldozer was also 4 years behind intel when it launched.

They're just lying now, it's sad. Intel Jews BTFO so hard they can't think straight.

That meant much more back then than it does now.
Over those 4 years, CPU performance actually improved. But between 2017 and 2013?
Fuck all.

Thank us later when Intel drops the price and increases the core and thread counts.

You fuccboi for fun money

Sandy bridge came out in 2011 so more like 6 years with little improvement

New arch is releasing every year, shill.

[citation needed]

pcworld.com/article/3155129/components-processors/amd-says-its-zen-cpu-architecture-is-expected-to-last-four-years.html

pro overclockers love to Liquid nitrogen cpus for super ultra overclocks
recently CPU's have had a bug where they wont start if they are SUPER COLD
so this means overclockers can freeze the fk out of rizen and OC wiht no worry

? i'm glad you agree with me then, papermaster pretty clearly stated that the zen uarch would have a lifespan of 4 years, to be succeeded by zen+ when glofo's 7nm process is ready.

think about it and it will make sense

You're an utter retard.
Zen+ isn't 7nm arch, its still 14nm LPP.
Zen in 2017
Zen+ in 2018
Zen++ in 2019
New arch revision every single year year. Work on Zen+ was under way in May of 2015. Feel free to keep shilling though.
Probably desperate since intel won't have 7nm parts on the market until 2021, probably still grossly inferior bulk silicon too.

>Work on Zen+ was under way in May of 2015.

design doesn't start after the process is ready you idiot, these uarch are usually designed years in advance

>New arch revision every single year year.

lol no, maybe some 'optimizations' like deneb -> thuban, zambezi -> vishera and skylake -> kabylake are. we already know from AMD's roadmaps that zen+ will not be released until glofo's 7nm process is ready.

What part of tock, tock, tock don't you understand?
New arch every single year. He didn't say it was tick, tic, tick. Its not a minor optimization every year, its new arch.
Its pathetic that your life is so worthless you have nothing to do but lie on the internet.

>Its pathetic that your life is so worthless you have nothing to do but lie on the internet.

nobody is lying, you are just a fanboy in denial.

it's ok, you will get your haswell perf 4 years later, and you will get your skylake perf in 4 more years. i will continue waiting for amd or intel to step up to the plate and put out a compelling product, because right now nothing offers a credible upgrade from sandy bridge era hardware.

I've never overclocked before. I plan on buying a Ryzen and one of those all-in-one liquid cooling solutions. Is it as simple as changing a setting nowadays? Is there a risk I destroy my shit or have they idiot-proofed this process?

>“We’re not going tick-tock,” he said. “Zen is going to be tock, tock, tock.”
A tock every year for 4 years. This is an explicit statement.
Pathetic lying shill.

rehashed chips =/= new microarchitecture

AMD released 4 'tocks' for Stars/Phenom II and had four planned for Bulldozer as well (they ended up only releasing two of them).

The difference in performance between all of them was zero, the only difference being that the last Phenom II '''tock''' had 6 cores instead of 4.

It's pretty retard proof.

I'm a complete dumbass who broke a mounting clip on my H100, 3/4 clips still worked plenty good.

Oh look, the little sad shill is still trying to lie.
The only major revision to the K10 core family after the Phenom IIs launched came in Llano. A single real arch change.
Bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller, and Excavator all got released. Every single one of them showed a notable uplift in IPC and decrease in power consumption.

You're not even trying, you're just too stupid. Sad.

tock, tock, tock
worked great for Intel for past 6 gens.

>Steamroller, and Excavator

cutting l2 cache in half does not make it a distinct uarch, lol.

>Every single one of them showed a notable uplift in IPC and decrease in power consumption.

so notable that AMD didn't even bother releasing anything but gimped APUs despite hemorrhaging hundreds of millions of dollars per quarter.

>haswell perf

Leaks already showed Zen to only be around Sandy/Ivy perf, so AMD is actually closer to 6 years behind Intel. 5 if you want to be generous and start counting from Sandy-E instead.

>shilling this hard

It's OK. You'll find something new to give your life meaning.

>mfw """sidegrading""" from my Sandy i7-2600K to Ryzen and Intel shills can't do anything about it

>misaligned text, mismatched font and fucked up logo

nice try amd minister of truth

Sad little shill, grasping at straws.

that's a pretty shitty sidegrade unless you desperately need the extra cores. why spend $500 on new cpu+mobo+ram for equivalent perf?

if you don't go around bumping voltage to maximum you are 99.999% safe.

I really can't decide if i should go for the 1500 or 1700... I'm building in an ITX so i don't really want to risk the 90w chips.

For gaming the 1500 is probably "good enough" for practically any game i can throw at it, right?

Lol, the 1500 is fucking weak.
Intel Pentium performance

Who that qt

Isn't it the i5 competitor? I'd consider the 1600 but as i said, i have concerns with using one in my ITX case

There should be ITX coolers that can work for 95W, even the AMD Wraith stock one has Evo 212 perf and it's small.

Lol. Isn't it the lowest end 6c cpu? Just oc it to 4ghz and you're fine

just get the 1700 and OC it past the 1800x.
if you want to game get the 1500.

Wrong. 1700X for gaming
1800X is only worth buying if you don't want to play the silicon lottery

>single core still behind 7700k and the 7600k
Guess I'm getting a fucking 7600k, I just wish Intel prices drop a bit because of this

Vivid
LED
DJ

>wanting single core

kys, stop fucking giving intel money you piece of shit

But I need a good single core performance. I'll gladly buy AMD for less if it offers me that but so far it doesn't

It has better single core performance per clock user
read the charts..

No, it doesn't

Yes, it does.

Ryzen at 3.4ghz - 2,046
Kaby Lake i7 7700K at 3.4ghz - 1973

uhh yea it does..

go back to Sup Forums

1600X

doesn't matter because even the boost clock of the 7700k is higher than that
I'm going to wait for this to come out but it's going to disappoint again, I just hope it lowers the price of its competition

>no iGPU wich sucks for GPU passthrough
>less performance than 5 years old CPU
>we don't even know if AMD's lying

I really, really, REALLY wonder why I should even consider these if I can go for an i7 6950x

And you can overclock every Ryzen chip.
So you don't have a single point to make.

>doesn't matter that Zen chips have higher IPC
Okay, what's next.

give me the OC single core benchmarks then

nice meme comrade

bulldozer was announced to have bad single thread performance before it was released.. by AMD

fans hyped it

jim motherfucking keller the based god himself made zen so gfy

Thanks intel, your shilling has not gone unnoticed.
I guess your employers are really panicking over this one.

How about you wait two weeks for the reviews like everybody else, you dumb shill?

>I guess your employers are really panicking over this one.
Thay fired 12k poojeets like a week ago.

be dismissive all you want, the single core performance I've seen so far is abysmal. but like I said on the other post I'm willing to wait

Intel have literally shit the bed. Thank you based Lisa

>literally said I'm waiting on my previous post

Is there anything Jim Keller(peace be upon him) can't do?

>abysmal
Ranjeet no.