Do you use a tablet and stylus to note take for class?

Do you use a tablet and stylus to note take for class?

If so what tablet do you use and do you like it?

Other urls found in this thread:

medicaldaily.com/why-using-pen-and-paper-not-laptops-boosts-memory-writing-notes-helps-recall-concepts-ability-268770
lifehacker.com/5738093/why-you-learn-more-effectively-by-writing-than-typing
npr.org/2016/04/17/474525392/attention-students-put-your-laptops-away
scientificamerican.com/article/a-learning-secret-don-t-take-notes-with-a-laptop/
lifehack.org/articles/featured/writing-and-remembering-why-we-remember-what-we-write.html
Sup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

*to take notes

I used a laptop with a stylus to take notes. Typing everything I could then flipping it into to a tablet when I needed to draw diagrams and shit

Is pic related the one you use?is it good? Battery life?

I'd really love one to get back into drawing on. Not really sure what the most cost effective way is any more however.

Surface book is great but out of my price range, surface pro i can just about afford but i have concerns about it being a pure tablet... i could get a refurbished iPad pro, I'm not really sure what other tablets/hybrids compete.

That's what I used a couple years ago. I love the laptop but battery life's lacking, only lasted about 4.5 hours. There are slice batteries for it too if you're interested in that but I'd go for something newer. Can't give you any recommendations, I haven't been following the laptop game, but I can say that using a convertible laptop is definitely the best way to take notes.

Been pondering getting 53's Pencil. Though much of the motivation has been just the desire to buy stuff.

I was looking at the pipo w1 pro it's around $200 and comes with a keyboard and stylus.

I just have concerns about Chinktabs reliability, battery life, etc.

Though $200 is practically disposable.

Yeah that's the only reason I'm looking at chinktabs, they seem to be the only ones who are doing the whole stylus and tablet at a reasonable price.

i use a mechanical keyboard with extra loud keys.

Tablets are a meme.
They are slow, they distract you and they are not ideal for taking notes.

I know this is not as exciting as buying a $500 tablet, but I think you should invest in a good note taking setup.
Buy a low profile spiral, take blank paper from the printer (blank paper is better than squared paper which is better than lined paper) and make yourself a book.
Then invest in some good pens and take notes this way.

It is much faster, much cheaper (although certainly not free if you go for good pens) and you can easily commit the things you write down on paper compared to what you write on a tablet.

Laptops are not good for note taking either, but they are good for making reports and rewriting your notes at the end of the week.

Yeah but one note syncs all my notes and having it transfer to my main computer without having to type it all up saves lots of time and is nice.

I've got a normal Surface 3, it's nreally nice and compact, full Win10, then pen is really comfortable, and taking notes on it during class is much nicer imo than typing stuff out, if I wrote it down I can remember stuff easier.

It's a little smaller than the Surface Pro 3, less resolution (still, 1920x1280 with a godly 3:2 aspect ration in a sub 11-inch-display is enough), weaker processor (doesn't matter a lot to me, still have a desktop)
9-10h battery life is amazing, it barely gets hot, no fan noise, Surface 4 pen works on it with its interchangeable tips, Type Cover is actually really pleasant to type on, but the trackpad is kinda small.

USB3, micro-USB and mini-DisplayPort are also nice to have.

You are a student.
You are supposed to spend time with the subjects.
Reviewing what is crucial information at a later time not only forces you to think about what was said, but let's you turn the notes into something you can directly use in preparation for your exams.

Ipad pro and apple pencil.

Shit is definitely good

Galaxy Note 10.

Text books on the top, Notes on the bottom, recording the lecture right up front.

I hated it at first, with a felt tip and rough anti-glare screen protector it helped a shit ton in feeling like actual pen and paper.

Old as shit now, but it did everything I needed it to.

Is there a decent tablet available for me to just casually browse the internet, read ebooks, and read manga?

I want something comfy and not too expensive. It can be an older model.

Pls help

You might be on the wrong track here.. not sure how pen input helps your desired activities

The best one

You realize for a "tablet" you're talking about notebook that is laughably thick by today's standards?

This unironically.

kek

I use a shitty samsung tablet with an S-Pen and OneNote. It's pretty good. Wish the stylus was better, though. Only $300, so pretty good purchase imo.

> captcha
comfee 84442

And?

You can use bigger wacom pens that feel better.

It makes writing actually pleasurable.

I would say pen and notebook is best desu. But if you insist on an electronic method than a surface 3 will be best price to efficiency/comfort ratio. Avoid convertible laptops at all costs. Laptops that double as tablets are a no but tablets that can double as light ultrabooks or notebooks are good.

If you want to lose most of the benefits of a tablet, including portability (yes, you can carry your x220t/x230t, but it is multiples in thickness of a modern tablet, and battery life, you are welcome to do so. I think the term "tablet" is too generous for these models. "Convertible" is the more accurate term, and even then, there are better choices where you don't have to reapply thermal paste. Motherboard batteries are coming upon their hour, etc.

tl;dr, we live in the current year of cheapest computing. If you're going to buy something used, don't buy something coming up to 5 years or more.

Fuck off to your shithole.

I used to use an Asus Vivotab Note 8 for taking notes, but I stopped when Microsoft fucked up OneNote since there are no good handwriting applications available now.
>just install Linux xd
32-bit UEFI and the processor isn't supported

Nobody's trying to pass off a laptop as a tablet, they're suggesting superior alternatives to tablets.
>If you're going to buy something used, don't buy something coming up to 5 years or more
That's just dumb.

>That's just dumb.
If you never leave your house and watch Chinese cartoons all day, maybe.

Nice assumptions, tripfag. I'm not a basement dwelling weeb.

hi microsoft marketing person

hi retard

Where do you dwell then, weeb?
>inb4 "I'll show 'em, I'll say I have my own house!"

I have Nvidia Shield with stylus and tried to use it for note taking for some time. What I found:
a) Writing and drawing on tablet is slower and less accurate
b) You can fit way less text/drawings on the screen
c) You are constantly distracted
d) Somehow it feels you learn less by writing and reading compared to using paper and pen
The benefits of using tablet are just not worth it imho.

I meant I'm neither a basement dweller nor a weeb, dumbass.
>>inb4 "I'll show 'em, I'll say I have my own house!"
Do you think everyone on this board lives with their parents? How delusional are you?

Where do you dwell then, weeb?

my parents' attic
i pay rent tho

I use a ThinkPad X220t as my daily driver at Uni. It serves me well although Windows 10 gives me driver issues with the trackpad from time to time and the battery life is lacking(old Chinese '9-cell' battery, gets ~3-4 hours max). I take notes digitally whenever possible using OneNote and it has significantly increased my productivity while studying because I can pull up my notes on my desktop easily to review them alongside other study materials or homework. Also, no paper notes means less shit I have to carry, less shit I have to physically keep track of etc. The computer runs everything fine, IDEs, Photoshop, productivity software, etc. MSATA SSD for faster boot/loading times. For games, anything beyond emulation, Runescape, CS:S, and maybe Minecraft(low settings/fps) is gonna be a problem but for ~$200 I'd highly recommend it as a poor man's alternative to a Surface for note taking.

Confirmed for being an illiterate retard

you piece of shit

My laptop/tablet is a surface pro 3. I do everything on it that doesn't require a lot of power. I work as a cloud consultant so setting up servers and shit.

For "power hungry" shit like games, rendering and similar I just use my desktop.

you nigger

Updated the trackpad? Need to do that myself.

>the kids have now regressed to writing by hand
>on digital devices
please god just let an asteroid hit us

I fail to see the issue. Writing on glass is very nice and you don't get the side of your hand covered in pencil lead

No, never.

Because actually writing on paper is better for memorizing and learning.

I kept a notebook and one of those 4 color Bic pens. Basically filled out two notebooks with every information about the stuff I was learning and read it every day.

Got a great grade during the finals.

Writing with a tablet is literally no different. It's not the material that helps you retain info, it's the act of writing your notes, which is the same be it on glass or paper.

Doesn't feel the same.

Not to mention that most cheap tablets are quite unreliable for writing since the stylus are shit for that kind of stuff.

It feels better to have something physical.

you can type at 2x the rate and draw where necessary you little retard

Feel has nothing to do with retaining information, that's personal preference.

It's been proven that writing is better for retaining information than typing.

How did your parents not block this site?

How have you not been banned yet?

yes, surface pro 4
is nice I guess
fuck off paper and pen industry shill

Yes it's personal choice.

I also don't have to charge my paper notebooks, so that's another nice thing.

Even for work I use a Filofax to keep certain info.

For what, suggesting not to throw money at an old "meme" computer? I don't know.

For shitposting outside of Sup Forums

Whadya mean? I bought the 2nd gen 12" TPY when it came out. I know the first one didn't have the trackpad buttons but I dunno it's they're swappable.

>It's been proven that writing is better for retaining information than typing.
>cargo cult

medicaldaily.com/why-using-pen-and-paper-not-laptops-boosts-memory-writing-notes-helps-recall-concepts-ability-268770
lifehacker.com/5738093/why-you-learn-more-effectively-by-writing-than-typing
npr.org/2016/04/17/474525392/attention-students-put-your-laptops-away
scientificamerican.com/article/a-learning-secret-don-t-take-notes-with-a-laptop/
lifehack.org/articles/featured/writing-and-remembering-why-we-remember-what-we-write.html

Sup Forums.org/rules
Please give yourself a quick rundown on #2, #3, and #6, for the betterment on the community.

I'm well aware of the rules, dipshit.

>illiterate retards confusing correlation and causation
>sources: lifehacker, npr
fucking kek

x1 Yoga. Shitposting on it right now.

I needed a W10 8-inch tablet, stylus or not. But I can't find almost any. Can't buy the dell venue 8 pro

Why 8 inch? Dell venue 8 is the closest you're going to get with a digitizer.

Actually it's not for me, it's my dad. He wants to work with a few Windows exclusive applications which don't require a high resolution and can be used just fine on such screen.

I'm trying to find that one in my country but I'm afraid it's getting rather difficult.

Yeah they don't make em anymore. That's why they're so expensive

New Samsung Tab 3 will have an s pen built in. The Nvidia shield is also 8" and has a stylus.

nobody believes any of this shit is anything other than microsoft marketing

it's obvious

Applel shill detected

>Do you use a tablet
Yes
>to note take for class?
No, they are all shit. Use a pen ad paper, or a laptop.

I just did a quick search and gave you the first five links, you moron.

>this is a tech board

>people are suggesting pen and paper

Jesus Christ

>he's never seen the pen and pencil threads

Like most professionals I use pic related. Only bring something else to class if you like getting laughed at. Only thing else that is acceptable is a MBP13 or MBA.

You'd think a part of the job of being a shill would consist of training on how not to look like one