How did RGB lighting and "gaming gear" get popular again...

How did RGB lighting and "gaming gear" get popular again? For a time it seemed like the high end moved towards sleek minimalist Scandinavian design. Now RGB control is built into every high end component.

Other urls found in this thread:

toymakerproject.com/hammer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

PC gaming became normie tier after the rise of streaming. Since kids are the main purveyors, they dictate the market sadly.

all of the gay ass "post your desktop, post your battlestation" threads leaked from Sup Forums and onto normal sites, and everyone got all interested, and wanted stuff like that, but when searching for parts, they saw "oh what pretty colors" and everything got 60% gayer than it was before.

One good reason it got popular is because people are always going to want there shiny LEDs and RGB stuff has gotten cheap to make. So instead of making different color LED filled shit its easier to just sell RGB

Maybe I was just imagining it but it seemed like for a year or maybe two all lighting was frowned upon.

Nobody really wants it unless you're a battle station Reddit fag or a fucking kid falling for marketing.

Honestly, the amount of times I've had to tell fuckers "Don't buy LED fans, believe me, they're a fucking waste. You sit down at your desk and after a while, you'll turn on the PC and you won't even notice them"

It's always been frowned upon, doesn't change how popular they've been since the mid 2000s because of plebs

>How did RGB lighting and "gaming gear" get popular again?
Gay lobby gained a lot more power during Obama years. Being a faggot became a lot more accepted. People started coming out of closets.

So all this RGB lighting faggotry (aka LGBT lighting) became more acceptable and gaymers decided that being a flaming homosexual was OK.

I'm getting ready to build my first PC since i5 2500k release and RGB seems to be the current motherboard and case hot feature.

But the fuckers still can't give me from USB 3.1 at 10Gbps.

It wasn't universally frowned upon, its just that with the minimalism rage less LEDs made there way into cases. People figured out you can mix different colors of light to get any color you want which appealed to people who love there "themed" builds

nice b8

>nice b8
Not bait. It's the truth and you know it. Heterosexual males find all this "LGBT lighting" disgusting and gay.

I doesn't matter if the RGB comes free...

It's just people who pay the extra fucking fortune just for shit they don't need / will never look at.

>not bait
Well if you say so.

>light that emits the color spectrum is homosexual

Cooler Master has resisted the siren call.

For now.

>It's just people who pay the extra fucking fortune just for shit they don't need / will never look at.

The point is that those RGB-standard boards have that feature developed for them at the expense of actually delivering useful features like USB 3.1 that delivers the advertised speeds. I want data transfer speed, not pretty color lights that change based on how many charlies I'm fragging per minute.

dying market with barely any new innovations so they have to come up with shitty features like rgb to justify the price

gay manchild detected

No need to be hostile, we are all faggots here.

Now let me fuck you with this LED dildo and lets see what your stomach looks like glowing.

>bought CM 690 II back in 2011
>front fan has blue LEDs but haven't turned them on since I built the machine
>otherwise a god tier case

I will continue to pray that they don't fall into the same trap.

D-does that actually happen?

toymakerproject.com/hammer/

Well, you used an awful example.

RGB lighting has gotten to a point where it's a lot softer, better concealed, without jarring points of it, and with deeper colors. So it actually looks good.

Before it was like track lighting. Now it's like nice recessed accent lighting when done well.

That looks like Piss Christ.

Amber doesn't mean it's upscale, they just hid the LED strips better, it's the same ricer shit as cold cathodes, only now it's all run off of your motherboards USB2 controller.

That Piss Christ looks great, tho

the masterkeys pro is god-tier

that dude seems to have been severely dehydrated

Kids like shiny things and they're the target audience for anything with the word "gamer" in the name.