Why are people in computing technology are so unconcerned about their outward appearance?

Why are people in computing technology are so unconcerned about their outward appearance?

Exhibit A: Linus is wearing sandals with fucking socks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B7En0z2A38c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because men chose function over form. If you want pretty things to match your tampons and purse then go to the apple threads on /fa/ and /lgbt/.

Setting aside the people who do it "ironically" or as some kind of counter-culture statement, I think it comes down to learned priorities. Lots of values come from social impressions. If looking good and dressing in particular ways isn't impressed upon you, you don't prioritize it.

For what it's worth I think Linus is clearly in the first category I described.

why should I care about looks? if people judge me based on what I wear they're probably shallow incompetent retards

as long as you care about personal hygiene you can wear whatever the fuck you want and any professional person will look at your skill over whether your pants are matching your shirt and whether the pants aren't 1cm too long or too short or similar completely retarded bullshit for literal insecure attention seeking faggots

>Linus is wearing sandals with fucking socks.
So?

He has like 4 earrings, gels his hair and wears a good watch. That shows that he does have the intention to make a good impression on people.

>as long as you care about personal hygiene
Why is this important?

Sandals with socks is a west coast thing and its not considered odd at all here.

The air from the pacific ocean makes athletes foot grow like a motherfucker if you sweat in your sandals. Socks prevent that.

>Linus is wearing sandals with fucking socks
that's his shtick

It's rage inducing

Right, which is why I put him in the "ironic"/statement group. He has the priority or intention or whatever you want to call it.

>It's rage inducing
Why?

Have the YouTube version

youtube.com/watch?v=B7En0z2A38c

OP: basing an opinion on someone's appearance or clothing.

Linus: not giving a fuck.

Linus wins by default and gets paid by you watching him.

Because it's literally detrimental to your peers' ability to do work if you're fucking disgusting.

Men care about women too, If you want any you better start buying some decent clothes.

>caring what others think
Sounds like you have a persecution complex.

I hope you take showers.

Why does this matter?
You haven't formed a single argument.

You really dont care what other think of you at all? Dont you have friends? Do you not want any?

>insecure attention seeking faggots
Is this a bait? Wtf is wrong with you guys? Dont you wanna look good? I know you would feel better if you did. >i feel fine fuck off
I mean BETTER . Have you guys just completley given up socially?

Your sense of self-worth is completely dependent on other people's opinion of you.

Nigga,

I can take a shower, brush my teeth, shave, clip my nails, moisturize my skin and still fucking wear socks with sandals, sweatpants, and a t-shirt a size too big.

>Linus is a youtuber and tech reviewer
I hate what this board has become.

What exactly is wrong with socks and sandals?

I wanna have friends
I wanna have a girlfriend
I wanna give my potential New friends and girlfriend a good first impression.
I know my self worth, Other people dont.
Why would you refuse to better yourself like this user?

doesn't sound like it's working if you're on Sup Forums at 9 in the morning

Forgot pic

Its not 9 in the morning everywhere in the world retard.

>Giving (You)'s to bottom feeding trolls who come on Sup Forums to troll not actually knowing shit about technology
>Not realizing you can simply ignore these bottom feeding, mouth breathers who don't know shit about anything

>Men care about women too
lol no

sexbots soon

I use non-propriety software whenever possible, with KDE Neon as my OS.

Come at me bro.

I know but i feel like most these guys are shut off disgusting unhygienic angsty teenagers for real. I mean this is the place they would be right?

for all we know, he could be wearing them specifically to trigger you

Socks and sandles are /comfy/ as fuck

Second only to slippers and a bathrobe

Wow, glad I'm so glad I don't know you.

>Linus is wearing sandals with fucking socks.
I wear sandals/slippers with socks too, motherfucker.

It's my house and I can wear whatever the fuck I want.

because we aren't over prideful desperate attention seeking faggots

go watch beyonce

>currently wearing my fedora and video game t shirt

you guys are the degenerate ones

go read a book

>computing technology
>linus

Bruv you haven't lived till you rocked socks n sandals

Everyone in Southlake Union wears skintight pants. That's hip, right?

I agree with you user but for slightly different reasons. I wear things that I like a lot and I'm a little bit fashion savvy. My mom has pointed out to me in the past saying that often people in the field don't usually care about things like that (she thinks one affects the other as if me trying to dress nice or be fashionable will take from my time dedicated to pursuing my career). But I only do this so I can fit with my definition of looking clean and of course feel good through looking good. It's menial sounding I know but I mean where's the harm? I pay no mind to what others think of it whether positive or negative. It's just the image of myself that I like to own.

Why does anyone still care about this faggot? Wasn't it enough watching him trying to recover data from his retarded monster raid5 array made up of shitty Kingston SSDs?

> Sup Forums is full of ugly nerds who turn to technology in lieu of a social life

or at least, that's who this thread baits out lol

linus has a wife and kids and probably makes more than a living off his internet shit he has absolutely no reason to care

>tripfag
>anime image
>real men

it's also a dad thing, and considering how linus has 3 kids....

>so unconcerned about their outward appearance?
Because it doesn't matter a fuck, you've been brainwashed to think it matters by corporate shills who just want your dollars.