Windows cucks of Sup Forums

Windows cucks of Sup Forums

What's actually holding you back from switching away from Windows for good fully over to a Linux distribution?

Linux desktop actually being usable and not built on a clusterfuck of shit like X.Org.

This desu

/thread

oh my god this

>implying windows is usable
Even MacOS is built on x

Ditched Windows years ago, now with Windows 10 I'm sure I'm not going back.

A better unified installation process, make install is fucking stupid

My home pc is for shitposting and play games. If i wanted to program i would just install a vm but i never program at home because after 40 hours of programming at work thenlast thing i want to do is program more at home.

Baby
Duck
Syndrome

I've just switched back to windows after 2 years of using Linux exclusively. I mostly ran Debian and Arch, but also noob distros like Ubuntu and Manjaro. The user experience is rubbish across the board. You have to make curating your fucking computer you hobby. No linux distro ticks all the boxes I want, so I might as well at the very least have a computer I don't have to spend time managing.

It just wreks on my 3 year old low tier dell inspiron without any hiccups.

Compatibility with normies

Bullshit.

Gaymes
Adobe CS
DRIVERS

They replaced it long ago. X11 is ok for me though.

I mean, I run Windows 7 on my tower at home, and Ubuntu on my laptop and honestly they're both equally good.

vidya

delet

Once I can use my DAW and my over 50 VSTs on Linux, while not losing performance, I would give up on Windows.

Is GPU performance in linux on par with Windows yet?

Adobe Photoshop
Ableton Live
All relevant drivers

How is it not usable? How am I doing a degree on Linux more easily than on Windows then?

>Doing a degree
What did he mean by this

Gayems, and performance. I keep trying linux for games every so often, but I lose a lot of frames over Windows for some games I like.

As l33t as the DEs are in linux, they really don't offer me anything worth moving for. If I need a shell for programming or something I just ssh into a vm on my server

1 reason. I like to record and render videos in Adobe Premiere of Thief: The Dark Project. Find a way I can do this in Linux without it being heavily unstable and I will gladly switch.

This. I forgot about the Adobe software.
Also, amazing taste in skins for Ableton, I use it too.

Literally games.

t. cygwin user

muh games

Games. Tried Arch for about 3 months, it was fun messing around with shit but I primarily use my computer for games and WINE was too much of a hassle and Steam was annoying even for Linux-compatible games. Constantly had driver issues with certain games and just setting up Steam to work on Arch was a pain. (Although it seems like they've streamlined it a bit, before I had to hunt down the various 32-bit libraries, reading the Arch wiki it looks like it's a lot easier to find everything now)

Isn't it still based on x? I mean, they didn't replace everything

I can't/don't want to change from Windows for the specific software I have to use every day. Should I get a memeberry to explore Linux? Just what is this little niglet capable of?

You should explore linux in a virtual machine, you don't have to buy another computer like memeberry.

I'm a .NET developer / sysadmin with 10+ years of experience, and enjoy gaymen from time to time

I use linux for certain applications, just not as my daily desktop OS

Best use I have found for the RPI is a retro console emulator / Kodi media server.

My bro is currently using his to host a simple website and stream video from an attached camera.

but as this dude said if you want to try out linux just run it in a VM or setup a free tier AWS EC2 instance.

fpbp

I don't use my PC for anything other than video games.

the ability to run my business

i need photoshop, other windows only tools

windows just werks man

Autodesk suite

feels good not to be a liberal arts faggot chained to a specific platform/vendor.

video games

i dont care enough

Stability, video performance

Baby duck syndrome

Because I want my video games.

Most Winfags would prefer to let everyone else do that first because they're sheep.