Google is fucking dead to me

Just this morning I still held cautious respect for google. They've always been competent enough to not get in my way, despite being botnet.

But now I'm locked out of one of my email accounts. Pic related is what comes up when I enter the correct email and password. There is no phone or email associated with this account because I'm not a fucking retard who ties all his accounts together because he can't generate and remember strong passwords.

I've done nothing wrong yet google is able to outright cripple my operations without telling me what they have a problem with. This email happens to be the one I use for domain registration and hosting.

When did things get so bad? When did every fucking website require you to have an account using a bloated, outdated, and frankly broken protocol which is hard if not impossible (depending on isp) to host yourself?

In any case, google can die in a fire. What do I use for email now, Sup Forums?

>I'm not a fucking retard who ties all his accounts together
Yet you're too retarded to read english

how do you figure

I've already tried all the options on that page.

Plus, it's not ok for it to be asking me for a phone number for verification when there never was a phone number associated with the account before.

>There is no phone or email associated with this account

Google aren't claiming there is. Loosen your underpants elastic and reread what they say.

This dialog doesn't associate the number you enter with your account. It's a one time usage.

Work on your reading comprehension

You're making about as much sense as google is. Please tell me, how does this phone number process do anything to verify I am the owner of the account?

>try another way to sign in
>or give the botnet your # to text and confirm

It's not hard. It's not saying you have a phone tied to it, it's saying use your phone to authenticate.

Work on your general comprehension.

t. not OP

sure, larry

Google is just trying to verify you're in the country you set up the account in. It's really not that difficult of a concept. Ex: they send a text to a number that's in the UK you receive and give them the code. You're obviously in the UK.

Yeah, and why?

Why would it need anything else than the login and password?
Where does it say that it will arbitrarily try to trick you into giving up your phone number and lock you out of your account for no reason?

Only idiots use gmail now.

I guess they don't trust my IP?

Somewhat unrelated, there was isp outages last night meaning my IP might have changed, possibly triggering this.

This thing happened to me too just recently. I've tried to confirm its me by using another email, the jews sent the email code, I've put it in but it said that it can't verify me.

I am locked out of my account and there is no way to unlock it without a cell phone number. Fuck google.

People don't care about privacy.

I would never give my phone number to jewgle.

I thought about giving yik yak a try this week. Install the app, the very first thing they ask for is my mobile number.

Apparently, they *need* it.

I miss the old internet.

hold up I'm going to try a google voice number

It worked

Are you retarded, that screen isn't asking for a phone number associated with your account. It's just asking you for a phone number so they can verify it's not some sort of bot or something. I've had this happen when I logged into my account through a vpn.

awww, cute.

you're too much of a little bitch to get rid of google

I still want to get away from this garbage. How does Sup Forums do email reliably without botnet?

>hi, this is google!
>we think youre account might be compromised!
>In order to access that account, you have to give us a cellphone number
>because no criminal would do that, only the legitimate owner

fuck.
so far, they only locked me out and told me to log in via a webbrowser when I'm travelling and are on a new network or on hotel wifi.
Every
fucking
time

Hopped over the border to the next country?
>locked out
Logged in some shitty hotel wifi
>locked out
new carrier?
>locked out
new hotel?
>locked out
starbucks wifi?
>locked out
aiport wifi?
>locked out

I can't really take them serious as anything besides a shitmailing provider.

f-droid
xposed

amazon for purchases

>There is no phone or email associated with this account because I'm not a fucking retard

stop right there kiddo.

you are a fucking retard.

>This email happens to be the one I use for domain registration and hosting.

lol

a huge fucking retard

this is normal if you work with many VPS/VPN connections, i.e. have lots of IP's as well as sandboxed environments such as Tor or VM's.

Your "habits" are too unpredictable, it's obvious that a company that operates through knowing a lot of about their customers dislikes that.

They will obviously link the number with the account to prevent it from being used for 200 other accounts, otherwise a bot could just use one number for multiple accounts anyways

>hurr durr ur returd
>too afraid to say why

any advice on what to use that works well and isn't botnet?

You:

HELP HELP OH GOD THE GOOGLE FUCKING IS LACKIN ME OUTAA MY STAFF!!!!@!! FUCKKC MOMOOMMMMMHELP

Sup Forums SEE HOW GOOGLE IS SO BAD THEYRE ASKING FOR MY PHONE NUMBER HOW COULD THEY WHEN I NEVER PUT A PHONE NUMBER ON MY ACCOUNT GOSH IT CANT POSSIBLY BE LIKE MY ACCOUNT IS FUCKING COMPROMISED OH NO OBVIOUSLY I AM NOT RETARDED SO IT COULD NEVER BE COMPROMISED NOT ME NEVER DEFINTELY NOT LIKE BIG SPOOKY GOOGLE IS PROTECTING ME FROM SOMEONE LITERALLY FUCKING TRYING TO COMPROMISE MY ACCOUNT OH GEE NO THATYS JUST FUCKING PROPSOTROUS

>When did things get so bad?
a few years ago.
It started with not being able to make a new email with any major company without giving them your phonenumber.
The turn it off every so often just to stay relevant and prevent an upraising.

Google has me locked out of a few accounts right now.

Also yahoo is demanding my brother respond to a phone number he hasnt had in 15 years.

for email?

cock.li

Looks retarded, is managed by a overly-secure NEET but does the job. If you want something semi-serious you'll have to host yourself.

do I have to spell it out for you you braindead cunt?

If you're using an email for important shit you have to have a secondary email / phone for account recovery.

what is a burner

try harder

>I'm too incompetent to generate strong passwords and write them down securely
>I rely on the joke that is 2factor auth

just use a google voice number
;^)

T R Y H A R D E R

F A G G O T
F F F F F F F
A A A A A A
GG G G G G
G G G G G G
O O O O O
T T T T T

not hard enough

They do that now with every account. I've made 2 throwaway crap address recently and both times after I create it log out and try to login "Suspicious Activity Verify ID"

Google you BASTARDS!!!!

underrated post

You can disable 2fa

> Leaving 2fa enabled without a 2nd factor

Dumb dushman monkey

Smh OP, did you even try....? Please work on your reading comprehension skills senpai.

Just use an airmail.cc domain on cock.li

Not retarded enough to tie accounts together but retarded enough to get cucked out of an email lmao

says the dumb cunt locked out of his email account

it's a bunch of yelling not reflecting what's going on

try reading

bro stop posting u making urself look even more stupid

just go away you're not going to get anything positive from this

Thx senpaitachi but desu

Underrated post of the year

Terrorists use gmail drafts to communicate, they want your phone number to protect you from multiple people signing in and using the account.

the only stupid thing I've done here is try to speak straight with a bunch of shitposters
Sup Forums isn't what it used to be

>use google voice number
...but that's what I did

>Just this morning I still held cautious respect for google. They've always been competent enough to not get in my way, despite being botnet.
>But now I'm locked out of one of my email accounts. Pic related is what comes up when I enter the correct email and password. There is no phone or email associated with this account because I'm not a fucking retard who ties all his accounts together because he can't generate and remember strong passwords.
>I've done nothing wrong yet google is able to outright cripple my operations without telling me what they have a problem with. This email happens to be the one I use for domain registration and hosting.
>When did things get so bad? When did every fucking website require you to have an account using a bloated, outdated, and frankly broken protocol which is hard if not impossible (depending on isp) to host yourself?
>In any case, google can die in a fire. What do I use for email now, Sup Forums?
Well you didn't haved a strong password
Like Haxx0RuxRex21
You let your account open and click nasty ugly ass link that make your account compromised
Afgany boy ? You terrie ?

>assuming I don't use a crypto grade rng to generate my passwords
this is a too low quality of b8 4me
I'm out

Op they are checking to see if it's a bottle trying to log in. Maybe your """pass got leaked""" and they're trying to protect you with tracking which ones phone use for the NSA and selling the data to advertisers

fucking snackbar