So how big of a problem is smoking around computers?

So how big of a problem is smoking around computers?

I'll be moving in with my girlfriend and she's got the nasty habit of smoking indoors. Some windows are usually open as well as a fan going to keep the air moving.

With monthly up keep on cleaning my computer would the smoke still be that much of a problem? I've got the Fractal R5 so it's got several dust filters on there. But I don't think that would be enough.

Thoughts?

>about to go LIVING with a literal cancer factory
>worried about his computer

>Thoughts?

Dump her.

Get a nice HEPA unit, like the Winix 5300-2, or that big cylindrical Honeywell (not actually made by them, and you need to get third party filters if you don't want to stack three donuts). Or make her smoke outside. Even you-are-peeins have the sense to do that with smoking being the norm.

>smoking indoors

run

Tell her to smoke outside you doormat
Or dump her like the fag above me said

this desu, unless she does literally anything you tell her to sexually, shes not worth the cancer

It can cause lung cancer

/thread

Smokers are inevitable greasy and will litter their territory.
Just do an image search for smoker computers to get the picture I didn't post because it's not a gore thread.

So does bacon fumes.

You're not making bacon multiple times a day

its not even that. You smell like shit, feel like shit, and really thats all about it. You get some weak ass buzz for like 10 minutes and thats it. Why not just get a vape pen with some nice hybrid oil

You are literally retarded. Kill yourself immediately.

>You smell like shit,
not to forget, even your shit smells like shit
err cold smoke i mean

Dust doesn't wipe off cleanly once nicotine smoke comes into contact. You'll probably have to wash the filters out every few months.

this

smoking is down for millennials and gen z for a reason. It's literally pointless when you can vape a much safer and more effective substance called m a r i j u a n a

I once did buy a gpu from a smoker.
It smelled and it had a thin brown nicotine layer on it.

>I'll be moving in with my girlfriend and she's got the nasty habit of smoking
This is a mistake. Screencap this post and save it to "prove me wrong" later. You're going to wish you'd listened to me. People who smoke are trash and will never change.

If you have a beige box it will turn yellow.

Apart from that your house will smell absolutely fucking awful, your furniture and clothes included, enjoy lung disease and cancer.

When i was a kid and didn't know how to assemble a computer i'd go to this dude's shop whenever some piece of hardware needed to be upgraded or fixed. Shop guy was a smoker, and the computer would spend about a day at the shop. So even after spending less than 24 hours around that guy, as soon as i got the computer home and the fans started spinning, my whole fucking room would start smelling like a coal mine. The smell would not go away for a good 3-4 days as those fans kept churning out more and more cigarette air no matter if you opened the window or not.

TL;DR - never move in with a smoker. Your clothes, lungs and every other worldly possession will get coated with a thin film of tarry ciggy sludge and no matter what you do, you can't escape it.

The bitch is also going to keep the computer when she eventually kicks his cuck ass out.

Nicotine and marijuana smoke leave a residue on everything it touches. It doesn't happen really fast but, if you don't clean your machine often you'll be sorry.

The highs are different plus smoking is more fun

I'm not a hip daddio so i'm not familiar with the weeds, but with people using words like "skunk", "dank" and "sticky icky" to describe it, that doesn't invoke feelings of "safe healthy air for your lungs".

>Sucking down on a stick in your mouth
>Filling your lungs with hot smoke and tar
>Blowing stank ass smoke everywhere
>Coughing your guts up every now and then
Whatever you say user.

Agreed health+pc>>smoker gf

>smoking indoors
Man, that's just unattractive. That's like some future cat lady shit.

Everything you own will reek like an ashtray for all eternity several months down the line. You will never, ever get your components clean. Just break up with her.

Keep a good positive pressure in your case and wash the filters regularly. That dust will get very sticky and won't come off easily.
t. oldfag ex smoker

Are you telling me that you put a stick in your mouth, wrap your lips around it, and then you set it on fire, then you suck on this stick and this stuff comes out of it that makes you feel good.
What's next, they gonna have you wearing panties, huh?

>With monthly up keep on cleaning my computer would the smoke still be that much of a problem?

Unfortunately no. You can do this with regular dust because it just settles and can be air dusted off.

Tar, however, is sticky and requires washing with a solvent. Normally you'd wipe tar right off with acetone, but that fucks with certain plastics and lubricants, so I wouldn't try it on electronics and fans.

I really don't know m8. Can you stick the computer in a closet? Maybe water cool it and just live with replacing the radiator and PSU every couple of years?

just do this
everything about this is terrible

Have gf smoke in designated room with washable paint and one of these. There's ways to make it more economical, with pre-filter modifications and sticking a sack of carbon granules in the center.

This won't end well. If you're moving in to her place she will be indignant about changing her habits just for you even if she is in the wrong.

>So how big of a problem is smoking around computers?
>I'll be moving in with my girlfriend and she's got the nasty habit of smoking indoors. Some windows are usually open as well as a fan going to keep the air moving.
>With monthly up keep on cleaning my computer would the smoke still be that much of a problem? I've got the Fractal R5 so it's got several dust filters on there. But I don't think that would be enough.
>Thoughts?
You need to put your Dick more frequently un her throat so she Will smoke less
Tadaaaa

>OP's girlfriend

Why so many anti-smoking faggots here? What is this github? I smoke in front of my computer all the time and haven't had any problems, you should be ok OP.

Aaaaaaaaaand it's a gore thread.

Quick, somebody post the molten smokers keyboard.

It's bad for your lungs the same way burning any plant and inhaling it is bad for your lungs. Vaping gets around that by not setting it on fire in the first place.

However my cousin is a huge pothead and burns incense whenever he smokes but amazingly all his shit still works. I don't get it

I used to smoke (I don't, anymore) and there was no problem with it. Why would it be. Plus, I have a cat. Don't worry.

That's the plant not the smoke you retard

any smoke is bad but a plant is more healthy than rat poison

Your computer will be fucked because of all the tar, but you won't have to worry about that because you'll have lung cancer. Just break up with her OP.

I've smoked indoors for 7+ years, always at my desk with the same computer. It doesn't affect electronics and if you think it really makes any meaningful impact you are an autist

>smoking indoors
>smoking in cars

Uneducated and or poor, should be avoided. OP what the fuck are you doing.

Those things cost a fortune and aren't very effective.

Smoke is bad, you can still vape and eat some hot shit skunk fire kush and its not nearly as bad as smoking.

You're not going to notice the tar build up.
One day you're going to move a picture or something or see a yellow bead on the wall and realize how bad the fucking tar is.
The tar won't seem that off of a color on your computer but it'll pick up dust non stop, and just like the walls darkening one day you'll just notice that thing looks fucking gross and it won't get clean.

A man can't smoke inside his own property? What is this, Soviet Russia?
>muh tar
>muh lung cancer

You can, but you're literally pissing away money and making yourself smell unappealing to everyone always because all your belongings are covered in smoke smell which you cant smell.

Dump her. You don't seem like a complete autist, so I think you realize that there are plenty of other people who won't drain your bank account and make literally everything you own smell like shit.

>moving in with gf
HOW BETA CAN YOU GET

>Smoking indoors
Dropped.

hundred bux to buy, $200/year in electricity on highest setting 24/7. Prevents my smoke detector going off no matter how much shit I burn in the kitchen.