Firefox customization is going to hell

blog.mozilla.org/addons/2017/02/16/the-road-to-firefox-57-compatibility-milestones/comment-page-1/#comment-223542

Say bye bye to almost every piece of UI features, officially stated by Mozilla guy Jorge Villalobos.

Guess what, Google's minimalist and simple design and feature set has won. A terrible day for all lovers of features! And no, restricted replacements are NOT good enough.

stop using firefox

I have. Installed Otter-Browser with QTWebkit last week. Works good enough.

But i feel sorry for all power users out there who really are hit by all that shit Mozilla pushes trough their large fans.

Only autists on Sup Forums will care about not being able to rice Firefox

what are some good alternatives to firefox?

You do realize that Firefox is opensource and thus somebody will fork it, right?

A browser which can't be riced is as useless and stupid as Chrome.

There is now zero reason not to use Chromium instead. Because Firefox will be almost equally as stupid in few versions.

Only fanboys and Apologizers of the Chrome UI and Chrome extensions are still supporting Mozilla after that decision.

No one will fork Firefox. Pale Moon maker tried it and failed because it is too complex. A single person can't handle a whole browser project.

You could recreate Firefox with the help of QT - because engine work is done by a third party, but otherwise, it is not possible.

from PyQt5 import QWebEngine

# your UI here

There you go.

Pale Moon is the fork of Firefox I'll be using the moment Mozilla tries to drop the addon support that actually makes Firefox worth using.

>Google's minimal and simple design
Haha fuck no, Chrome uses half again the space it needs for it's UI. Chrome's UI is objectively bad.

Who fucking cares.

Nope it's still going to have the ability to customize the browser chrome which is something chromium will never get.

People who don't want half their screen covered by ugly UI elements that serve no purpose

>November 14th, 2017

A date which will live in infamy.

Iridium is good if you don't mind a chrome style setup. But at least it doesn't spy on you. And you get Chrome level performance.

>if you don't mind a chrome style setup
That's the entire reason people are angry at Mozilla dipshit

Pale Moon is now a full-fledged fork of Firefox instead of a meme recompile. They've even forked Gecko. And the devs pledge to support current Firefox addons indefinitely.

This is Gnome level faggotry.

Right. So if you're locked into it, might as well use a browser with a better extension library already in place and better performance.

>Right. So if you're locked into it
Except nobody is, because other browsers and forks exist. Try to gobble fewer cocks.

>might as well use a browser with a better extension library
Name a single Chrome extension Firefox-compatible browsers don't have

>and better performance.
(You)

people still use Firefox?

Come Firefox 57, all of them.

It's like you're mentally incapable of understanding the concept of a "fork". There's multiple Firefox forks, which have said they would split the codebase instead of getting rid of legacy add-ons.

It's like you're arguing with someone who appears level headed and you're trying to start an arguement.

>Level headed
>Literally ignoring everything I say in favour of "muh chrem"

Firefox 52 will last as the final version till it dies.

This is Sup Forums. Autism capital of the internet. I've come to expect it. I honestly don't mind the Chrome UI. And I have yet to find a Firefox fork that has any kind of reasonable performance under any kind of heavy JS usage. I honestly think Firefox is the X Windows of web browsers. Needs to die but no one's sure what to replace it with.

Fuck off with your nigger browser

Yup, it's Sup Forums.

What the hell is the point in using Firefox over Chrome if they're going to just make it like Chrome?

nothing, that's why palemoon exists

Privacy and Google spying concerns are the main ones at the moment. Which is why Iridium exists.

Yes. But we are no humans anymore, we are SJW now.

What's the point of PyQt in this case? Does't Qt have good GUI toolkits etc anyway?

They plan to offer API for that but it's not a priority.