Wtf is this

I moved into a new house and this thing is here. What is it? I can't see it's name just numbers and shit. Do I need to hook it up to my own modem?

it's a botnet, you probably need to install linux to get it to werk

ONT

yes

install gentoo on it

looks like a modem for fiber, disconnect the cable and take a pic of the end

It's the NTD for NBN, plug your shit into it and buy a 100/40 plan.

this user is right.
source: looking at one right now

small titty detector.

Telstra fibre network termination device, never seen that before. Do you have nbn active in your area? Because ours looks nothing like that.

When i plug the address into an isp's site it says there's no NBN (even though I live in Brisbane). I think this thing was installed back when labor was doing fibre to the premises perhaps?

not at the house currently but i got this

Go on telstra's website and see if you can get a fibre service with them since it's a telstra ntd.

Yeah I went on nbnco's website and entered the address and it says Telstra Velocity delivers the internet in this area

hey fellow aussie i have the same one. its a nbn fiber modem you can hook a lan cable up to it and get net (assuming someone has been paying the bills) but you will need another router if you want wifi. This unit does not do wireless.

I CAN ONLY FIND A NUMBER TO CALL FOR ENQUIRIES ABOUT TELSTRA VELOCITY AND THE NUMBER IS ONLY AVAILABLE FROM MONDAY TO FRIDAY AND IT'S SATURDAY MORNING REEEEEEEEE

Oh fuck nigger. I live in a velocity area aswell. It sucks. Telstra owns a monopoly and nbn proper will never be installed in the area because it already has fibre. Also the apartment I live in has removed all copper cables so I can't get adsl.

I'm paying $95 a month for 1000gb and a 20/2 connection. For foreigners it's normally $60 a month for unlimited 20/4 connection. The only upside to velocity is when you call up you get an Australian call centre....

Congratulations! You have FTTH.

Is that 20/2 over a fibre connection?

Thank fuck I don't live in Australia. Visited family in Sydney last summer and the internet was absolutely dog shit.

That looks like a laser safety warning to me, it's probably fiber.
Just do a speed test it should be pretty obvious if you're on a fiber connection.

Yes. It's gimped.

That's fucked. I pay 69 kiwibux a month for an unlimited 100/50 connection

It's an ONT for fibre internet access. Congrats. Do not disconnect the green fibre cable; it's easy to fuck it up and you will probably be charged out the arse if they have to send someone out to re-terminate it.

Connect a generic (PPPoE) router to LAN1 and see if you have a connection. You probably don't because you probably aren't paying for one yet, but it's worth a try.