Why the fuck does this shit exists?

Why the fuck does this shit exists?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.linuxfoundation.org/networking/napi
lwn.net/Articles/663879/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

exist*

Because HDMI connectors can't be screwed into place.

dms 59 is worse

it's cheaper than DVI-I, because it has less wires.

But now i have virtually no PC because this fucking 1060 shit doesn't have a fucking DVI-I port, and my old ass screen doesn't have HDMI, only VGA and i can't adapt bullshit.

why would it need to screw in?
its a pretty firm connection, it wont just slide out
and its used often in low profile shit like laptops and slim tv's, having a bigger screw on connector might be a pain

Same reason there are new Ryzen motherboards still with PS/2 ports

No clue. Dual-link DVI I should be the only connector.

DVI is a great socket and I will mourn its eventual loss.

HDMI is actually fucking trash, I bet you don't know why.

HDMI is only now with the introduction of 2.1 able to compete with COMPONENT analogue connection, which we've been using for over thirty fucking years.

HDMI is fucking trash, DP is considerably better but still lacking in terms of backwards compatibility and customization.

I tell you now, we will fucking regret the complete loss of analogue video outputs, you mark my fucking words.

ps/2 is still around because a keyboard lasts longer than a computer
gaymer fags prefer ps/2 for some stupid unimportant bullshit about keystroke accuracy

dont get me wrong, its dumb that ps/2 is still around, but it doesnt really hurt, its still useful to some and doesnt take up much i/o space

id rather have all the i/o i could ever need than not have enough

Man, this is fucking bullshit, i'm being scammed or something.

My old PC was falling apart, replaced processor etc, guys in the shop told me they had to replace graphix card as well and they take my EVGA 960 and give me this shit MSI1060 with no fucking DVI-I port. Too bad i was too retarded to figure out what the dots around the line meant.

HDMI to VGA is fine, works on my RX 480

PS/2 has marginally less input lag (interrupts are obviously quicker than polling) and supports N-key rollover (but USB does now too so who cares)

PS/2 has no key rollover, so you can press down all the keys without the keyboard not registering it.

How much does that cost? I was wondering if i could do that after looking at the ridiculous shit that DVI-D to VGA is.

high end VGA resolutions don't work unless it's native VGA or DVI-I

They should've just kept the DVI-A connector if there going to have DVI at all

even at 400MHz pixel clock?

What do you mean by high end?

My converter claims to support greater than 2048 x 1536 resolutions

I can't stop this rant.

For what fucking purpose are you going to put fucking DVI-D and HDMI at the same fucking time? 2 digital signals? No analog? What for?

>regret the complete loss of analogue video outputs
>not sure if serious

The entire signal chain is digital right to the pixels, even the backlight is probably PWM. Or are you suggesting we go back to the dim glow of huge ass CRTs and 12 A degaussing pulses to keep the picture from pincushioning, fiddling with the convergence knobs to get the colors even across the screen...

The world is a much better place now.

Jesus there are far too many little niglets on this board that are so new they believe the new is always better meme. PS/2 is better than USB always has been. CRT's have been better for gayming than LCD's since inception except maybe on higher quality panels nowadays. DVI is the GOAT connector. HDMI still fucking blows. DP who? When? Whatever. The only thing relatively new that's useful to consumers has been SSD's and even that we had even in the 90's with ramdrives to load Quake Doom or Tribes.

fkin normies need to gtfo

>still having to compromise between color accuracy, refresh rate and display lag if you don’t want to pay out of your ass for the newest gayman rgb monitor
>in current year

why? DVI-A is inferior in every way to DVI-I.
it supports the full VGA spec as well as HDMI (without DRM, audio, colors beyond RGB, or resolutions above 2560x1600@60Hz)
I assume the converter is powered? there needs to be an active conversion to fulfill the VGA spec. the limit for VGA is 2048x1536@85Hz. of course I could be wrong and they found a way to power the converter using the power over HDMI

>PS/2 is better than USB always has been.

Doesnt seem to be the case with mice

What sort of shitty screen do you remember from your teenage years that you had to adjust it constantly?

Even basic highstreet ones were better than that.

And you completely didn't understand what was meant by analogue.

You are probably 18 years old at most.

>I assume the converter is powered?

Nah, its a DP to VGA converter tho. Just plugs in to the DP.

I recall getting RGB component sony trinitron(?) monitors for the web/graphics design team and using pantone color wheels to optimize them. Pretty sure they do something similar now considering they have external equipment to measure color.black levels all that for tv's and monitors for reviewing even. We still go through the same motions as then.

maybe they were NEC monitors I can't recall since it was almost twenty years ago.

I can't easily find the spec for power delivery over DP, but if it works whatever, I guess

Which is why you don't see both PS/2 ports anymore, you just see a combo one for a keyboard and if you need a mouse too you can get a Y splitter

I didn't know the shitty dell connector had a name.

False. In some cases polling is faster. See wiki.linuxfoundation.org/networking/napi and lwn.net/Articles/663879/

You still need to do that for LCDs. What you are talking about are device colour profiles. The manufacturer can provide good enough default settings but for accurately reproducing colours you need to take into account ambient conditions. You could use a device camera like is done on iPhones or completely avoid the problem with VR headsets but in general you still need to do this.