What the fuck happened?

What the fuck happened?

bloat, where all good software go's to die

its you faggots buying cores and gigs and ghz

your hardware epeen has made our software vags loose and shitty

I was thinking the same thing :/

Didn't they jack up their prices 3X int he last year?

wtf man. Plus, the buggy "Real-time protection is not turned on" when it FUCKING IS

should I uninstall it?

Nothing. Did I miss something?

It is pretty good: no bloat, no lag, not intrusive.

Automatically Fix Repair My Computer bought Malwarebytes. Click Here To Download Fix For Free

>ram slowly going up to 100% usage
>system freezes or crashes
>i have 64gb of ram
> find out its fucking malwarebytes

never again g,

why does all the good software end up as bloat?, its just sad, i can recall several examples (Zone alarm, AVG free, panda antivirus) good Old software that went to shit this way too.

>tfw Zonealarm now actually installs spyware and malware turning your pc into a toaster

I switched to Kaspersky .

I'm surprised they didn't pushed the 3.0 update to my 2.x malwarebytes program

seems clunky to have to manually download it from their site

>why does all the good software end up as bloat?
You still haven't figured that out? Let's watch it from the perspective of the developer:
He has just released this really good program which runs fast, does what it's supposed to very well and is easy to use. Many people buy the software and the developer makes enough money to amortize the initial development cost and can still live a nice life with the money for a few years.

Let's assume there is no competition: A few years later very few people are buying the software - everyone who was remotely interested already has a license and is running it happily. Yet the developer still has to invest time (and thus money) into the software to keep it maintained (he and his family also kind of want to eat stuff and pay other bills). So he can either abandon the software or create incentives for people to buy a new upgrade. So he adds more nice features to the software, but all users have to purchase an upgrade license to use them. Let's assume that he wants to keep a clean image and still maintain the "outdated" version. At some point he simply can't add any more sensible features to some piece of software - so he starts adding pointless gimmick features, someone will buy it then, right?
If there is competition all of this happens sooner and the reason is first and foremost to provide a superior product so people (keep) buy(ing) his version of the software. And by superior product I mean "more features for the same price", not necessarily "works better".

This ecosystem is the reason buy-once software turns into a bloated mess any many developers are switching to a pay-per-month/year subscription service system (with online activation/always-online of course). This is also why there are still OSS programs in Linux distributions that haven't been updated in 8 years and are still perfectly functional and do their job - the incentive is not to make money off of it but to get some job done.

This is also why Firefox is slowly turning into a slow, bloated mess with tons of useless features while yet getting more similar to Chrome somehow. It might be open source software, but the main developer (Mozilla CORPORATION [not the foundation!]) is a for-profit-player which falls into the category.

the same thing that happens to every other successful proprietary free program.

All good things come to an end. Especially what the best AV software is changes every 2 years or so.

Those fucking faggots downloaded that great piece of software from unoriginal sources. Now they're complaining like fucking bitches.

I dont get it. Whats happen?????

>What the fuck happened?- 17 posts and 1 image reply shown.
It was always fucking placebo. You're just as safe by not running it and using Common Sense Enterprise Edition 2017.

If you want a non-placebo AV and don't want to rely on Common Sense because you're a retard or a pirate, use Kapsersky. Everything else is shit.

>Kaspersky
>in Soviet Russia antivirus breaks your system
Its great for removing malware too.

I literally only run mwb when I want to do a scan
Do you niggers leave it running all the time?

People seriously leave it and its service running all the time. Then again, those are probably the people that need it running all the time.

>I literally only run mwb when I want to do a scan
>Do you niggers leave it running all the time?
If you're not running it continuously, it's totally fucking useless to even have it installed. If you get ransomware or some other kind of virus, you'll have to dban all of the HDD/SSDs that you have installed because they cannot be trusted if you get a virus.

And even then, I wouldn't trust HDDs because malware can even change HDD firmware and install itself there and there's no fucking way for you to check whether your firmware is legit or compromised. You should take a hammer to your HDD if you get one of these types of viruses.

If you use a good browser with a sandbox (Chromium) and if you never install software that you you downloaded from some shady site, AV is not needed.

If you pirate shit and regularly install crapware and use Firefox, use Kaspersky or don't use anything at all since there's no difference for you then and not running AV will improve the speed of your system.

The new update MWB3 is bloated, has a huge ~10 second start up time even on SSD, and has the premium trial on my default. The program continues running after you close it even when you are not premium.

I thought this was metasploit.

>tfw your Spybot and Anti Malware just freezes your computer 1/4 through scanning

welp. the fuck did they do.