/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Samsung-WQHD-LED-Monitor-S32D850T/dp/B00L3KNOF4
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/background-size
github.com/sercankd/PDF-Page-Counter/blob/master/PDF Page Counter/Form1.cs
xhmikosr.github.io/perfmonbar/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is there any torrent client or plugin that can make it's own OpenVPN connection?

13 or 15 inch laptop for college?

Where does this fan cord plug into?
There's a smaller 3 pin connector, that I plugged into the 4 pin fan controller but the fan isn't spinning very fast and I can't find anywhere to plug this one into.

yes

its a molex connector for plugging it into your psu

It just goes straight into the psu?
No adapter?

no

that plug IS the adapter

Maybe so.

>what is voltage

Thanks,
should I get a fan adapter or is that only for overclocking?
>what is voltage
Random numbers they put on boxes

>thinking screen size is important
if it's a thinkpad or one with equivalent robustness: Yes
If it's a plastic Acer laptop don't even think about buying dat shit nigger.
Also. Don't EVER buy "Gaming" laptops. They are just a waste of money. especially if you need it to do school work.

Probably.

What are these "calle" captchas? They seem to follow me everywhere. Is it something in French?

it's "street" in spanish.

Oh, nothing too serious, just your normal botnet.

What kind of monitor do I need to buy so that colors don't change when I move my head up around?

IPS

Wanker.

amazon.com/Samsung-WQHD-LED-Monitor-S32D850T/dp/B00L3KNOF4

>ips
>led

Fuck...

Whats this sort of chord called? Its a 5-pin to usb I guess, but I need to replace it as it busted. I tried soldering it back together but it didnt work.

How do I get WebKit nightly on windows?

Does this look right?

Led is backlight. An IPS monitor can be either florescent or led.

a little but not quite, that chord wouldnt fit in the connector. i bet its a propietary microsoft connector or something

thenks m9

I'm having some trouble with my dual monitor setup.

When I try to hooking them up to my gpu (R9 380) on HDMI and DP connections then run them at 60ghz not 59ghz line glitches appears.
They only disappear while I connect the DP to the GPU and then HDMI to the motherboard.
Any way to fix this so I can disable the onboard graphic?

can a veracrypt encrypted partition be shrunken?

JST PH connector. Have to crimp the wires in place. You could also solder the wires directly to the board that the plug goes to.

Try replacing the HDMI cable with a better one.

If I set my router to use wireless b rather than letting hosts select, will I be able to get any longer range out of it? One device gets spotty reception in my room and I'd like to smooth it out.

how fucking old is your router

Not helpful, but not THAT old. It does only go down to 54, which I guess is just G. Will I get range out of that or not?

I have Tried two different cables. Anything else?

it would help if we know the source of the cable

b and g should have about the same range
802.11b only has good range when compared to 802.11a which are both like 15+ years old

Is that sense of emptiness and sadness at the end of every day normal in webdev?

Are there any special considerations I should take into account when picking out a new case for a system with an AIO cooler, in terms of making sure it'll fit?

The options aren't stated as a/b/g/n/whatever. I get 54, 154, and 300 as options, all with "up to" as a part of the package. The internet it's hooked up to only does 3mbps and I don't do any files between so I couldn't care less about how fast it actually is. It also doesn't have to be an extreme difference in range.

At this point the best way to know is to try, I suppose.

can I put ssd at the bottom of drives cage? wont the 2 other hard drives I have there increase the temp of it?
I have it cooled by noctua fan thats pressure optimized

You can put SSD's anywhere. They aren't affected by ambient heat levels of your typical PC and even extreme cases are unlikely to degrade performance. The plastic will probably melt before an SSD has performance issues with heat.

I don't know much about TVs, I've never dealt much with them. I have an older TV, it's HD and all but it's not some fancy modern Smart TV.

For a while I've been using my PS3 for streaming stuff like Netflix and Plex, but it's dying out and I don't really have interest in getting another game console. I've been considering a Roku as a cheap solution.

The problem I have is with audio, my TV has it's own built in speakers obviously and when watching cable the sound goes out through those speakers. But my PS3 is hooked up to a pretty old surround sound system via auxiliary, with HDMI into the TV itself. I can of course plug the surround sound into the TV to have surround sound there but then the PS3 is using the TV speakers. So I leave it in the PS3 for movies and suffer the TV speakers for news and sports.

I know my way around a computer, so this is something that seems like it should be possible to me but I'm not sure. Can I set up the TV in a way that it outputs all audio through the surround sound system, so that anything connected just through HDMI will use that for audio instead of the TV's speakers? Is that something dependant on model or can any TV do that.

You can buy a hdmi stripper :
In HDMI A+V
Out HDMI V & coax A, Toslink A.

Search on /csg/ sites, ebay, amazon.

Will strippers generally introduce any display lag? i.e. would it make it difficult to use a PC properly, or play sensitive games?

Neat, thanks. I guess same question as except without sensitive game memes, I just want to watch movies.

How is the scaling in windows 7 with a 4k monitor?

shit

I have one of these things gathering dust at home doing absolute fuck all, because Windows is rather slow on it.

Is there anything I can do with an ATIV Tab 3 these days or should I just throw it since nobody is going to buy this crap? I tried installing linux on it a year ago but it's one of those finicky tablets with 32 bit UEFI. If the system manages to boot not extremely slowly, I can use it as a drawing tablet with my PC, but that's about it.

Pretty crappy. Grab some ISO of 8.1 update 1 and don't update.

Forgot picture, I'm a retard

what is wrong in this code

listView1.SelectedItems is empty or item 0s SubItems has less than 4 items.
why don't you check? You'd just have to hover over the properties with your current setup.

i got it its because
listView1.SelectedItems[0].Remove();
is on top, i was just trying to use removed item

can someone explain this meme to me

whats the line to make an image fill the background but IGNORE the aspect

every single google result is about mainting and forcing aspect but im trying to apply a vignette around a page with a transparent css so aspect pretty much destroys the entire effect completely

background-image: vignette.png);
background-height: 100%;
background-width: 100%;

doesnt work

can android-x86 run tinder?

are all others emulators shitware?

Is it better to install 32-bit Windows OS, than 64-bit Windows OS on a machine with 4 GB of RAM?
I was told that it would be better since the 64-bit binaries are bigger in size and would end up taking more RAM, and if you don't use 64-bit applications it should be OK.

remove the height or the width, then use one of those
background-size: cover;
background-size: contain;
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/background-size

java?

big resource overhead compared to other languages when all you can write is hello world and fizzbuzz.

>StringWriter extends Writer implements Closeable, Flushable, Appendable, AutoCloseable

you're a saint
thank fuck for these threads

Is there an offline way to check if a pdf file is safe? If not, are the sites that scan the pdfs you feed them reliable? If i am able to open the pdf and everything seems normal does it mean that the pdf is safe?

I've acquired myself a netbook and wanted to know the best linux distro to stick on it, something lightweight preferrably

you could go with something like arch or gentoo with a wm if youre a huge nerd

why does this thing stop after first catch, i want it to continue going

Lubuntu. They even have a netbook mode at the login screen

Is LinuxMInt really that insecure as they say?

What's a decent KVM switch software? I just want use my laptops with my desktop mouse & keyboard when at my home desk.

I've mainly used Synergy and Sharemouse, but both have their issues.

At 4gb go with 64bit. Under 4gb its more of a close call. If you find yourself maxing out ram, consider sticking a small flashdrive in there for readyboost

does it throw another exception?
do you have something running after the catch?

it doesn throw another exception, there are 98 files in the folder but it stops at first corrupted file.

so you have a loop?
post the full code, not just a tiny fraction of it.

code is here
github.com/sercankd/PDF-Page-Counter/blob/master/PDF Page Counter/Form1.cs
try begins at line 70 and ends at 86

>throw
will throw another exception.

also >background workers
user what is this, 2002?

Is there anything i can put in my m2 slot other than an ssd?

What's the easiest way to become a cyborg?

Whats the best anti-spy app for windows10? And don't say windows 10 privacy because it's only in german and i don't speak cuckold.

What program is this ?

Common Sense 2017 edition

a wifi card

o&o

i didnt commit last update to github, removed throw and its still same.

i am not pro i just googled how to not run function on main thread and they told me to use background worker.

updated github now check, there is no throw but its still same

xhmikosr.github.io/perfmonbar/

>Whats the best anti-spy app for windows10?
Gentoo

If i have 2 wifi cards, can i connect twice for maximum speed?

i have a gtx 660 and basically no money, i just got gifted a pg278q and my 660 averages 45-50fps on bf1 with no other programs open (id like to have yt open too sometimes) would either the 460 or 470 be an improvement? i plan to get a 1070 eventually

(i have 2 1080p monitors too but they'll either be stagnant or playing video)

>Microsoft Spying
>Common sense

i think that this would double your network speed but not your internet

Bbm7

sorry this is unclear, im getting 45-50 on one of my 1080p screens

Why would you get a shitty current gen card if you were planning on getting a good current gen card later?

no

because right now i cant afford the 1070 for maybe 3 months atleast and i'd like to be able to play on the 1440p 144hz monitor for a little while eventually reselling on ebay.

>itm.SubItems.Add(numberOfPages.ToString());
if it crashes before that line in your try/catch then later your
>var countTotalPages = listView1.Items.Cast().Sum(item => Parse(item.SubItems[3].Text));

SubItems[3] does NOT contain a number, so it'll throw an exception because it can't parse it, thus stopping your loop.
Your debugger should have stopped on that line when throwing the exception, did you just ignore it?

This is spaghetti code user. Converting numbers to text and later parsing them again right away.

The 480 can barely handle 1440p at 60 fps.

rip fuck me, what about the 1060? or am i best just dealing with the 660 until i get my hands on a 1070? bearing in mind its atleast 3 months (probably longer) until id be able to get it

how do i count total page numbers then

What is the best way to watch movies I torrented on my main television?

I'm a lazy shit so I never thought of a way to do it.

I have every relevant game console except the Bone can I stream to them or something?