/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
2017 release calendar: All the major smartphones we’re expecting this year
androidauthority.com/major-smartphone-releases-2017-746078/

ZTE is shutting down its failed Hawkeye phone Kickstarter campaign
kickstarter.com/projects/856508640/zte-project-csx-phone-hands-free-eye-tracking-devi/posts/1809881

Samsung teases Exynos 9 chipset, which could be powering the Galaxy S8
gsmarena.com/samsung_teases_exynos_9_chipset_which_could_be_powering_the_galaxy_s8-news-23494.php

Huawei Mate 9 Pro review
gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_9_pro-review-1567.php

vivo V5 Plus review
gsmarena.com/vivo_v5_plus-review-1570.php

LG V30 rumored to sport Snapdragon 835, 6 GB RAM and dual front and back cameras
phonearena.com/news/LG-V30-rumored-to-sport-Snapdragon-835-6-GB-RAM-and-dual-front-and-back-cameras_id91119

Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Get Slower Updates than Carrier Variants
xda-developers.com/security-update-discrimination-unlocked-samsung-galaxy-s7-and-s7-edge-get-slower-updates-than-carrier-variants/

Why Enthusiast Brands will Betray You
youtube.com/watch?v=FJgTKx-rg18

Old

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8050&idPhone2=8236
geek.com/mobile/amoled-displays-are-now-cheaper-to-manufacture-than-lcds-1650608/
forums.oneplus.net/threads/op3-v-axon-7-camera-test.454590/
amzn.com/gp/product/B01LACBMV2
bestbuy.com/site/sony-xperia-x-compact-4g-lte-with-32gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-universe-black/5621004.p?skuId=5621004
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I need a smart with a camera equivalent or superior to the S7.

Any suggestion?

Also prefer not to use cpu of mediashit.

Thanks!

should I get the redmi note 3 pro international oder the note 4 pro international.

the 4 isn't that much more expanisve right now but Id like to check with you guys first.
is somethign wrong with it ?

I'm looking for a phone that will get supported for a while , is the note 3 pro the safer bet ?

Just switched from OnePlus 3t to iPhone 7

i do miss the ricing of android, but man

theres a real joy in the simpleness of iOS

gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8050&idPhone2=8236

Which one should I get? They are only 10€ apart. I am interested in a good camera and a good battery life. I do not plan on rooting any of them.
I currently have a Galaxy S4 that needs to be recharged every and is laggy as shit.

Okay, maybe laggy as shit is going a bit too far. But is is kinda slow in opening some apps. It takes like 2 seconds to open Outlook, Instagram or stuff like that.

>t. iToddler

Wait for Moto G5, it's out for sale on March

whats the best under 100€ phone that runs whatsapp and has a replaceable battery?

>a camera equivalent or superior to the S7
no such thing exists (except for s7edge)

Google Pixel has a better camera

There is such phone as "Note 4 Pro international".

A used Galaxy S5 or save up for the Moto G4 Play

I can't wait that long, user. I have to buy a new phone in a week max.

BQ Aquaris X5 Plus then

damn, geekbuying tricked me with theire "offical global rom" bullshit.
no lte band 20 here...

anyay , the note 3 pro it is.

Ok. Thanks!

All right. Thank you, user.
It's also the easier one to buy since you can find it in stores. The G4+ is only sold through amazon from what I've seen. Man, Spain sucks.

Help

My battery doesn't seem to working

>225x400
>russian
What the fuck?

Why do cheap phones still use normal LCD screens? I thought AMOLED screen production was supposed to be cheaper by last year

geek.com/mobile/amoled-displays-are-now-cheaper-to-manufacture-than-lcds-1650608/

>Just because AMOLEDs are cheaper to make doesn’t mean they’ll end up on all phones. There are production capacity issues that can drive up costs for OEMs. Samsung uses most of the AMOLEDs it makes for its own products, and LG’s AMOLEDs are not yet of the same quality.

Samsung uses AMOLED even in a lot of their budget models so that leaves less available for the other manufacturers

Browsing through the archive people seem to dislike the LeTV 1s but I can get one for 30% of the price of any Xiaomi phone with 3gb of RAM so I want to ask what is so bad about LeTV 1s? I'm pretty tight on money and I need a phone fast.

is it worth to get a used oneplus 2? its arounds $200 in my country

OP2 is the worst Oneplus phone (mainly because SD810 is a piece of shit SoC) but for $200 it's fine

RN3P is better. SD650>SD625. only the SE verion has B20 btw.

No.

You have anything against russins?

I got a Sony Xperia Z2 and the way it manages photos sucks. It organizes it from the date I saved it on my pc rather than the date I transferred it, so I have a bunch of pictures god knows where in a 700+ folder.
Is there an app I can use to remedy this? It seems all the ones I've downloaded and the ones it comes with does this too.

I wonder which is better for low light photos one plus 3t or ZTE axon 7

Oneplus 3T
forums.oneplus.net/threads/op3-v-axon-7-camera-test.454590/

Thanks user as I thought more megapixels doesn't equal a better camera

Iphone 5c, destroyed. Need a new phone, i have like 400 bucks saved up. I really dont care about features, just want a nice user exiprence, thinking about getting the fucking robin cuz its cheap and seems fast. I mean id like to hear everybodys opinion

Honor 8, Axon 7 or OP3T. iPhone SE on Apple's side.

Deal Alert:
Sony Xperia X Compact - Unlocked Smartphone - 32GB - Black (US Warranty) - $ 299.99
amzn.com/gp/product/B01LACBMV2

>amzn.com/gp/product/B01LACBMV2
But is that deal worth it enough to be a shit deal.

Fuck off Sony is the master race of phones

How is the camera on the note 4/4x? Will it be better then my current lg g2 camera?

The touch id on my iphone 7 and any other iphone I had is absolute shit.

How is the fingerprint sensor on the google pixel?

>green bubbles

what is the spg-tard approved OP3T rom?

I'm pretty sold on the lenovo p2,
only thing I'm worried about is the camera quality because I really need a decent one.

Is there a camera software that comes with a ROM maybe that can improve the quality of the pictures?

Drug dealer here. Which phone has the best battery life around $300?

I have Moto G4 but I find it lacking and seeing Moto G5 specs it won't be better bigly

Moto Z Play / Lenovo P2

I really want the P2 but I'm not sure about the coverage in US.

just got an xz, did i fuck up?

Z play with battery mod.

Alright, I'll just watch out for refurbished ones.

nah, it's fine

How do I find out what the newest version of android is that can be installed on my phone?
I have an old android samsung galaxy ace s5830
pls halp

Check the XDA subforum for your phone model

thanks

czech'd

yeah, open box, new for $420. not too bad. less than i paid for my 6s 64gb which was used.

Is it possible to do a camera sensor swap on a phone?

On most phones you can replace the camera sensor if it's from the same phone. Not with one from another phone though

Pretty tired of my old S5 and I'm looking at a new phone. Any recommendations?

>If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Also check the OP image

Found a OP3 at a pretty decent price,
seller has

"unlocked the bootloader, rooted and installed the ressurection remix 5.8.1 nogaut"

Chances that he fucked up something and he's selling a brick?

100%.

Oh. ok then. :(

I don't actually know. only get it if it's considerably cheaper than a new OP3 and if your'e ready to deal with it some messed up device.

300€, wich is suspicious considering they go for 30-50€ more.

And I'm not really well versed in smartphones roms and shit.

I'd save that extra 50€ and get a new one just in case. it's small change not worth the risk.

Or save a bit more for the OP3T or Honor 8.

>Honor 8
Second person that suggested me this,
but isn't the OP3 already better? I mean the camera is for sure.

Depends on your size preference. they're both great. OP3 has better UI for sure, I'd go for it if it's new.

Well the Op3 is not distributed anymore, new price is around 400€ now, and used 350€

>go for a guide to update my ancient phone
>just download this DDKQ8 Gingerbread 2.3.6 Rooting Package
>that package has been removed on all sites and can't be found anywhere
anyone?
does anyone maybe have a source for such things?

thinking about selling my nexus 5x before it bootloops and getting an htc 10. is there any downside for the 10 other than the non removable battery

I hear the battery life isn't that good. Not terrible, but nothing special either.

Is there any worthwhile upgrade to the Galaxy Note 4. This thing has been my go to for 2 years now with no sign of changing since the Note 5 fiasco.

My Nokia E71's bat dies in just under 6 hours, even though I've never really used it for more than an alarm clock and a bit of whatsapp. And before it only stayed home, since I don't use phone, desu, but now it has to stay permachained to an el. outlet.
Q: Do I get a new battery or buy a new Nokia of similar caliber?
p.s. Is it true they're re-releasing the eternal brick Nokia?

when is the axon 7 getting nougat

i want to try out the google daydream meme

It's out already

Whatsapp is ending support for S40 and Symbian this year so if you want to keep using that I'd look at something else

If you just want a big phone then yes. If you want stylus related stuff then wait for Note 8.

>Moto X play vs A5 2016

which should I get?

It's $274.99 from bestbuy with Visa checkout
bestbuy.com/site/sony-xperia-x-compact-4g-lte-with-32gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-universe-black/5621004.p?skuId=5621004

$30 budget, what you got.

JUST bricked my previous burner phone installing magisk, recovery menu is beyond fucking useless (and no XDA community support/custom anything).

Bought an iPhone 7 Plus and just sold it today because I hated it so much.

I wish I could get a Pixel XL so that the Android version would stay up to date but I can't find one without paying a ridiculous price.

I wouldn't mind a LG V20 because I like big phones but I've heard the glass on the back can crack randomly, that they are slow, and that the battery life is garbo. With my luck it would probably bootloop too.

Would love a Mi Mix but I'm not sure it would work with T-Mobile and getting Google Play on sounds tedious.

Life is suffering. What do?

Should I shell out $60 just to get the 4X or just stick to my incoming 4 Prime?

Any burgers own Zuk 2 here? What carrier are you using?

Nokia 150

got anything smarter, per se

Prepaid Moto E

A5 2016
X Play is pretty shitty, but if you can get a Z Play since its 100x better

I don't understand how so many people can afford like $600+ smartphones, that's insane to me.
First of all I don't even have the money
Second my S4 I got new in box for $100 is great for clover and stuff

Wait for any new phone coming out this year.

Recently using a Honor 8 FRD-L04, I just updated it to android N and lost root/twrp. Are there any ways of installing it again whitout chances of bricking the phone ?

Haha, just go no phone mode until August? So LG is announcing the G6 on the 02/26 right? What are the chances it will actually release in March?

Go to XDA, thats too specific for tech advice here.

What ROM for Redmi 4 prime?

>some people have more money than I do
>I find this so confusing

I had the galaxy note 3 on t-mobile since it launched (it was my first smartphone and it's lasted me a good while with little hiccups)
That said, the battery life has recently shit the bed.
Should I just get a new battery? Or bite the bullet and get a new phone? If i did get a new phone, the features I want are battery life, and everything else being on par with the note 3 (if not better)
If something is slightly worse, it's not a big deal. only battery is a must have.
Water resistance is really cool, but not necessary. Size doesn't matter as long as it's not tiny, and budget along the same as when the note 3 forst came out (maybe it was 700 though, so under 600 is ideal)

Oh, and wireless charging is another cool thing if it's capable. Expandable memory also cool

Any news on the nokia p1?

Will it be good or will it be trash

I just bought a OP3, and for some reason it won't sync my contacts and calendar info from my hotmail account. Shouldn't there be two more switches below mail?

This is only my second Android phone, I came from a Nexus 5 which seemed to work fine.

>hotmail account

Yeah, I know mate. But I've had it for ages and all my shit it tied to it.
Is it a common issue with Microsoft accounts on Android?

>Is it a common issue with Microsoft accounts on Android?
In my experience, yes. I stopped trying many moons ago. Try other other apps or migrate to Google

Are there any phones available now that can run on entirely open source software and don't include any opaque blobs?