Realistically how can intel actually respond in the short term besides price cuts

realistically how can intel actually respond in the short term besides price cuts

will they bring back extreme editions with insane tdp and cooling requirements

They will just pay the system builders to use their products just like last time.

fetal position and/or rerelease skylake for the third time and this time no mayo under the heatspreader

Honestly this.
They paid 1.4? billion fine to AMD after they lost in EU court over it. Nowhere near what AMD would have earned from all those missed sales. They are going to bribe OEMs again or get BTFO of this galaxy.

I hope they stop breaking anti-trust laws for once or pay a bigger fine this time.

marketing or most likely marketing because that's what intel has always done when AMD had a better product

>They paid 1.4? billion fine to AMD after they lost in EU court over it
they still haven't paid it lol

Hopefully the FCC is watching Intel like a hawk so that they don't do it again.

Uhh, nobody except a few sweaty virgin losers on the internet care about AMD. Nvidia and Intel brands are a symbol of quality, people want their shit to just werk and will choose time-tested reliable products over off-brand parts named 'Ryzen'

AMD CPU
>overheats and runs slowly
AMD GPU
>buggy drivers and housefire

Intel + Nvidia
>fast, cool, efficient and productive

>Nvidia and Intel brands are a symbol of quality

Normies know fuck all about computer brands

and educated computer users just buy what's best

the hardest part will be breaking into the retarded gamur market where they only buy intel and nvidia

WRONG
I worked at computer chain stores for years, you have to have a silver tongue to be able to shift AMD products, especially laptops with AMD logos on them, normies avoid that shit like the plague. Besides, i3/i5/i7 goes with their ipods and iphones

>AMD GPU
>buggy drivers and housefire

>Intel + Nvidia
>fast, cool, efficient and productive
honestly this horseshit, I have never struggled with any AMD GPU more than I have with an nVidia GPU in the driver department. On the hardware side, AMD is a bit hotter depending on what manufacturer version but yes, nvidia's reference coolers are more effective than AMDs

>i3/i5/i7 goes with their ipods and iphones

Intel has geniuses on their marketing team :^)

doesn't help that AMD's branding makes laptops look like off-brand chinese junk

Their going to fear monger, bribe and make the mirage that intel is just better because is more expensive (kinda like apple).
And thats it, no need for anything else...

>I worked at computer chain stores for years
so you're not an educated computer user and you didn't interact with educated computer users

>when AMD had a better product

Well when was the last time that this was the case, rofl.

I remember the same deal, and the only people that bought acer crap are the people who picked up the specsheet and actually looked at what was inside them

thats an assumption

>13 years ago

K

>13 years ago
Only 2 architectures ago
Phenom was competitive after they fixed that bug.
Bulldozer was just a meme.

Well Nvidia keeps shooting themselves in the fucking foot. It can't be THAT hard to sell radeons. Just mention that nvidia requires you to sign up for an account to install their drivers.

Phenom was really fucking good. I had like 40% OCs on mine. They massively underbinned that shit.

>Getting a CRT monitor off someone for my /vr/ build
>He shows me the rig he's been using since 2006ish
>Pentium D
>mfw

Imagine a world where AMD decided to scrap Bulldozer and release 4GHz Phenom IIIs

Some quick Cinebench score lookups say a Phenom II X6 at 4GHz stock would have slammed the i5 2500K stock into the ground

Bulldozer was a tragedy

amd was a clone, then giant, then a shit ceo sold away their mobile processors and signed a non compete, canned jims new arch, and full speed on the dozer, then spun off the fab, signed at the time a fucking retarded deal with the fab, and went to lead it.

amd has good management again, theyre back.

Intel has honestly never really been good, they only have x86, and the most used software was made for it exclusively, otherwise, we could legitimately be using power based cpus now.

Amd is back on their A game.

>and educated computer users just buy what's best

I buy what makes me not feel like I just gave satan money.

Intel is evil, nvidia is arguably worse then intel, so long as competition is competitive, I will buy their competition.

Amd has yet to let me down, from the 5770, 280x have both performed great, before this I had a 6800 ultra, and before that a 32mb gpu... I don't upgrade computers often, and if my 280x gives out, the 480 8gb would serve me well for years to come too.

got cpu, i had a pentium II a pentium 4 prescott, and a phenom II 955

My hate for intel comes from that pentium and knowing now why I had that pentium, not old enough to build my own pc with my parents money at the time, had to get a pre build, and a 2000$ alienware, that got 20% taken off, then a 500$ coupon to 1100$, cheaper then the sum of its parts.

Nvidia comes from the 6800 ultra idling at 80c, from so many of their business practices that have actively fucked me, I just cant support them.

amd is competitive in the gpu front, they don't have the top performer, but preece preformance I give it to them every single time I look to upgrade. as for cpu, there is a reason i'm on a phenom II still, but thankfully amd gave me an option, zen was their deadline to make an upgrade and they didn't disappoint.

so yea, I don't buy the best for my money if i'm not to inconvenience by not supporting companies I fucking despise.

T.B.H, they likely already have a chip design that would be beat it, but have been siting on it because they had no competition

And that's gonna be the deal-breaker? Taking 15 seconds to make an account?

they have none, intel sat on its ass and only recently some engineer screamed at that fagot ceo hard enough that he started to take amd seriously, they are making a new uarch as of less then 3 months ago, they literally have nothing but small improvements for 3-4 years if the new cpu does not fail.

The fuck, since when?

Not him but I want to say sometime near the end of last year. This is to use nvidia experience.