If I rewrote the entire Linux Kernel in C++ for LLVM would you help me?

If I rewrote the entire Linux Kernel in C++ for LLVM would you help me?

Other urls found in this thread:

llvm.linuxfoundation.org/index.php/Main_Page
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That would be a huge waste of time because noone would maintain or support it, and it would become outdated before it's even finished.

No, use rust

Use Haskell

use typescript

good luck with those 15 million lines of code

use java

Only if you eat a dog's ass on camera and allow me to impregnate all the women in your family and have them convert to Hinduism.
Better idea

do it in JavaScript or go home

jQuery is easier

Fuck no.

>Sup Forums hates the idea and trips

This is clearly your destiny user

I personally wonder what the performance would be like. Also you will have to pick a version and stick with it long after its obsolete, you might want to start with a smaller 2.6 kernel

Just use nodejs

use assembly

no

Why don't you find a microkernel and do that instead of copying a shit kernel

Or work on Hurd, you can have them on top of Debian easily. Rewrite that, forget trying to rewrite 21 million sloc

>Microkernels
>Not being absolute garbage

that already exists
and it's not rewritten, just tweaked so the compilation works

I'm surprised no one so far mentioned this, fuck this shitty board

llvm.linuxfoundation.org/index.php/Main_Page

>still believing the lies of torvalds about microkernels

Are you serious? Did you even read what you linked?
It's no surprise that the reddit-formatter is also a fucking retard.

the only difference is that op wants to do it in c++ which is one of the most the most retarded things to do

Microkernels are the OOP of kernel design.

>be monolithic kernel
>a bug in a driver appears
>i'm so autist that I killl myself instead of killing the offending driver

False analogy and bait.

Do you even understand what the link is talking about in even the slightest?
It has absolutely nothing to do with rewriting Linux in another programming language.

yea, why would you rewrite it in c++ that's the stupidest poo in the loo thing I heard today
my point is that Linux can already be compiled with llvm

Are you 12 years old? You type like a fucking retard.
Get out of here, you illiterate fuck.
>Linux can already be compiled with llvm
No it can't.

Do it in visual basic 1.0 or COBOL.

>you are 12, I don't like how you type
Nice argument, cuck

>No it can't
Yes it can be, read the fucking link. It only needs has a few dependencies on ld, as and libgcc which will be fixed in the future.

Nobody cares about cat-v opinions, uriel.

>read the fucking link
The link clearly says that they're not finished.

Sure, I'll make the logo.

My man

Do you honestly think the system could operating in a stable manner if any of it's drivers were unexpectedly killed?
Drivers aren't like user programs, you can't just fucking kill them and expect the system to run fine.

Going with the microkernel design just so that you can have your system crash a little bit later is the stupidest fucking reason ever.
All you're doing is adding unnecessary overhead, context switches, and complexity to your kernel for pretty much no benefit whatsoever.

Perhaps you should follow your own design philosophy and kill yourself instead of dragging everyone else down with you.

>le epic overhead maymay
Do you still live in 1990?
Theres tons of microkernels with commertial application that are blazing fast with almost not overhead.
Follow your design philososophy and kys.

>reddit-formatter is
Since when was putting spaces between your sentences "reddit formatting"?? People have been doing that since fucking email existed.

Rust or bust

Make it in HTML.

I goes beyond the spacing.
It's also the lack of paragraphs, punctuations, capitalisation, as well as things like using "lol" or anything like that.
I've called out many people on it, and almost none of them even deny being from reddit.
This place has fucking standards, and proper post formatting is one of them.

How do YOU know what "reddit spacing" is if you aren't a redditor as well?

>It's also the lack of paragraphs, punctuations, capitalisation, as well as things like using "lol" or anything like that.
You mean how people type in any casual settings?

>Notice strange post formatting
>Call people out on it
>They reply with shit very indicative that they're from reddit
>Figure that people from reddit post like this
>Keep calling people out on it, insulting them as redditors
>They don't deny it and continue to post reddit-tier shit
>Affirm my hypothesis

>You mean how people type in any casual settings?
This isn't a fucking chatroom or some shit. This is beyond texting your douchey friends.
People are judged by their posts alone, and things such as formatting impact heavily on the perception of your post. There is quite a lot you can glean from formatting alone.
If you post like a fucking retard, it shows people that you're a fucking retard and shouldn't be taken seriously.

>>Notice strange post formatting
>>Call people out on it
How do you get the idea to "call them out on it" if you're not from reddit?

>>They reply with shit very indicative that they're from reddit
Such as?

>>Figure that people from reddit post like this
No, you're only proved you like to go on witch hunts.

>>Keep calling people out on it, insulting them as redditors
>>They don't deny it and continue to post reddit-tier shit
How do you know what is reddit tier if you don't go to reddit? You're not denying that you're a redditor either...

>>Affirm my hypothesis
You would be a shitty scientist.

>This isn't a fucking chatroom or some shit. This is beyond texting your douchey friends.
This is a fucking anime imageboard. We care about each other less than we care about our friends IRL, where's the incentive to use proper MLA formatting?

>People are judged by their posts alone, and things such as formatting impact heavily on the perception of your post. There is quite a lot you can glean from formatting alone.
You have a stick up your ass and a seriously bad case of autism.

>If you post like a fucking retard, it shows people that you're a fucking retard and shouldn't be taken seriously.
Yet you tacitly admit to taking these people seriously because why else would you go on a one man crusade against "reddit formatting" if you didn't take them seriously?

use python

Rust is a better idea

Do it in x86 assembly you fucking faggot. C++ may be an old meme but it's still a meme

What is "reddit-formatting" and why is it bad?

rust is a shit-tier meme hipster language for faggots
eat the shit you poo'd on your designated shitting street, you pajeets
you're like the 40 year old guy who dresses like he's in a michael cera movie and thinks that the shins are still "cool"
would be better in dependent haskell or idris

i personally think you should use quipper. once we get real qbits, we're gonna need a linux for those machines

I would help you but I don't know how to code.

Didn't they teach the vocative comma at your school?

It parses correctly. There's no ambiguity from omitting the comma; call it a stylistic choice.

quipper is a shit-tier meme hipster language for faggots. Eat shit you poo'd on your designated shitting street, you pajeet. You're like the 40 year old guy who dresses like he's in a Michael cera movie and thinks that the shins are still "cool".

See how your arguments are as retarded as you are? And qbits won't be relevant for another 50 years.

Shitting out walls of text isn't proper post formatting.
Spacing out text is proper formatting.

look; at; this; fagoot;

>being this butthurt
sounds like yo can't bring real arguments in a discussion so you insult people because of the way they write on a Sup Forums

i don't need fancy writing to get my point across. also i believe that sperging about post formatting is a reddit thing.

>almost none of them denied being from reddit
that's pointless, anyone can deny anything here
bringing reddit into the discussion just stagnates everything and turns it into a shit show, like you just did

>Do it in an overblown, bug riddled, dying unportable language
Just use c or somethin, oh, fuck, wait.

No shit-tier hipsters have even fucking heard of quipper. Moot point. They just come on Sup Forums and shill shit like Rust.

No designated shitting street pajeets have ever heard of quipper. Fuck, they don't even know haskell. If you can find one that uses clojure, he's probably a fucking genius and a special snowflake.

40 year old sad aging hipsters don't know what quipper is. They try to do everything in JS, or node/react/whatever because they're webdev dadcore fgts.

What's your point? And qbits don't exist yet - the "quantum computers" being sold rn don't have 'em. At least I'm contributing to a language that lays down groundwork that will be drawn on by languages for the next 50 years, you navel-gazing backward-looking retard. I bet you can't even write a proof in Coq or a train system that won't crash in Atelier B, dumbass. Hey, the calculus of inductive constructions called, and it was for me, because you don't fucking know the calculus of inductive constructions. The only thing you understand about homotopy is the homo part, you fucking fag.

I don't have to back up any of my arguments, because the proof is in the chocolate pudding, aka the big dick that's pushing your shit in rn, you fucking TOY.

End your miserable existence if you actually care about any of this shit.

>do it in what c compiles to
Just because you bought the AMD meme doesn't mean that everybody else doesn't use something with an x86 processor. 64 bit x86 assembly is HARDLY dying out, and if you don't know that, then your job is also a meme and you should kys

"affirm my hypothesis"

Lol, that's cute, this retard thinks he's a scientist because he's working on an undergraduate CS degree.

>Just because you bought the AMD meme
You mean the ARM meme, right?
>64 bit x86 assembly is HARDLY dying out
>Goodbye any future compile time optimizations
>Goodbye portability
>All modern x86 chips are just RISC with an x86 translator slapped on the front? Fucking SoC manufacturers are now throwing the same translators on their chips so they can do ARM or x86 both at native speeds?
>Still a bumblefuck of a language with compatibility elements dating back to the altair 8800 days, and including elements from every fucking generation since
>GOOD IDEA TO WRITE A PORTABLE KERNAL IN

Wow, getting this butthurt over someone saying that trying to re-write the entire linux kernel in assembly is a good idea. Like fish in a fucking barrel, man.

I hope you feel proud of yourself.

>MERELY PRETENDING

"YOU WEREN'T BEING SARCASTIC, YOU WERE SERIOUS, FUCK YOU, YOU KNOW YOU WERE WRONG, I KNOW YOU WERE WRONG, I WAS RIGHT AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS"

nigger what kind of retard would even begin to try to do the whole kernel in assembly. it makes no sense. that was the joke, sorry you got triggered or ran out of tendies or whatever.

see this guy
already made the joke but then i added the extra spice of calling c++ a meme language
it's similar to saying something as retarded as
welcome to Sup Forums enjoy your stay for the next two weeks until you get banned for not closing a code tag