Let's talk terminal color schemes. What do you use? What do you look for in a color scheme?

Let's talk terminal color schemes. What do you use? What do you look for in a color scheme?

I'm looking for something with somewhat muted colors myself, but something that wouldn't hinder my functionality by having the colors being too similar to each other etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/arcticicestudio/nord
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Solarized dark
/thread

Tango.
Anything else is for children who only type "ls -l" and "screenfetch" into their terminal emulators to post it in desktop threads.

Altering the terminal output seems degenerate to me. Why not just use programs that output in color?

whatever the Mint default is, except I changed the bg from black to a dark gray

I don't have any strong preferences but I wonder how people can work with a full white background. Don't you just automatically get eye cancer after a while?

This.

github.com/arcticicestudio/nord

you turn the brightness down, retard.

Default xterm colorscheme, reversed.

I don't post in desktop threads and "show your screenfetch" threads so I fail to see why would I need a low-contrast pastel-garbage color palette.

More lights gets to your retina therefore your eye focuses better.
People with astigmatism benefit from using dark text on bright background

To be honest the only reason why I'm using reversed color scheme is the fact that most TUI applications were made with it in mind. Plus I can see blue on black far better than the yellow on white.

>He uses a children's palette with dough colors

gross

make your own

So this isn't a desktop thread?

mine

Is there any scientific consensus?

scientific consensus suggests white background with black foreground, or something with slightly less contrast for daily use.

My own. I'll admit to getting pretty autistic with it. I don't like colour schemes which highlight absolutely every single element of syntax though. Keep it to 3/4 colours for syntax highlighting.

Thanks

That's just solarized, isn't it?

Yes

Monokai Dark