Mac Vs. Windows

Which one is better?

Vs.

Butter side down vs Butter side up

Fpbp

Mac

What does Mac offer that a dual boot with a Linux distro and Windows doesn't?

Solus is better.

Social acceptance
Nice meme

Not having TelemetryOS. And you can db Mac+Linux and use WINE or windows in VM.

Mac OS

>dual boot
Why are you even bringing this up?
Mac OS offers much that Windows doesn't. There isn't much it can do that GNU/Linux can't, though.

>meme

Oh wow, you're one of these extreme retards who can't accept that Solus is the best so you retort to meaningless crap like calling it a meme.

You're the reason why \G\ is dying.

Why should I use it over Fedora, Debian, Arch, or Gentoo?
It offers nothing.

The best? No. It doesn't have anything special like NixOS's functional package manager. It doesn't have anything like Arch's AUR. What makes you think it's any good? I'm not that guy btw.

Mac feels like a very polished freebsd/linux to me. It's not amazing but does "just work"

In the XP - Vista times Mac OS was ridiculously superior to Windows.

Now with Windows 10 and Apple having its focus on iOS, Windows 10 is the best OS no doubt.

Mac honestly has more bugs and hang up and it cant play games. I hoestly cant recommend mac for programming when you can buy a faster computer and run linux. Windows is for games

Huh....

I agree

>Why are you even bringing this up?

Because adobe programs such as photoshop don't have linux versions.

mac

Neither
Install Gentoo

No. Install Solus instead.

Gentoo isn't even that good, you waste too much time compiling shit for virtually no gain.

Gentoo is literally a meme.

What think?
Buy new MBP now or sit it out for the updated version? Anyone know any release date rummours?

>Mac
>No telemetry
shiggy

honestly Mac is just a better experience and its exclusive software works well with the hardware.
Windows is anti-user and this shows by their latest decisions.

but currently I'm using Windows-Linux since Linux does everything Mac does but uglier

I wouldn't say better, but windows caught up a bunch, still is a lot behind on a huge part though.

>"mac has more bugs and hangs over windows"
you swapped them around, sir.

>the best
>an actual literal botnet
you gahnoo losers really are pathetic

"wahhh solus has kevinnet"

There is no REAL evidence that Solus is a botnet.

Provide at least one UNMODIFIED and CONCRETE evidence or fuck off.

Provide at least one UMODIFIED and CONCRETE evidence that Windows 10 is a botnet or fuck off.

Oh and the telemetry that is presented in settings is optional and can be turned off. And that's the actual telemetry for improving user experience.
You can't possibly find an actual real botnet. Your computer won't be compromised and your credit card info won't be sold to the chinese if you install Windows.

There's no solid and concrete evidence that Windows or Chrome is botnet, either.

There's nothing in my previous posts about Windows/OS X/any other distros, I was only talking about Solus.

Congratulations on your inability to read.

Anicdotal but my mac at work fucks up often and windows doesnt really give me problems unless i am overclocking or something

Hackintosh

>tfw to retarded to hackintosh

Hackintosh 10.9+

GNU Emacs

macOS

t. windows 10 user

Hackintosh soon

to paraphrase Frank Zappa

"macs are really good if you're a multi millionaire
windows is okay if all you own is what you wear"

>botnet OS is best OS no doubt
>t. Pajeet

Whichever one satisfies your OS needs.

>2017
>quoting dead queers

>Use my fiancee's Mactop
>try to snap windows to edges, nothing
>maximising creates a new virtual desktop
>when you have several windows of the same program open they don't show up separately in taskbar or when alt tabbing

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT AND WHY WOULD ANYONE USE IT

you can make linux just as comfy as a mac, but if you really can only choose between the two, mac. always. unless you're the most insane of hardcore gaymers.

>Things don't work exactly like they do on another OS
>*Autistic screeching

you gotta admit that not being able to discern between several windows of the same program is shitty.

is hackintosh actually stable enough to be a main machine? i'm really tired of apple's shit hardware but i like osx

used a mac for all the day and now i'm back to my thinkpad

windows has just a better window management, everything stays where it is expected to be and the edge snapping is great for multitasking, i know things works on osx but they just do it... slower... i mean why do i have to manually resize a windows when i can just doubleclick to make it big and throw it right to make it half the desktop?

Might break with updates, but as long as your hardware is supported it works just fine.

Myself I have a 2500k with a z68 mobo and the only thing I couldn't get working is USB 3.0 (no support for ASMedia IC's) but that does not really bother me.

ugh i liked it better 2 weeks ago when g hated macs now its all hackintosh this hackintosh that fuckoff t. mscfag

That logo is still the GOAT of all computer-related logos.

RemixOS

Everything is better than crapple.

>waste too much time
Yeah I hate how compiling things brings my computer to a complete halt.

>no gain
Pic related. Ignoring use flags and the comfort of not having some neckbeard maintainer do it for you.

You can do this on macOS.

linux for server
windows for gaymen
mac for desktop

Unfortunately, this.

Unless you hack windows to bits so it actually has a wm and runs Linux (cygwin and autohotkey), macOS is better.

Using Linux as a desktop is degenerate-core. I've used Debian and Arch for about 3months each and in the end it was a waste of time for a desktop environment.

Unless your running a server, like tinkering, or your work requires it, Linux is not ready to be used as a desktop.

Me too, but after some research I found it is better to wait. IIRC, the rumors say that the new MBP will release around October.

linux for servers, HPC workstation, routers, NASes, IoTs, giant robots etc