It's just as easy to spy on a Linux user as it is on a Windows 10 user

It's just as easy to spy on a Linux user as it is on a Windows 10 user.

This is a fact.

Most of the spying is done on the IP level nowadays. Hell, even more of it is done on the login-to-facebook level. They literally give 0 shits if you go through Tor, let alone what spergstatic linux distro you found out to use.
Besides, if you are so scared we will find about your illegal trafficking ring through the Venezuelan border, run OpenBSD.

what do you mean by spy

Considering most spying is done via your web browser by Google, Facebook etc you're right.

>This is a fact.
4 u

ITT: Spillover from Sup Forums blaming their ineptitude with anything other than Windows on the OS seeking acceptance for their stupidity among their equally stupid peers.

It's kind of funny seeing so many of these supposedly really "technically adept" types go all apeshit over people using Linux or OSX. My experience is that it's usually just their ego telling them that "No, you can't be bad at something relating to computers, so it has to be something other than you" to avoid having to admit that they only know how to use Windows.

Personally I dumped Windows for OSX around 2007 and after a lot of tinkering with UNIX stuff in OSX all my desktops have since then run Linux (while my laptops run OSX). At this point Windows has to me become "That OS the clueless, kids who want to play games and those who have to use some really obscure tools only available on Windows". Pretty much all the software I run into, even the obscure stuff like AVR Studio, Matlab, Quartus II, etc., run on ether Linux or OSX.

Fuck off you autistic sperglord. I use linux since kernel 2.2. and I bet I have way more years than you on pure usage on it. You projecting since if you weren't a stupid shit you would know how to not be scared of Windows like a little child and be protected from anything potential from it.

I just disabled the spying on my windows OS. Now it runs faster and I feel secure.

first day on Sup Forums eh shill

Because running BSD, you won't be able to connect to the internet.

>projecting
>ad hominem

>Quartus II
How to get ModelSim to work? I'm pulling my hair out trying to get this dumb program to work. Compile times waste too much time for me to keep testing on actual hardware.

Nice try, newfag. There was never a Linux called 2.2 the first one was 4.10.

By mentioning "illegal trafficking ring through Venezuelan border" twice in two days on Sup Forums, you basically deanonymised yourself on vocabulary level. Get gud, research about opsec.

>It's just as easy to spy on a Linux user as it is on a Windows 10 user.

Feel free to explain your hypothesis.

First off, OSX isn't unix. It's unix-like the same goes for Linux.
Second: OSX has flaws with privacy as well (finder sending data, and the whole Apple relations with PRISM).

BSD is also unix like
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

retard

Why would anyone think that they would be safer on Linux compared to Windows if someone was standing behind you watching everything you do? Is it because they wont be able to understand what you're doing as easily because Linux is less common?

>I'd just like to interject for a moment.
fuck off stallman, most distros are just plain linux distros

>using google
>using facebook
>using facebook on chrome

you need to go back

Nearly everything is not unix, everything is unix-like or has some part of unix like systems because it simply couldn't use unix even though they wanted to just use unix
Let's not rip on Stallman he's like the gift that keeps on giving. Even if you can't use his software pretty well you can copy paste something he said and the responses are magical, or at least good for a laugh.

this, there's nothing really you can do anymore. Didn't people even find Intel chips had extra code running on chip level? Literally machine code.

>don't worry let me just purify my own silicon, make my own chips and write my own machine code and OS
>oh wait you visited three sites which have a "like us on facebook" button, there goes your anonymity.