Do Debian devs hate Linus?

Or are they just autistic?

Here's a Q&A session with Linus Torvalds at DebConf 14: youtube.com/watch?v=5PmHRSeA2c8

Aggressive questioning and just plain rude to Linus.

Other urls found in this thread:

zdnet.com/article/linux-developer-who-took-on-linus-torvalds-over-abuse-quits-toxic-kernel-community/
lkml.org/lkml/2012/7/6/495
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Deb-utante's are generally cunts to everyone. It's a perfect fit for the SJW politics they espouse.

my god she is so fat and disgusting

americans lmao

I've listened to this before, and questions (as well as the answers) were completely okay.

What is a distro dev anyway?

Umm, that's a Fin, you dipshit.

Debian devs are a bunch of SJWs pretty much since Jessie came out. All the good devs are now part of the Devuan project.

What? are you saying that the keyboard warrior can't handle agressiveness IRL?

swede*

>Exodus declaration in 2014
Melodramatic cringe. What's wrong with Debian people? They need professional help.

Heh cool even linus has trouble booting/installing some distro's
I've screwed up a few of those where it was like hours of trying to figure out what I was doing wrong before it started working. Really don't feel as bad about it if a guy that way more knowledgeable about computers has had the same problem.

First time I heard Debian has SJW reputation. You learn something new everyday.

It's probably a norm in their community. Read this.
zdnet.com/article/linux-developer-who-took-on-linus-torvalds-over-abuse-quits-toxic-kernel-community/

Linus is just that great of a guy. Hit pieces meant nothing to him.

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.

Dude, mind your language. Lord is watching.

It used to be a distro for sysadmins who just wanted shit to work.
Then Poettering, Jewracle and systemdick came along, and the devs split between the ones who wanted UNIX philosophy and the cucks who just ate it all up.

No, this is the style of his expressions.
lkml.org/lkml/2012/7/6/495

They're pretty reasonable questions aren't they? I watched this a while ago and I don't remember anything aggressive or rude. The discussion about GPLv3 was very informative.

Any rude questions in particular?

What's your point? Remember kids, communication is important.

Calm down Linus, he's just a kid.

My point that he doesn't give a shit about the aggressiveness of the questioning because he is used to this manner of a conversation.

>muh fennoswedes

I'm grandpa tier old and started watching this video and this old man is speaking all the time and I was wondering when will part with Linus start.

>muh unix philosphy xDD
That shit created more problems that it solves.

Did you just assume his gender?

Nice try devuan dev

>3 years in development
>for what's literally a debian without systemd and some bsd patches for software dependent on gnome (which was already done by someone else)
>still in fucking beta

>1 hour 14 minutes
Who are you trying to fool.

Give me some timestamps

So?

they are the Firefox of Linux distros.

filled with niggers, travesties, faggots and women.

Ubuntu user here, I hope snap turns to be the default package manager so we can let those degenerates rot with their shitty distro

peace

>Ubuntu user
>clueless faggot
woah

Linus is aggressive and rude person and can take it just fine. It's just polite to challenge him a bit.

He responds to this in the video at 14:34

"I don't respect people who think they deserve my respect. There are people who think that respect is something that should be given. And I happen to be one of the people who I'm perfectly happy saying 'no'. Respect should be earned."

He also basically says they're free to find someone else to work with; it's not his responsibility to babysit the feelings of others.

meant to reply to this post

Debian "developers" are just like all other GNU/Linux users and pretend developers, they suffer severe mental illness and think they are smarter and better than everyone else despite knowing next to nothing.

>The tinydrm code seems like absolute pure shit that has never seen a compiler. I'm upset, because I expect better quality control. In fact, I expect *some* qualitty control, and this piece-of-shit driver has clearly seen none at all. And those patches were apparently committed yesterday. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?...How the hell did this get to the point where crap like this is even sent to me? Nobody tested *anything*? AND WHY THE HELL WAS THIS UTTER SHITE SENT TO ME IF IT WAS COMMITTED YESTERDAY?

Linus is rude and while he's obviously extremely intelligent, his ego is still unwarrantedly large. He acts like a complete dipshit half of the time and he's an embodiment of everything wrong with tech and software development in general.
>gets smug and calls people out before having a complete picture of the situation
>has little patience, which would be understandable if he were always in the right, but he's simply not
>unwilling to concede even in many circumstances where it would benefit him or his project
>etc.
The Debian people are fucking idiots, though.

I think the older I get the more I just hate all software and everyone involved with its development

Why did the maintainer issue a pull request on code that wouldn't even compile without errors? Didn't they even try to compile it? Why would anyone want code in mainline kernel that doesn't even compile without errors?

Linus has all the right to be super pissed that this kind of shit gets to him. It's pretty established that maintainers should ask him to pull only if the code is ready.

He virtually always conceded when someone made a decent point... eventually.

What nobody needs is a SJW butterfly like you who can't take swearing and hash discussions like an adult.

>... eventually.
Exactly. He gets emotionally invested, he's always trying to defend his ego more than he's trying to work toward a solution, etc.
>ur a butterfly
>like an adult
Adults work toward solutions without getting emotional—that's my point, Fez.

Linus and systemd made me an hero.

No, adults talk frankly and directly, including swearing and all.

You can keep the subservient limited communication don't anger the much stronger adults kiddie bullshit in your SJW space.

Yes you still work towards solutions anyways, but you speak frankly among equals.

>No, adults talk frankly and directly, including swearing and all.
I'm not implying that you need to worry about being politically correct or overly polite, I'm just suggesting that you can be "frank and direct" without becoming a braying jackass and arguing to defend your preconceived notions instead of working toward an objective solution.

Just gonna stop replying to you because you're a fucking retard who is clearly an example of what I'm talking about here

> I'm not implying that you need to worry about being politically correct or overly polite
Yes, you are.

> I'm just suggesting that you can be "frank and direct" without becoming a braying jackass and arguing to defend your preconceived notions instead of working toward an objective solution.
Linus is doing exactly that. He tells people to fucking fix their shit if it very much seems like they did wrong.

In the rare case where they didn't fuck up and hence don't have to fix their shit but there was actually a reason behind why everything is done so apparently poorly, they can reply.

> Just gonna stop replying to you because you're a fucking retard who is clearly an example of what I'm talking about here
Right back at you - you defintiely appear like an almost typical fucking SJW retard who can't take it when adults are direct with each other, rather expecting a fucking parade with minced words and sugared passive aggressiveness until you are truly, genuinely sure that you might cuss due to SJW society and re-verified facts protecting your stance somehow.

'cause you wouldn't want someone to feel upset until he's wrong by every measure. Oh fucking no.

>EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T AGREE WITH ME ON ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING IS AN SJW

Oh I loved the hand meme

Such a good goy

well you do act like an sjw, linus is adult and a passionate man, he can do as he please.
as do i when i tell you to fuck off you stupid sjw. is it harsh? maybe leddit is better place for you if you are so sensitive. software industry don't need to cater to your likes and needs. you are free to write your own software and your own kernel, where everyone will be gentle and kind. but dont come to other people's project with shitty ideas cause you bored and lonely and cry after you've been told to fuck off. imagine if you could actually contribute something useful instead of your shitty advice on ethics. what beautiful world would that be

>doesn't even attempt to understand the other poster
>beats up his little strawmen to make himself feel good

you're in the wrong here

who cares about linus?
it's just some proprietary software shilling faggot

Linus made really valid points about why distros suck ass and why it will never be the year of linux desktop.

The devs are too conceited to think from the user perspective. They make distros they like to use themselves and then complain the user base is not expanding.

>I think the older I get the more I just hate all software and everyone involved with its development

Right with ya dude.

>I think the older I get the more I just hate all software and everyone involved with its development

I feel that away about everything in my life. Waking up in the morning, I hate everything, even sunshine, food and happy people. Something about feeling jaded because I have seen all that life has to offer and it is mediocre at best.

Are you English?

No, South Asian.

You should try hiking. It's a pretty chill hobby, I always feel better after spending time outdoors.

Just don't start off trying to Bear Grylls your way through the deep jungle or some shit, do some day hikes.

I go for long drives sometimes. I just can't find a decent job for over a year. Market here is so saturated here even entry level jobs are a challenge.

Literally every business grad in their 20-30's here is on suicide watch because no job prospects.