Why does Sup Forums hates it?

why does Sup Forums hates it?

>boot fresh install
>wifi doesn't work

It works on literally every other distro.

Quality German engineering.

more of a european thing, it's still far more successful than anything Sup Forums memes about

nobody cares about your shitty broadcom card not working

It's not even Broadcom, user.

What's the excuse of it working on every other distro and even BSD, but not on Suse?

We don't. tumbleweed is a very sensibly designed rolling release distro, possibly the best.

plug in the ethernet and fix it, if it doesn't have ethernet it's a facebook machine not worth discussing here, fix it over usb

rpm is cancer

it has no place in a world with apt, pacman, or even that thing solus has

but I'm using it right now OP

see

fuck off Stallman

So, the distro is so good that I need an extra step just to make it work? Even Arch is easier than this.

This is plain bullshit and terrible engineering. There is no excuse for this to happen in CURRENT_YEAR.

Did you buy a Windows laptop and then try to install Linux on it? that's probably why

>apt/deb better than zypper/dnf/rpm

How's it feel to be retarded

$CURRENT_YEAR
fixed your typo, noob

maybe ease of installation on craptops over proprietary consumer wifi isn't anyone's #1 priority outside of Sup Forums

this really seems to trip up Sup Forumsentooman, thought you guys were smart?

I don't hate it, it just doesn't work on my 12-year-old x86 machine

I have Gears on Gallium on a thumb drive, but that's as far as I care to use suse

>not $(date +%Y)

What kind of retarded syntax is this

I don't hate it but I don't use it either.

42.2 on desktop and 42.1 on laptop.

No issues.

it has yast.

anything is better than rpm

It has systemd.

I prefer Fedora.

But I want to use FreeBSD more. Ever use it?

>why does Sup Forums hates it?
Started with it as my first distro a couple years ago

Compatibility is terrible, WiFi doesn't work properly (really bad signal for no reasin) on the majority of newer chipsets without intense tweaking, gnome
/KDE by default are shitheaps.

Reinstalled with xfce4 as my wm, then realized after I did it I enjoyed the experience but still had aforementioned compatibility issues, and the fact that the distro used RPMs.

Switched to Xubuntu, a distro that has the simplicity and ease of use that Ubuntu has, but with a wm that doesn't eat retarded amounts of resources (xfce4 is super light).

Xubuntu is literally king of distros right now if you are looking to get into Linux but just want something that "just werks".

Hate the shitty repos

#broadcom
>not using Intel or Atheros

Lots of bugs in Gnome applications on Tumbleweed.

Single Unix Standard, Date Utility

opensuse is mostly designed around KDE unfortunately

it works for me but the driver crashes sometimes. has been doing it since kernel 4.6

I like it, but I prefer Ubuntu. One of the coolest things about SuSE is susestudio online where you can build your own custom distro in 5 or 10 minutes.

Apt still preatty inferior to rpm. And I am a Debian/Ubuntu user.

idk why anyone cares, it's not something you even use everyday, and they all do 99% the same thing at approximately the same speed

i wasn't impressed with dnf and its drpms and fuckhuge repodata

We use it for enterprise (GmbH). It's rock solid, it upgrades properly. ESXi 6 finally got an option for it even though you get "unsupported" warnings.

Some things I love. It's rock solid for network services like openvpn and squid and the network services are good.

some things I hate. HTF do I view errorlog??? journalctl? apache works out of /srv/www/htdocs?

The funny part is I like it more the more people who have to administer the server. 2 people can keep a config file clean but yast2 is a godsend when you have 10 people logging in and changing shit because you know the config interface handles a lot of the inconsistencies for you.

I give it an 8/10. I would prefer ubuntu server (which is better than debian sorry but I'm OK with it).

The problem about wifi is that the iso of the installation doesn't have a package called: rfkill. Some wifi cards need to be rfkill unblocked.

>people unironically preferring zyppershit to apt-get
I don't even
why would you do that?

because of clear synthax and shortenings, in my case

>"does Sup Forums hates it"
kill yourself

Because it's Linux

dumb lizardposter

i kind of liked the logo at first, but then i got tired of it, so i don't use it.

It's the first and only distribution I've used. I picked it because I like the logo.

Bump.
Is there autists like me, who prefer KDE4 before KDE5?

it isn't, linux is a kernel developed by linus torvalds, he didn't make the gnu operating system or open suse

everyone with an wacom tablet.