Anyone here work for Amazon?

Anyone here work for Amazon?

Are the horror stories true?

I got hired part time in the shipping department

alright im your man ... i worked for Amazon in HR and i have hired lots and lots of poor fags like you.

Pay is decent for the work you do but the work you do is hell.

Major problems with Amazon for the people in the FC's is that there simply is no light at the end of the tunnel.

You feel as trapped as you can get.

Your Leads and Managers are most likely literal monkeys who are dumber than you but boss you around while they are literally not doing anything other than spy on you.

Reason for this is that every single human being working for this shit tier company has to bring in the numbers. You, your Leader, your Manager and the OPS Manager.

There are also multiple shifts a day which means that one shift competes against the other and since everyone of these sorry ass Leads tries to become a Manager and every Manager tries to become OPS Manager they all try to squeeze out as much performance as they can get to have the better performing shift that day.

Its ludacris because it literally all depends on how many orders are coming in that day and trust me some days are not like the others.

The workers (like you) must achieve average quotas they can barely ever reach (in total). You can meet your goal but the whole shift NEVER meets the daily goals because the averages get adjusted accordingly in such a way they can RARELY ever be met.

This is done to motivate the workers because what would happen if yo utell them "oh well you guys are on 150% performance today" ? Of course everyone would work slower.

This is why you get told every single day that everyone is working at 70-80% speed and theres room for improvement - no matter what the total numbers are.

Don't even get me started on breaks, the general mood in these FCs and so on.

if you have more questions ask but start looking for an alternative immediately.

What country are you in?

I havent but friend who works there now says it's pretty much an american sweatshop. He says it's better than working at pizzahut though.

also ... when they ask you WHERE you want to work choose STOW

trust me ... Stow is the best job inside of the FC.

Packing is the worst. Picking is 10 miles walking every single day but it can be good sometimes to get some variety in. Receive is fucked up too but better than Packing.

TL;DR: Choose STOW or try everything to get into Stow cause its the most comfy job.

As a stower you just put in the items into the bin and you have to be careful about it thats why you dont have to go full speed 24/7. You can even sit and you can find people to talk to across the isles or even next to each other.

All the other "jobs" inside of the FC are suicide inducing and make you feel lonely.

Also everyone hates stowers cause its so comfy and they waste all this time all day.

I worked for their AWS department for a year until I couldn't take it anymore. The work and projects themselves where cool but the management was fucking retarded. Come in for 12hr shifts to new changes, come back from lunch forget those changes we're doing this, 5min before leaving yeah fuck those changes too here's the new plan! Every single fucking day. They also love shoving their 10 principles up your ass and get a hard on when you use them in basic emails, It's like learning a new language.

Also expect overtime and no coverage. I looked into transferring but after getting to travel and speaking with other teams its the same bullshit.

This sounds a lot, I mean A LOT like working for Dish network.

its a common approach because this form of slavery just werks

amazon perfected it

added a little animation

Sorry for late reply if you're still here.

I'm 27 and never had an over the table job, even Mcdonalds turned me down over a dozen times.

I applied for Amazon cause I was told they'll take anyone no matter what, and it seems that is true.

The pay is fair it sounds like I'll just have to grin and bear it.

Thanks

Will do, thanks for the tip

I'm only part time, I doubt they'll give me all those hours?

I have no interest in full time right now.

Cute, thanks.

>shipping department

Yes. Find any job other than lifting 80lb boxes every second and you'll be much happier.

I can barely lift the 50 pounds required, 80 is not possible.

>shipping department
topkek. last month I started as an SDE in Amazon's Seattle office, making $130k/year.
What's it feel like to be a pleb?

I plan to do trade school, or maybe move my career up at Amazon if I like it there.

I saw they have a program to help full time employees achieve career tier positions.

Good for you though, I hope you like your job.

yet you post here

i smell bullshit

If you can barely lift the 50 pounds required then you're in trouble. I didn't even finish my first day before I quit. If you're not use to that kind of work it will murder you. Any job you can think of off the top of your head would most likely be easier on your body.

They say you have to start somewhere. Just don't start here unless your use to that sort of physical labor.

Don't plan on becoming anything other than an area manager in the FC, but expect to put in at least 5 years. Trying to move from the FC to anywhere else is a fucking joke. I work as IT in one to pay for school while I get my degree. They won't take you seriously because you are like 3 levels below them. External candidates look better for positions you are qualified for because there is no assumption about you. If you want to move up in Amazon, quit and be rehired.

The work is easy, it's seriously not that bad. Impossible to get fired unless you're an idiot. Do your time, take advantage of career choice (even though it kind of sucks) and go work somewhere else. At least at my FC they are very accommodating of school schedules, so that's cool.

From what I'm reading here it honestly just sounds like any other company that is constantly shipping shit.

It's always horrible and thankless work but you can make decent money if you can put up with it.

But if I were you I'd immediately start looking for other jobs. You can use the fact that you are working for a huge company like Amazon as a bonus since that makes you look better in comparison.

I've sent out over 300 applications in the last 2 years, this is my first time being hired.

I have no choice.

All those apps were retail and fast food too, even McDonalds told me to fuck off.

Honestly I don't dream of six figures.

If I can hit 50k a year at any point I'd shit myself, Area manager at Amazon I guess would make that.

Only specialized support makes around that range. AMs make way more than that.

I wouldn't be intimidated by the workload at all. People can be pretty wimpy. It's a nice job in the sense that you can just zone out for 10 hours, and then go do your thing. Don't need to dress to impress or fake a good mood. Just for the love of God work towards something. You can go the AM route, but it's long and painful and in that time invested, you could achieve so much more. Like being a PA/lead is a fucking joke unless you're in it to be in charge of people.

If jobs are tough then keep it, no need to question it at that point. From what I've heard of other FC employees is that either PT or FT they'll toss you OT hours, of course you dont have to take them but they do have a PIP program so they could cut you for the smallest shit. I've seen FC employees go to the data center side as entry positions so it's a possibility to grow with basic experience. I was making 60k with no previous experience doing that. Just need to go in with the mentality that they'll milk you for every minute you're there.

You have to be an extra special kind of retard to not get hired by McDonalds.

They probably don't want older people with possible responsabilities that will leave eventaully when they find anything just a bit better.

i would imagine they wouldn't even worry about that. ive seen every person under the sun work at mcdonalds

every type of person, that is

Sound like the company I'm working for desu, I won't say exactly which but what I will say is that they build servers for Amazon, Apple and Microsoft

Don't know where you live but i only see high schoolers working at mcdonalds where i live.

If I took off that plug, would she die?

The quality of the job is pretty dependent on how competent your area manager is. At best the job will be mind numbing. The benefits are good though and 2-4 day work weeks are nice. I saw you said you can barely lift 50 pounds, I'd recommend getting into shape before peak season

Very helpful, thanks a ton.

no

It's reminded me I need to hit the gym, which I plan to do.

I used to be in better shape but depression fucks shit up.

I know the feeling bro. A word of advice, do not give out any personal info and all from now on this thread. Based off the stuff I know about you (hire date/Dept/part time) I could figure out who you are. AMZN really does not want employees talking about the company online, please tread carefully

You're fucking retarded. Everyone in the world applies to McDonald's. They get so many applications that most of them don't even get read. Mark Zuckerberg could apply there and still only have the same 1 in 8 chance that everyone else has.

>imagine

Exactly, you're imagining how easy it would be to get a job at McDonalds. You yourself haven't even applied there before.

To be honest, I wouldn't hire him to be in my company even if I knew it was him. The dude is scum.

You wouldn't hire Mark Zuckerberg to cook burgers?? You're an idiot. Literal felons are working at McDonald's.

Guys, kinda unrelated, but i love supermarkets and i wish i could work in Walmart or some place like that at least for a year. Is it a good job?. I'm not talking about money

I worked at a super center back in 2010 after high school, shit was cash, worked in the dairy department, and literally ate all the food there

post your resume
if its taken you that long to find a job then your resume is probably shit. let us help.

Just don't fucking work for dairy. I applied to the photo center and they called me in for an interview and after an hour of waiting they pretty much went "lol dude this is for diary it's a chill job u want it or not bro"

So I accepted it.

>fucking 0 Celsius
>shared dirty smelly semi frozen sweat jacket
>constantly getting stock from 0c freezer then walking to ambient temp outside

Worst of all

>the fucking faggot cashiers just standing around making the same amont

you'd trust zuck not to undercook your beef? dumb fuck.

I work for a company that sells things to dish and they have some insane demands for labeling of products and shipment boxes that change yearly/on a whim. I guess that's the power of bureaucracy