/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

ITT you're supposed to ask questions that do not deserve their own thread.

Read the sticky before posting, you can often find the answer faster there: Same goes for taking a minute or two and googling your issue first.
DO NOT BUMP YOUR QUESTION! You wont get an answer faster, and some people look for posts without replies.

Redirect anyone creating their own thread with

Other urls found in this thread:

xda-developers.com/root/
wikihow.com/Use-Microsoft-Access
support.office.com/en-us/article/Basic-tasks-for-an-Access-desktop-database-5ddb8595-497c-4366-8327-ae79d2abdc9c
louisville.craigslist.org/sop/5997086881.html
jagt.github.io/clumsy/
ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#delogo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What gps is the best to get?
Im planning on going to dreamhack austin and dont know which ones are botnet and which ones have shit maps

use your phone

Is there anything im sacrificing by only using my phone?

privacy i guess, but you could just get a new sim for the duration and throw it away after if your phone is not locked

Is that it?

How do I get my cat to stop sleeping ontop of my computer?

GPS works without data.

Verizon has the new unlimited plan

yes

are you retarded?

stop using your computer

is my pantech p6090 to cucked too be rooted?

ive never rooted a phone and all my searches turn up "just use this app goy' and "complete this survey for our firmware.zip" clickbait deadends

xda-developers.com/root/

Is there any way to organize my favorites by folders on firefox for android? The only way I know is by adding them on PC then using sync.

are YOU retarded?
>It uses data
>(Thing that makes that irrelevent)

what the fuck does verizon's contracts have to do with how GPS works you fucking retard?

Is Microsoft Edge better than Google Chrome?

How to use Microsoft Access? I want to input SQL commands and shit but it just looks like an Excel sheet, How to even use it?

no

wikihow.com/Use-Microsoft-Access

He was talking about how it uses data, and then i was saying i could switch over to verizon™'s new cool as fuck unlimited plan, they're usually the best to get for data plans, and now that i can use all the data i want it doesnt matter if it uses 4g or not

it doesnt use that much data and their plan is not unlimited but whatever

Thanks, but that's exactly what I don't want. I just need a space where I can paste like 10 pages of commands that generate the database exactly how I need it.

support.office.com/en-us/article/Basic-tasks-for-an-Access-desktop-database-5ddb8595-497c-4366-8327-ae79d2abdc9c

why would the best data plan provider in the world lie about having an unlimited plan? It blatantly says unlimited in the ads that everyone sees so i dont think they would be so distrustworthy like att or t mobile

read the contract, fucktard

Thanks for trying, but you're clearly retarded senpai.

I'm not even running Windows right now

Just trying to help

says the guy that dont know how to google

I already tried to look it up but YaCy gives me no useful results. I'm not even sure if Access supports the input of SQL commands.

Is it okay to use abstract classes in Java when nothing will be inheriting it?

What are general uses for abstract classes?

when do you buy new parts for your pc?

its like a race you cant win

you will either pay too much or become outdated

when do you buy a new car?

Why would you use an abstract class if nothing will be inheriting it? That makes it literally impossible to do anything with.

Abstract classes are for when you need to define not only an interface, but also variables.

I'm having trouble installing Xubuntu. Yes I know that means I should an hero or at least just stop using computers, but let's look past that.

I've overwritten an installation of debian with Xubuntu, and the issue is that for whatever reason the Ubuntu installer isn't overwriting the grub from the debian installer. On top of that, the version of debian I installed was 32 bit (accident) and the version of Ubuntu I'm installing is 64 bit.

I've read several things online saying to go into Ubuntu live mode and install boot repair, but now whenever I try to boot into the USB it gets stuck at "Assuming Drive Cache Write Through", so I'm trying to do everything through grub rescue.

Please help me, I am but a lowly idiot.

i dont

i cant stand buying any used things, it literally disgusts me that other people have used it

and i wil never buy a new car knowing it will drop $4k in value the moment i drive out of the shop stresses me too much

my bike is almost 10 years old and so is my pc

Delete everything first and install from scratch. Why are you even installing and keeping parts the old stuff?

No need for self-bashing here. This is stupid question general, not kill yourself weekly.

cant use a bike to compare you fucktard.

also, you answered your own question.

I'm not trying to do that, I wrote over everything on the debian partition, but grub is still there. Ubuntu doesn't show up anywhere under Boot Options in BIOS

this a good deal?
louisville.craigslist.org/sop/5997086881.html

I want to make a class that governs movement in a board game and it was never going to need to be instantiated, so I was wondering if I could make it abstract.

Shall I just make a normal class and make everything in it static?

Why would you need a class with only static methods? Why not make it a regular class with regular methods and instantiate it in the class(es) that need it, potentially passing it via constructor?

Delete all the partitions and make new ones retard.

>Ubuntu doesn't show up anywhere under Boot Options in BIOS

Why would Ubuntu show there? Ubuntu isn't even hardware.

Thanks to technology stagnation, this problem is now solved for most people

>motherboard
When your motherboard breaks

>cpu
When your motherboard breaks

>graphics card
When you are no longer happy with your current one

Just got my old Galaxy S3 repaired, what is the most stable rom I can put on this old badboy

because you only replaced the OS partition and not the boot loader

are you fucking retarded? just look at the other shit people are selling

i bought a used 6850 like 4 years ago for $60

Is there any reason this wouldn't work?
Not a single filter works
I did run it as admin

Picked it up from my local computer store for £20 and they have another one in stock as well, should I sell it on or replace my SSD with it?

best kindle version to buy 2nd hand?

how to put epub and mobi files onto kindle?

where to get free books?

thank

What is this?

I figured for general game concepts like combat and movement, those classes would never need to be instantiated. I would just be using them as tools.
Is that not a good way of using OOP?

I'm trying to create lag
jagt.github.io/clumsy/

but that gpu goes for $400. it looks like a good deal to me. maybe you're retarded, friend.

Anyone knows if a failing HDD can cause the CPU usage to spike like crazy?

pretend that you are city government and your cat is a homeless person: just cover the computer case in spikes to stop it from sleeping there

Just make it a regular object that you instantiate when needed (probably in the controller class or whatever). You should attempt to stay away from static as much as possible.

Why? What are the benefits of instantiating that type of class, and what are the downsides of using static? Why should I refrain from using it?

:^)

>best data plan provider in the world
Their plans have been playing catchup for years. And forget other countries. Fucking every cellphone plan in the united states is extortion

Static methods can not be overwritten. If you make this movement class static, you will always be stuck with the same movement unless you rewrite the movement class.

If you make it non-static, and at some point you need a different form of movement, you can just subclass the movement class and overwrite that function.

On that note, why not add movement and combat capabilities to the classes that are going to be fighting and moving themselves?

>replying to the wrong person

even if he replied to the right person, he was still taking obvious bait

I reply how I want.

>Delete all the partitions
I'm dual booting with windows

all but windows then.

You can pre-download maps if you don't want to use data. I think the only extra features are that gps can show where gas stations and restaurants are. You'd most likely need data on a phone.

Okay, thanks.
I was thinking I'd have separate classes which all dealt with their own major functions, but looking at it now it would make sense to have attack() and move() in the Character superclass.
What are general uses for static stuff then?

What OS?

Copy pasted from a stack overflow answer:

One rule-of-thumb: ask yourself "does it make sense to call this method, even if no Obj has been constructed yet?" If so, it should definitely be static.

So in a class Car you might have a method double convertMpgToKpl(double mpg) which would be static, because one might want to know what 35mpg converts to, even if nobody has ever built a Car. But void setMileage(double mpg) (which sets the efficiency of one particular Car) can't be static since it's inconceivable to call the method before any Car has been constructed.

which linux news sites are the best?

Winblows 7 64x.

His boot in in the Windows partition. That's what get for being a retarded distro hopper. Either fix it manually or reinstall Windows too.

Dedicated GPSs tend to have a little more accurate sensors, and traditionally have put more into their maps, but google has so much resources at this point it's hard to argue anything is much better

After reading so many intel shills talking about how much useless is a CPU with more than 4 cores I was wondering something.

When I play a video game I'm often doing few other things at the same time like watching a video on a second screen, talking with friends on mumble, music, downloading something...

How much other programs would impact the performances in games (considering that nowadays we see a lot of games benefiting from more cores) ?

Anyone got an article talking about it ? Is it just insignificant ?

topkek.

use a VM next time you want to try shit out

I thought it would make sense for a game board since there's only one board that will be updated.
Thanks for your help though.

No, the Windows partition is fine. The only reason I'm hopping distros is because I messed up my network drivers on Debian and figured it would be easier just to install Xubuntu than try and fix the problem

those things you mentioned, very little, but more cores is not useless any more.

Best way to edit out a watermark in a bunch of videos? Don't need the 'original' background behind the watermark, but would like to at least put something that blocks it. I'm using KDEnlive fyi, and I'd like to do this on Linux over Windows. Thanks.

ffmpeg

I believe at this point os' especially windows don't do proper load leveling so instead of distributing the computing load across more cores for multitasking you get one maxed out core and a couple of cores at twenty five percent

Where did the desktop threads go? and how was the tool called they used to show off stats.

Sorry, but how? Never used it before.

speccy? just use the catalog search

ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#delogo

I believe they got banned and the tools are screenfetch for linux, and speccy or cpu-z for windows. I think you can get screenfetch on windows but it's a bit of work

Thoughts on the Dell Ultrasharp range?

Specifically the U2417H, there's fuck all reviews for it.

Should I?

It's free, but a bit of casual searching shows that hard drives aren't easy to come by for this thing?

that's what I thought.

Considering that it can be impactful, you're suggesting that on a 2 core CPU linux would manage things properly and you'll barely see the difference while windows will just shit itself ?

I'm not sure how well linux handles it, I just know from personal experience that windows is pretty shit at it for the moment

If I sign up for Tutanota, does it make any difference at all whether I choose @tutanota.com, @tutamail.com, @keemail.me and so on?

>free
yes

probably an easy flip on ebay if you aren't going to bother getting the hard drives

well chrome eats shitloads of RAM
if you do too much multitasking you won't have enough memory to run the game

With that filter in your screenshot you're essentially telling your "clumsy" application to force googles DNS server to send itself lagged packets which is impossible. If you want to send lagged packets from yourself to google you need to change the ip.src to your ip and the ip.dst to google. Also you have to assume that the delay will be higher than the value you've set according to the manual on the site.

It's not allowing me to change the variables to anything other than 0.

Looks like a purely cosmetic choice. Just pick whichever one you think looks/sounds better in your email address.

How much thermal paste is sufficient for a CPU?

I was just running prime 95 on ultimate boot cd and the motherboard LED lit up indicating that the CPU was having a problem. I restarted the PC and a bios message came up saying something like "temperature error, cpu is too hot." My pc also emitted a burn smell.

I just put a pea sized dot on my CPU. Is this sufficient, or is there some other problem?