User here that hasnt looked into laptops in 6-7 years thinking of buying a new one...

user here that hasnt looked into laptops in 6-7 years thinking of buying a new one. I want one that can game on moderate to high settings. Nothing super great. I hate windows 10 but if I have to have it then so be it. And I would prefer to spend under 1k. Is it possible to do this? I use my laptop now to stream videos, torrent and put movies on a disc to watch on my television. Modern day laptops still do this correct?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-E5-575G-53VG-15-6-Inch-Windows/dp/B01DT4A2R4/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1488068731&sr=1-1&refinements=p_n_feature_seven_browse-bin:3012497011
tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5084090&CatId=3998
rbt.asia/g/thread/S59101114
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834131136
m.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-ThinkPad-W530-2447DA2-16GB-320GB-2-90GHz-CORE-i7-3520M-W7P64-WEBCAM-/371876131082?nav=SEARCH
youtube.com/watch?v=snLaXxQ_EYY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Laptops are getting pretty shitty now. They are being designed with impossible to open chassis, Soldered ram and wifi chips etc.

I would actually recommend buying a used one from like 2011 or older.

buy one already instead of making the same thread over and over again you fucking retard

are you poor or something? who the fuck waste so much fucking time on a under 1k buying decision?!

ever invested 6 figures long term, bought a 2nd house or faced any tough financial decision?

if not .. get off Sup Forums and get a life lmfao

Already posted last time, and not all laptops are doing this. The one I recommended to this douche was the dell, and it's incredibly simple to open (one screw and the whole back comes off) and is ready to go as far as adding another hdd, ssd, m.2, more ram, a different wifi card, and with a few more screws, the processor can be gotten to if you need to repaste it or something. It gets great reviews, and for 800 bucks starts with a 4 core i5 and a 1050ti. It also doesn't look like a gaymer laptop. You can also get last year's model with a 900 series gpu for 650 right now.

Anyway, user, quit posting this fucking thread and google gaming laptops for under 1k. There's lots of options but I think the Dell also kills everyone else on battery life.

>gaming laptop

haven't you learned anything in 6 years?

Don't buy now. The only good priced hardware/money ratio laptop atm is the xps 15
. Wait until Raven Ridge shakes things up.

>ever invested 6 figures long term, bought a 2nd house or faced any tough financial decision?
Right because that's what most people on Sup Forums are like

Fuck off you autistic child, laptops are.more than capable of gamin nowadays

Check out sager, they got some good gaymin shit without looking autistic af and with good cooling

????

Sup Forums is not your personal tech recomendation site. Use the wiki or laptopscribes.com, or just kys.

What do you think of this one?

amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-E5-575G-53VG-15-6-Inch-Windows/dp/B01DT4A2R4/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1488068731&sr=1-1&refinements=p_n_feature_seven_browse-bin:3012497011

bump

>acer
Nope, also nope-tier are Asus, and HP. Used Thinkpad or Dell is the only way to go.

What about MSI?

tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5084090&CatId=3998

rbt.asia/g/thread/S59101114

it okay

>HP
Elitebooks are top notch, but everything else they make is trash.

Why thinkpad?

Are "gaming laptops" a meme? Couldnt you just get a regular laptop and itll play a game just fine without looking like a laptop for a child?

Not that guy, but old thinkpads and dells were built to last forever. Parts are plentiful, cheap, and easy to replace. I would personally recommend looking into used dell precisions, some of those had graphic cards.

>precisions
those are so fucking shitty. Why shill dell in the first place? Thats the shit schools buy to let there students fuck with.

I couldnt find any Dell laptop with similar specs in that price range ;-;

bump for some help

Basically what got better in the last 5 years are screen, SSD and low voltage CPUs.
So now they're nice to use, fast and with long battery life.
A thinkpad with IPS screen, SSD and 9 cells battery performs basically the same for less than 400€

So for less than 400 euros I can find a PC that is 10% better than mine? Could I do moderate games on them? Here is the specs of mine atm.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834131136

That's a fucking shit,
>Samsung
>First gen i3

I bought my x230 for 240€, Lenovo build quality is good, it doesn't scream "quality" like a MacBook cause plastics but you know it's solid and there are little things that you will enjoy like graping it by the screen with no problems.

I have the i5 so not the best but it is good enough for HD video editing with difficult projects and light 3D rendering, the only new game I played was the latest Prince of Persia and I was able to play at 768p and medium to high details at more than 30fps, totally playable.
Ah and also portal 2 but that's a light game, max quality but low Res.

Mine came with ssd and 4gb ram, I'm upgrading to 8gb dual channel to help the iGPU but even now is fine, the system is on par with newer 2014 macbooks (the low resolution gives you even better performance and I have stories to tell)

Just be sure to take the IPS screen if you want a nice product but even the TN is fine, better than most screens I see, on par with the 1600*900 MB air but still a shit.

So what are you recommending? How much could I spend in theory to get a vastly better laptop then I have now? I still want a 15'6 screen. And I want to be able to burn DVD's and stream properly. That is my real goal.

If you fall for the thinkpad meme (and I suggest that) I'd advice something like a W530 if you don't need anything light.
Don't fall for the thin meme when it comes to powerful products. That just means less space for fans and it really sucks, it means higher temps and a lot of noise.
m.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-ThinkPad-W530-2447DA2-16GB-320GB-2-90GHz-CORE-i7-3520M-W7P64-WEBCAM-/371876131082?nav=SEARCH
This looks PERFECT

Oh, noticed it had a dual core i7, but that's good for the price. Just remember to add an SSD.

If you can go up to 600 you can get a fully specced one

>Integraded onboard graphics
isnt that as shitty as my current one?

it has a quadro K2000 with separated 2GB VRAM, quite a good dGPU. The integrated is there cause is in the CPU, they can't get rid of it, but if you're under windows 10 you can use it for everyday usage (low power) and use the dGPU just for gaming and render.

also even if you pick up a PC with iGPU alone from 3rd generation or more it will be miles ahead of yours, from the 2nd generation it is basically the only thing that got better on intel CPUs.
in 3rd generation (so the one that i have now) it became quite good and allowed the CPU to stay absolutely cool on normal usage, together with ULV is what allowed ultrabooks in 4th generation Intels

youtube.com/watch?v=snLaXxQ_EYY
basically same specs as that on ebay, just this one has 2 SSDs (don't ask me why)

looks like shit

Laptops suck right now
Price/performance is even shittier now, battery life sucks and they are a pain in the ass to repair
There are exceptions, but those are rare

>right now
they always have been.

You just don't understand art

HP Omen 15-AX001LA (V7R98LA)
I'm thinking of buying this particular model,
It has a 1080p screen with an i5 6300HQ AND 8gb of RAM is it worth it? Price doesnt matter, it is actually on a sale in my country

>price doesnt matter