C vs C++

Not asking which is better, but asking which I should learn first. I already know basic shit in both but I'm wondering which I should dedicate myself to learn first

Learn Assembler code first if you only do it for the knowledge. Everything else is hand-holding. Literally.

You should have a goal other than just learn one of them. Find some project you would like to contribute to and learn how. Stop thinking about which language to learn first, it is just another excuse to not start learning.

C

Flip a coin, heads C, tails C++

Avoid the unnecessary BDSM and go straight to C#.

If you MUST learn C++, don't learn C.

>Microsoft Java ++

I didn't say machine code. Now that's autism.

One does not "learn" C++. The language is too big and complicated, and there will always be odd corners of it that surprise you.

I learned c into c++. Definitely prefer c++ personally

Definitely work with C++, unless you have a specific project that requires C.

If you don't know C, then you don't know C++.

what about if you know C++, does that mean you know C?

C++ is very big and abstracts a lot of things away, so you wouldn't know how things really really work. start with C - you can at least master it, while you can never finish mastering C++

m8, you know neither C nor C++

If you start with C you'll run into some functions that by all means should probably be deprecated (if they aren't).

If you start with C++ you might run into some esoteric and ugly syntax.

Other than that for learning purposes they are the exact same language. Until you reach classes at which point you've breached the scope of C.

Learn Pascal.

Systems development? C
Anything else? C++

>Systems development? Go
ftfy

>Go like in Go Away
ftfy

Yeah that follows. You can know C without knowing C++, but for a C++ the C part of C++ is very important. If you run in to a situation where a C++ abstraction is too costly for a part of your code it pays to be able to do it the C way.

I don't know you'll decide, but please, NEVER listen to the "C is a subset of C++, so learn C++ by learning C first" people.

Never do that. Good C++ is much different from good C. If you learn C++, learn C++. Never C.

If you want to learn C, ignore this advice.

>Go
>Systems development
>Performance 3x slower than C/C++
Well-memed.

On the same note, what book is best for learning C++ or C?

Rust

C++ is almost a super set of C.

If you want to learn C++ you have to learn C anyways.

I think it is easier to start with C, because tit is a much more compact language and after that go up to C++.
Most of the things you learned will directly transfer from C to C++.

>Assembler language not holding your hand by abstracting away address and jump calculations
Literally the TurboPascal of low lever programming.

ITT Retards who dont realize universe and everything that exists is built on >> STRUCTURES > OBJECTS

Why can't we all just get along?

What do you want to do with it?
Want to make end-user programs? C++
Want to make low-end programs for Embedded systems or kernel? C

As a first language? literally whatever. Fucking learn mindfuck for all I care. What you need to learn when first starting is the basics for thinking like a programmer. Understanding how to simplify a big problem into a sequence of small commands.

Then when you get that figured out, find something you want to do (or a position you wish to fill in the industry) and choose a language according to this goal's needs.

Simple as that

I see a lot of people say things like
>systems development
>low-end
>kernel
for C

What kind of programs/work does that entail exactly?
I've only ever done end-user programming so I honestly could only guess
What are C programmers building in their day to day?

>Literally
No. But maybe figuratively.

mixed messages here

what the fuck you cannot do anything with c++ if you don't know c, c++ is some fucking libraries for c

If you want to learn an arbitrary language then go with C++. If you want to contribute to a C codebase like the linux kernel then learn C.